ok, i had played for quite some time, around 3 and a half year. and im playing alot of rock and mainly metal, COBHB, trivium, mudvayne, anyway you get the point, well i got myself playing right now a, ibanez rgr321ex, i decided to get this with because of it's fixed bridge and longer sustain compared to the floating ones, but then i realized i needed a backup guitar, because mainly its tuned down to drop c and there are times in jamming and playing live that songs are in drop d or standard tuning, take trivium for example, they never went to drop c, well in some cases they did. so yeah, i was thinking of getting a much higher end guitar with a floating trem, but i cant decide on w/c one, cause alot of people told about the qualities of trem on diff. brands of guitars, but i got my eye on the ibanez edge pro series and the edge pro z series, i am hoping to get an rg2550 but then i saw ESP had a good line of guitars with floating trem, but im not sure w/c ones better the one's on ESP or Ibby? could you guys help me out on this one. much appreciated. thanks.
You basically cant go wrong with a guitar that has an Original Floyd Rose. Specifically which ESP's were u looking at?

Check out...
ESP LTD MH-1000, Schecter C-1 Hellraiser FR, Jackson Soloists.
Last edited by metalman89 at Jun 1, 2008,
Quote by metalman89
You basically cant go wrong with a guitar that has an Original Floyd Rose. Specifically which ESP's were u looking at?

Check out...
ESP LTD MH-1000, Schecter C-1 Hellraiser FR, Jackson Soloists.

so all of the ESP's have original floyd roses installed with them? or its just the LTD-series. how bout the STD-series? cause i was hoping not to get above 1000$.
Quote by kila_smile
so all of the ESP's have original floyd roses installed with them? or its just the LTD-series. how bout the STD-series? cause i was hoping not to get above 1000$.

No, not all of them. Did you check out the MH-1000? It's in your price range. For your price range your options are the MH-1000 and the M-1000. The only ESP'S with Original Floyd Roses are the LTD Deluxe series and the ESP Standard series, which is over $1000. The MH-1000 is in the Deluxe Series.

There other LTD's with tremolos (the LTD Standard Series), but they are not original floyd roses, they are licensed. Like on the LTD MH-400. I've never used LTD tremolos so I can't say how good they are. You'll have to do a search or ask to find out their quality. They might actually be great, so you'll have to find out from someone else.

The only licensed floyd roses I've tried are the ones on the Jackson Pro Series which is excellent, but I don't know if you're interested in Jacksons. For the $1000 mark there's the Jackson DKMGT, DK2M, DK2, RR3. They are all excellent.

I don't have any experience with Ibanez so I won't comment on them.
Last edited by metalman89 at Jun 1, 2008,
Quote by metalman89
No, not all of them. Did you check out the MH-1000? It's in your price range. For your price range your options are the MH-1000 and the M-1000. The only other ESP's with tremolos is the ESP Standard series, which is over $1000

There are other LTD's with tremolos, but they are not original floyd roses, they are licensed and I've never used LTD tremolos so I can't say how good they are. You'll have to do a search or ask to find out their quality.

The only licensed floyd roses I've tried are the ones on the Jackson Pro Series which is excellent, but I don't know if you're interested in Jacksons. For the $1000 mark there's the Jackson DKMGT, DK2M, DK2, RR3. They are all excellent.

I don't have any experience with Ibanez so I won't comment on them.

yeah i did check on the esp mh-1000, it looks promising, as well as the c-1 hell raiser, it had postive reviews on it's trem considering the 600-800$ price range. ill go check it out when i get to a music store. i havn't had really an experience with jackson, the big advatage of using an ibanez is it's fretboard, its so thin you'll feel your hand slide through while playing. well as for the trem, im would still need some info, and comparison to other guitars of the same quality and price.
Hmmm, for a 1000$ you might want to shop around at Ibanez too:

For that kind of money you can get a prestige (RG2550 Prestige):
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Ibanez-Prestige-Series-RG2550Z-Electric-Guitar?sku=515738

Or the higher segment of the S series (S620EXQM):
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Ibanez-S620EXQM-Electric-Guitar?sku=512501

Or if you like extreme, go for something like this (XPT700):
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Ibanez-XPT700-Electric-Guitar?sku=512557
ADA MP-1 fanatic!

Rig:
ADA MP-1 (stock)
TC Electronic G-Major
Marshall El84 20/20
Since you already have an Ibanez, you should stick with that brand since you should be used to the Wizard neck profile. That said, the 2550 is a great choice. Or you can look around for a used RG570.