http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kYj1_3A5ock

Check out like 2:32, is that achieved easily with a distortion pedal? That is amazing, the amp is like $150.. How does it compare to the VJ or TT?
Matthew 7:7 ""Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you."

Pop Punk! Check us out!: Flinch
On MF it's $179.99. I was close enough
Matthew 7:7 ""Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you."

No it's 150 USD. Or at least, that's what it should be/is most places.

It isn't a metal amp. All that metal there, is the pedal. If you want, get this amp for it's cleans, but get a pedal for the overdrive/distortion you want. It's what I'm doing, as it can't make my metal tone I want, but it has such a beautiful clean tone.
Blackstar HT-5

Agile AL-2000 with Chrome Hardware
Quote by tr3nt

If you're talking to me, I was defending you. If not,
Quote by tr3nt

yeah. sorry i thought you were talking about the mini stack version.
Sound's pretty damn nice. I wonder how loud it can really get.
mmmmmmhmmm

That's exactly what I've been trying to say.

Quote by munkymanmatt
brilliant
I don't care how loud it gets, I'd rather have nice tube saturation really quiet. I have a Mesa Roadster and i'm looking for something cheap that I can crank the hell out of in my bedroom. My neighbors call the cops all the time when my Mesa is just a little loud.

Quote by tr3nt
I don't care how loud it gets, I'd rather have nice tube saturation really quiet. I have a Mesa Roadster and i'm looking for something cheap that I can crank the hell out of in my bedroom. My neighbors call the cops all the time when my Mesa is just a little loud.

Well I'm interested in giging without micing it.
mmmmmmhmmm

That's exactly what I've been trying to say.

Quote by munkymanmatt
brilliant
You do realize thats not metal right?

Carry on my wayward son - by Kansas, metal? I almost fell out of my chair with laughter
Last edited by IbanezPsycho at Jun 1, 2008,
Quote by HardAttack
Well I'm interested in giging without micing it.

..i dont think a 5watt will do it then
Well, Jesus Christ, I'm not scared to die,

I'm a little bit scared of what comes after

Do I get the gold chariot?

Do I float through the ceiling?
It's all about the pedals. The blackheart or the Vj can give up some great metal tones. Just not real loud, although the neighbors may still phone up the cops. just not as often.
Dean Icon PZ
Line 6 Variax 700
Dean V-Wing
Dean ML 79 SilverBurst
MXR M 108
H2O Chorus/Echo
Valve Junior (V3 Head/Cab and Combo)
VHT Special 6
Phonic 620 Power Pod PA
Wampler Super Plextortion
Line 6 Pod HD
Quote by IbanezPsycho
You do realize thats not metal right?

Carry on my wayward son - by Kansas, metal? I almost fell out of my chair with laughter

You nut, I said listen to around 2:32, the chords hes playing there. I'm pretty sure if you threw it into drop D or C and used those settings you could be achieving a metal tone pretty easy. You should get back on your chair now.

Quote by tr3nt
You nut, I said listen to around 2:32, the chords hes playing there. I'm pretty sure if you threw it into drop D or C and used those settings you could be achieving a metal tone pretty easy. You should get back on your chair now.

Your nuts, all your gonna get is Kansas in drop d thats it. Lower tunings don't magically make a tone metal....

And theres no back pedaling, you stated it was metal not ohh this would be metal if...
Last edited by IbanezPsycho at Jun 1, 2008,
Quote by IbanezPsycho
Your nuts, all your gonna get is Kansas in drop d thats it. Lower tunings don't magically make a tone metal....

neither does the song you play. hes talking about metal tone, not a metal song. what you call metal may not be what he calls metal.
Ibanez RG7321
Dean Evo Special 7
Agile AL-2000
ESP LTD VB-300
Peavey Vypyr 30
General of the 7 String/ERG Legion

Quote by Bentheemo
Thats probably some of the best advice I've ever received on here.
Quote by ugmung
neither does the song you play. hes talking about metal tone, not a metal song. what you call metal may not be what he calls metal.

Exactly thats why i said he wont get a metal TONE out of that by just putting it in drop d now that is the perfect tone for Kansas.... And the amp is great for classic rock but the tone is far from metal.

Just tired of people hearing a little bit of gain and instantly thinking its metal just because its got some grit to it. Or they buy one of these amps and boost the hell out of it and get the muddiest nastiest tone out of it and think its metal because there gain is through the roof. Those amps are not voiced for metal i'm sorry there just not. You dont want power tube saturation when playing metal and power tube saturation is what these amps are designed to do...
How many times have your neighbors called the cops Trent?
Quote by thrilla13w
The hotbar should be floating parallel to the principle axis at this point. Next, take a hammer, and beat yourself in the face while crying JIHAD. problem fixed.

Quote by Slaytanic1993
cowdude speaks words of infinite wisdomery.
hes using a 20 dollar distortion pedal to get that sound,

a blackheart + a sd twin tube mayhem pedal would probably be very nice for metal
Inspired by Ibanez RGA321F Prestige, Gibson Les Paul Standard