My brother's looking at the SX P-Bass copies ($110) on Rondo and he wondered what the overall opinion was on them. He's primarily a guitar player, but dabbles a little in bass, so he doesn't want to pay the $500 he'd need for a Fender. Thanks for any info.
I'm not a punk rock hero and you're no fairy princess, just 'cause you're beautiful and I've got a stupid haircut.
Quote by TheAdict310
the $500 he'd need for a Fender.

WTF?!?! Lucky s.o.b.... That better be in some kind of good sale or I'm really jealous; here they're NZ$1200, which is like US$750.
Pay a little more and get an Aria dude, they make great basses for the US$250-US$300 price range.
SX do make some of the best knock-offs, though I've only ever played SX guitars and not basses. Still, if he wants to spend as little as possible SX should be a reasonable choice, just make sure he plays a bunch of different basses before he chooses.
Quote by telecastrmastr
if this goes in someones signature im gunna be pissed

Quote by jimithrash
what do you mean by goat
Don't buy a bass below 150,-

Like the Captain says get a Squier or an Ibanez.
To Be is to Do -Socrates-
To Do is to Be -Sartre-
Do be do be do -Sinatra
SX's are at the same level as Squier easily, regardless of price. They're probably the most popular brand people buy for mod basses.

If he only dabbles in bass, then it's a good buy.
I've probably said this twenty times or so, but I'm sticking by it: I would never, ever recommend an SX if you're looking for even a mediocre bass.
yep i had a SX and it sucked i would say to check for used basses, i got my actual bass used for 120$ and its worth 600...
Last edited by cyberrem at Jun 1, 2008,
He already has a bass and amp, he just really likes P Basses but doesn't wanna spend the money for a real one.
I'm not a punk rock hero and you're no fairy princess, just 'cause you're beautiful and I've got a stupid haircut.
He's not going to get the same quality unless he dishes out for the real thing. Plenty of people make knock-offs, but none of them can really compare to the real thing.