Psychedelico
UG's Flying Lemur
1,584 IQ
Anybody have any opinions about this? Though I'm absolutely hopeless at it I like the way the stuff sounds.

EDIT: Oh yeah, Buddy Rich is incredible.
Quote by SlinkyBlue
I remember when I was really young, I had a wet dream in which i was being dragged along an urban countryside by a pickup truck.

Don't ask me I have no idea how the hell it happened.

To Me:

Quote by Son.Of.TheViper

I love you
Last edited by Psychedelico at Jun 1, 2008,
British Josh
joined before Kensai
703 IQ
Buddy Rich.
Bands I've seen live:

Def Leppard
Journey
Tool
Testament
Megadeth
Slayer
Mastodon
Deftones
Alice in Chains
Foo Fighters
Rodrigo y Gabriela
Kartman
Samuel in da tub.
2,406 IQ
I love love love Jazz drumming.

I don't care what any of you say, Mitch Mitchell is the best jazz drummer out there. I also like Lenny White.
WHY IS EVERYONE IN THE PIT A FUCKING METALCORE KID
SeanHart213
Shirt Ripper
611 IQ
billy cobham

and i don't know if you'd consider it jazz, but Nathaniel Townsley has got GROOVE

youtube search for him
Vociferance

Halcyon

Quote by dead-fish
OMGZ! Chuck shuldingr iz teh master conspiraiter!

Quote by jakekilgore666
sean hart i love your avatar
imgooley
PLAY IT ****ING LOUD
4,866 IQ
I really like Max Roach, but I am an Art Blakey man, all the way. He was insane on the drums.
Resiliance
Acta est fabula
449 IQ
Dave Weckl is my favorite.
He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt.
He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would fully suffice.

Remember: A prudent question is one half of wisdom.

Click.
srvflood
UnRegistered User
457 IQ
Gene Krupa, Tony Williams
Last.fm

Fender Deluxe Players Strat > Big Muff > LPB-1 > Moog Ring Mod > MXR Dynacomp > MXR Phase 90 '74 > Fender Hot Rod 410 (soon)
Axegrinder#9
I pwn You
913 IQ
Quote by Resiliance
Dave Weckl is my favorite.

hahah ohh man, you were the last person who I thought would say that. I'm going to put you down simply on the basis of selecting the drummer with the worst hair

on a more serious note, the threads kinda redundant, but if we're talking strictly straight up jazz drumming (and that is?) , I'd probably have to go with Jack DeJohnette and Elvin Jones. Also Idris Muhammed.

For more contemporary approaches to jazz drumming, Billy Cobham for sure, and obviously Vinnie Colaiuta and Tony Allen (Fela Kuti's drummer).

Some of the newer guys that I really dig would be Billy Martin and Stanton Moore, as well as Keith Carlock (watch this guy!).

but my current favorite drummer all round is definitely Steve Gadd.
Beakwithteeth
Wild and Reckless Hobo
671 IQ
Idk too many drummers. The drummer of my band's favorite it Gene Krupa though. Closely followed by Buddy Rich.

There's also a fabulous drummer that lives either in my town or one next to mean and teaches at a local college that used to tour with big bands and stuff. I will see if I can find a video of him or something.
MastaBassist10
Banned
4,134 IQ
Max Roach. Who played with Miles Davis (kind of blue era) cause I cau always tell his playing right off.
laurel333
Psychedelic jazz musician
134 IQ
1) Tony Williams
2) Elvin Jones
3) Steve Gadd
Clapton
McLaughlin

Metheny
Wakenius
Nick_
as I sd to my
38 IQ
Quote by MastaBassist10
Max Roach. Who played with Miles Davis (kind of blue era) cause I cau always tell his playing right off.

KoB was Jimmy Cobb
andy_woodhead
If you have to ask...
73 IQ
Quote by Nick_
KoB was Jimmy Cobb

It was indeed. Max played with Miles earlier on when Miles was playing with Bird, just before he formed the first Quintet with Philly Joe.
Bootsauce
107 IQ
lemme add a couple more to your fine list....
Michael Walden, Marc Mondesir