i jus got a guitar and wanna know if you need a pedal to play solos or just a good tone with amp effects also what would be good to have when playing like a wah pedal or any other suggestions EDIT: and how long does it take for you to learn a song on average
Last edited by newguy332233 at Jun 1, 2008,
hmm, the question is a bit vague, it depends what you want to do with the solo, if you want to have a wah sound, then you will need a wah pedal. from my experience, in built effects aren't too hot so a pedal would be better.

as far as song learning time, it depends on your skill, familiarity with the song and how easy the song si to play, it varies.
I agree...

I started out with a multi-effects pedal to learn my likes and dislikes..
What is magic for another player may be totally useless to you...

Multi-effect amps often come up short and you outgrow them..
look for a good tube amp..preferably used...a good amp can make
a cheap guitar sound really good.

Everyone is different at learning...it took me 3 months to play seek and destroy's
main riff. Some people just pick it up like that. now, sometimes i play
master of puppets..just because its still so much fun to me. Don't
compare yourself to others...with hard work it will become easily..

You will be so proud of yourself when someone tells u you sound bad...
and you realize that you used to be so unbearable that they were just
annoyed. I was so proud of myself when my playing became tolerable.
I bet Charlie Brown's teacher's name was Mrs.Hammett
Quote by newguy332233
i jus got a guitar and wanna know if you need a pedal to play solos or just a good tone with amp effects also what would be good to have when playing like a wah pedal or any other suggestions EDIT: and how long does it take for you to learn a song on average

Woah, slow down!

You need to be realistic here, if you've literally just got the guitar then you're not going to be playing solos for a long while yet. Start with learning chords, it'll get your hands used to the guitar and help you build some finger strength. It's also the quickest way to get yourself playing some songs on the thing. The important thing at the beginning is not to get too far ahead of yourself, if you try to play things that are too difficult you actually gain anything from the process.

You don't need to worry about pedals yet, pedals won't help you play any better and you've got enough to be dealing with for the time being. Just concentrate on getting to grips with the guitar itself. With your amp just experiment with it until you get a sound you like - just be warned that it's unlikely to sound like anything you've heard by your favourite bands
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com