Poll: which is worse?
Poll Options
View poll results: which is worse?
chronic insomnia
12 57%
sleeping pill addiction
9 43%
Voters: 21.
i cant sleep. its 3 am right now, and its rare that i fall asleep before dawn. i can lie down and attempt to fall asleep, but my brain just keeps me up. usually it manages to shut up arount 7 or 8 am, then i have to get up at 11.

i can function on very little sleep, its just annoying being nocturnal when you have to function in a diurnal society. i can sleep fine after i manage to fall asleep, but then i sleep through most of the day. last friday i was up for 30 hours, then i passed out for 23, with a little help from some pills.

ok, counting sheep and crap like that doesnt work. but ive been trying these sleeping pills from rite aid, and they seem to work. diphenhydrammine. the problem is that i need to take two or three times the normal dose for it to have any effect. i just took 4, and the recommended dose is 2. they claim to be non habit forming, but if i need to sleep every night, im probably going to end up taking them all the time. and they have weird effects, like making you feel drunk and making you enter a kind of dream state while you are awake. apparently if you take enough you hallucinate. i havent gone that far yet. theyre only like 10 cents a pill, so the money isnt a problem.

so, wise pit, my question to you, is which is worse: chronic insomnia, or lifelong sleeping pill addiction?
I have no opinion on this matter.
Quote by dio_dude
you have aids. i'm so sorry.

thai hookers. ya get what ya pay for.
my brother tried some herbal sleeping pills once they seemed to work for him , why dont you see about getting some?
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Antisocial Behaviour Order. A chav's equivalent of GCSEs.
Did you seriously expect a legitimate response?
I Play:
An Epiphone G-400
Through A Marshall MG50DFX
With A Planet Wave Lead
And A Dunlop .38 Pick
i have a friend with sleeping problems, said he took a bunch of pills once and his guitar started changing shapes, then he went to his lounge room and he saw a bunch of people he didnt know sitting on his lounges.

his mum told him that there was no-one at the house at the time.
pretty ****ed up.
"Rape is no laughing matter... Unless your raping a clown" t-shirt hell
Quote by rancidryan
my brother tried some herbal sleeping pills once they seemed to work for him , why dont you see about getting some?

yea, i was thinking about going to the doctor to see if he could prescribe me some pot. i do live in california, after all.
Quote by josh69
i have a friend with sleeping problems, said he took a bunch of pills once and his guitar started changing shapes, then he went to his lounge room and he saw a bunch of people he didnt know sitting on his lounges.

his mum told him that there was no-one at the house at the time.
pretty ****ed up.
yea, they do have some strange effects. right now when i walk around i feel like im slightly drunk.
Chronic insomnia is worse. You can't function without sleep, but if you're taking sleeping pills to go to sleep, you'll function. However, if you don't have these sleeping pills, you're screwed.
See a doctor.

Not the pit.

DON'T MAKE ME DESTROY YOU!

TURN OFF YOUR MIND RELAX AND FLOAT DOWNSTREAM

Quote by Scumbag1792
My God, this must be the smartest/greatest guy ever.
Don't take loads at once, I know it's bad to say but Heath Ledger.
But I guess it'd be kinda cool to get drunk off 70c of pills haha.
sincewhen??

Quote by Mannypedraza
Today, me and my gf went to the movies. During, i put my hand down her shorts.
I keep smelling my hand as of now....anything wrong with me?
teh pronz
Are you active during the day?

Between leaving college and getting a job, I didn't have much to do, so when I went to bed I'd end up just lying there for hours because I wasn't tired enough to sleep.
Quote by Denthúl
Are you active during the day?

Between leaving college and getting a job, I didn't have much to do, so when I went to bed I'd end up just lying there for hours because I wasn't tired enough to sleep.
yea, im in college, so i have classes and studying and stuff. it might be that, but even if im physically tired, it can still be hard for me to fall asleep. its weird.
Quote by Craigo
That'll be the tiredness; you'd be surprised.
no, its not. trust me.
Quote by Zugunruhe
no, its not. trust me.

I swear that your tiredness must of contributed to it in some way. I've three days without sleep before, I know the strange sensations which tiredness can bring.
Dude, you can have both! Just ask Jimi Hendrix!
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
Watch Taggart, guaranteed you'll be out like a light before you find out who killed whoever.
If you're healthy you normally spend about a quarter of your time asleep in REM sleep. When you take sleeping pills, REM sleep can be cut down to ten percent. Supposedly it returns to normal over a period of time, but you should still watch for that becasue after a while the pills may not work.

Diphenhydramine acts on histamine receptors in the brain to cause drowsiness. And when it does you are supposed to get about 4 to 6 hours of sleep out of it, though I know it can last longer. There are a few side effectsaytime sleepiness, confusion, (and when you're older difficultly taking a piss), but it is low risk.

All sleep ing pills and medecines are potentially addicting, but usually it is found to be a psychological addiction and not a physical one.

I'd talk with your doctor again and ask about the possiblities one last time beofre you make a decision.
There is always cognitive therapy; I've seen it work before.

Good luck.

I reign supreme in my own damn mind.