No. They are NOT. You can save at least $1000 if you build yourself. And it's not hard, everything just goes in one place and there aren't very many parts you have to put together.

Tell me the specs of a PC you want and I will tell you how much you can save.
ALienWaRe Is 4 tEh n00beRZ!!!1!!11oneon1
Quote by MuffinMan
I hope for a day when circumcised and uncircumcised penises can live together in harmony!

Quote by Kensai
Cowslayer, I recognize you as the Emperor of the universe. I applaud you in your awesomeness.
do you have no life? are you loaded rich?

if the answer to both of those questions are not yes, then i wouldnt buy one
Remember through sounds
Remember through smells
Remember through colors
Remember through towns
-Modest Mouse, "Novocaine Stain"
Don't buy Alienware. Build it yourself.
Wolfie, Moley, Witty, Dgmey, Grundy
Buying any pre-built PC is rarely worth it.

Building a computer is honest to god a piece of piss, it's almost like Lego, but with a few wires.
build it yourself out of parts. Its easy. If even I could do learn it when I was 13 (dad taught me)

no soldering required
Everybody Loves Lefty..

Lefties Unite!

Melodic Thrash Metal and winners of the Wacken Metal Battle Canada and 2nd Place Runner Ups for Wacken Metal Battle International

PROFANER
They're a rip off, but god they look awesome. I want to build a computer one day, and I want it to look like one of those.
Quote by grunger
anyone know any sites where you can build them for cheap them?

Newegg.com. Order the parts. Assemble it yourself. It seriously isn't that hard at all.
they where good when they started out and it was really hard to acquire al of those components, and before they got bought out by Dell, but now they aren't worth it at all. Build your own and it'll probably be half the price or maybe a little more or less depending on what you get.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
The only reason I would want one is for the case with the coloured lights

F*** those look amazing

you can make the lights change colour when you get an email.

Awesome.

And to answer your question:

No.
I will more than likely never return to any thread I post in, so don't bother replying to me.
My buddy has one and it turned into a piece of crap... im not sure if it was because or poor matinence or what but meh
And before he died, Taran-Ish had scrawled upon the altar of chrysolite with coarse shaky strokes the sign of DOOM.
yeah, like even if you go to a place to build a custom machine for you it's a lot cheaper. they'll charge you something for labour and setup, but it still wont be as much as buying a pre-built. and theres a lot of mod's you can try out for like cooling that you can do if you want to over clock or something like that for gaming.
It isn't hard at all. The only tool you need is a screwdriver. I can guarantee you have assembled more difficult things in your life.
Quote by grunger
www.alienware.com.au

I wanna get a leet pc cos i ****en love gamin, and just having a computer i dont need to keep upgrading.

Any of you computer freaks think their pcs are worth it?
$3,000 for a beast, are these worth it?

No. The answer is no.

Go build a custom HP or Compaq, you can get the same specs for close to $1000 - $1500.

For $700 I got 2 cores at 2.0 GHz each, 3GB of RAM, 512 NVidia and 500 GB harddrive.

Don't DON'T get an alienware. They're the Gibson of PC.
Quote by fretsonfire74
They're a rip off, but god they look awesome. I want to build a computer one day, and I want it to look like one of those.
Some of the more expensive PC cases out there actually put alienware to shame.

I wish I'd spent more on my case, It's very plain.
Quote by freedoms_stain
Some of the more expensive PC cases out there actually put alienware to shame.

I wish I'd spent more on my case, It's very plain.

I like simple cases. Antec 900 = best case ever. It's very clean looking.
Quote by Gordita Supreme
No. The answer is no.

Go build a custom HP or Compaq, you can get the same specs for close to $1000 - $1500.

For $700 I got 2 cores at 2.0 GHz each, 3GB of RAM, 512 NVidia and 500 GB harddrive.

Don't DON'T get an alienware. They're the Gibson of PC.

There is no better way to put this. Of course Alienware computers are going to be awesome, and even look cool. They just have that 'cool' price tag as well. You'd be better off building your own, I built my own and I will never regret it. You can buy cases that actually look a million times more awesome than Alienware, and then get some LEDs to change it up too.

If you DO happen to do this however, do NOT cheap out on the power supply. This is one of the most common errors, and it will ruin everything if you get a crap power supply with other awesome stuff. (I learned my lesson the hard way.)
Last edited by HunterRiggs10 at Jun 1, 2008,
Quote by HunterRiggs10
If you DO happen to do this however, do NOT cheap out on the power supply. This is one of the most common errors, and it will ruin everything if you get a crap power supply with other awesome stuff. (I learned my lesson the hard way.)

The power supply is the last thing you want cheap out on.

There are tons of cases that look better than alienware. Even if there were not, how often do you stare at your computer?