I am looking at buying a new guitar and i am seeing alot of guitars in my price range with licenced floyd roses. then i keep reading reviews on this site saying they are ****, is it worht buying a guitar with a licenced floyd rose and more importantly, should i wait another 4 months or so for one that has an origional.

but trust me

i have a ****ing squire...
First of, this should be in GGA, or electric forum.

Licensed floyds are usually made of inferior materials, which means they don't keep tune as well as they should, and can be a real pain.

Saying this... The licensed floyds aren't all that bad, take for instance the edge pro, which is ibanezes current top floyd, and some argue that it is better than the OFR. But in terms for quality, the OFR is considered one of the best and you wont have any problems.
Gear

'07 Ibanez RG1570MRB Prestige
'97 Ibanez RGR570 - V7/Dimarzio Fast Track/ Dimarzio PAF Pro
Westfield SG Copy
Westfield Strat Copy
Falcon Acoustic
Peavey Valveking 212
Roland Microcube
Unbranded 15W Starter Amp
squires have real weak pickups, but trust me its worth the wait, ive made the mistake of not waiting, just gett the better one, otherise youll regret it when u get better
I love my squire xD
it's moded tho.
I guess you play metal...hmmm...I never had problem with licended floyd roses till they had locked strings.
1. You're surfing the internet.
2. You're browsing through the UG forums.
3. You're reading now.
5. You didn't notice that there was no #4.
6. You just checked it.
7. Now you're having a lil smile.

Quote by hawk_kst
You Sir, have the best signature like ever!
The metal are different on different licenced Floyd.
The designs are also different.
The ones on my Jacksons are not the same as the once on my ibenez.
I don't have any problems with them.
It's a pain to tune them, but once you tune it, it'll stay in tune.

will...I have a Bronze warlock and it's actaully one of my favrite guitar.
The action is sweet on it becuase I adjust the neck and corrected the innotation.
The feel of the neck fits my hand perfectly. it dosn't have the greatest tone
range..but if you're decent guitar player, you should be able to
get good tones of your instrument..regradless of prices.lol
There's a tone knobs on your guitar and amps
and - + db input settings on your amps to compensent for you pickups.
but the ibenez still has the best tone range of all.lmao
It's the wood.

I play the warlock alot...It has freaken dents and scratches all over it...
I don't cry becuase it's only $200.
so what is a better guitar ?
The one that get used a lot.
Last edited by Ordinary at Jun 1, 2008,
The whammy search bar is made of steel.

That's what you call subliminal messaging.
Now it's 1984
Knock knock at your front door
It's the suede denim secret police
They have come for your un-cool niece
My licensed is ****ing poor and goes out of tune even if i just touch the bar down a few mill. I think its luck of the draw really depending on the manufacturer.
Quote by blind.quardian
Is Squier a really hard word to write or are you all morons?

anyway, it depends on the licensed floyd. some licensed floyds are really good (e.g. schaller and gotoh), but a lot are terrible, and you'd be better off without them.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
tighten the **** outta the locks if you have them on the neck to and they will stay in tune, mine does after doin that
don't over-tighten the locking nut.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?