Page 1 of 2
Only just watched this movie and i gotta say... its the best ive ever seen. Not cos of the violence or anything but cos the plot is just unbelievably awesome. i also reckon that some of the views on life in the movie are pretty interesting. anyone else like it because of its cleverness?
Refer to sig.
One of my favourite movies ever. Book is better.

The truth hurts, but denial is what kills you.

Member #2 of the Fight Club Clan.
PM AndrewSchaeffer to join.
Yeah, it's one of my favourite movies. It's one of those movies I can just pop in the DVD and watch no matter what mood I'm in.
Quote by JohnnyGenzale
Yeah it's good. Far from best I've ever seen though...

What is?

The truth hurts, but denial is what kills you.

Member #2 of the Fight Club Clan.
PM AndrewSchaeffer to join.
Yeah, it's one of my favourite films. You should know that almost everyone who has seen it loves it though, so you're just going to get the exact same response from everyone, making this thread a little boring and pointless.
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman
Sigs are wastes of my precious screen space.

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
oi dickhead u just broke the first two rules
Gear
Fender MIA Stratocaster (Sunburst)
Vox AC4TV
MI Audio Crunch Box
Yahama FG730S
This is Bob. Bob has bitch tits.

My name is Bob irl

Quote by les witty
oi dickhead u just broke the first two rules

I just scrolled through the thread to see who mentioned /b/.
Quote by Les_Frederiksen
PlayMadness, you give me hope for mankind.

Quote by Darksucker
PlayMadness - Jesus 2.0

Quote by genghisgandhi
Society's doing great. There's a rise of people like PlayMadness. I feel pretty good about the way things are going.
Fight Club is ****ing immense. Seriously, brilliant plot. Brad Pitt and Edward Norton bring that film to life.
Quote by FrenchyFungus
I am not a woman as I currently claim

Quote by Rabid
I am actually a woman, unlike Frenchy
great plot+great message&lots of wisdom+cool actors+violence+nice soundtrack+violence=best movie ever
Listen up, maggots. You are not special. You are not a beautiful or unique snowflake. You're the same decaying organic matter as everything else.
Ibanez rg350 DX
My precious, my lovely.
Quote by break-me-in
Yeah, it's one of my favourite films. You should know that almost everyone who has seen it loves it though, so you're just going to get the exact same response from everyone, making this thread a little boring and pointless.

well i am bored. lol. And i just wanted to see if everyone else only liked it because of its violent side. Personally i really just got into its nihilistic views and such.
i actually prefered requiem of a dream
but ive watched this so many times its not funny
Ibanez rg350 DX
My precious, my lovely.
It was okay, saw the whole thing coming a mile off, though.
Terms and Conditions apply.
Quote by evil_armada
well i am bored. lol. And i just wanted to see if everyone else only liked it because of its violent side. Personally i really just got into its nihilistic views and such.

No, to my knowledge most people enjoy the storyline equally. Personally, I found a lot of the visuals slightly grotesque (although I'm quite desenstised really), but understood that it was an element of the story, and added to the depressing apathy of the environment they presented.
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman
Sigs are wastes of my precious screen space.

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
"see the sign outside? it say's <Lou's>... well i'm Lou...
who the fu*ck are you?"
Every form of control over another person is a crime

AEK Athens
Asteras Exarcheion
Prasini Thyella
Rayo Vallecano

RED MILITIA-Vamos a Vencer
Quote by cagnius

yeah but there was no way for it to be a complete surprise. i mean it only became sort of apparent when the whole project mayham thing started to get up and running but you would of never guessed it before that. i realy cant get over how much i liked it haha
love the film, brad pitt strutting around topless err i mean great storyline
Quote by slayaplaya

(oh! maybe some one will sig that witty comment! maybe not...)
Quote by JohnnyGenzale
The best? In my opinion it's Apocalypse Now.

+ 676734686
Brando ****in rules..

AEK Athens
Asteras Exarcheion
Prasini Thyella
Rayo Vallecano

Quote by leaping badger
love the film, brad pitt strutting around topless err i mean great storyline

He's quite sexy. And I recently watched the first three Indiana Jones', and so is Harrison Ford. Like, Alot...

Umm..... I like boobs, I swear.

Gear:
Rickenbacker 620
Vox Valvetronix AD60VTX
Snarling Dog Whino Wah
Not Enough cables
I can't relate to the never ending games you play.
Absolutely loved it. The dry humor. The cleverness of the script. The excellent cast.

Other movies in similar style:
Snatch (also with Brad Pitt)
Pulp Fiction (twisted script)
Memento (this has got to be the most original idea in decades)
Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels (another great Guy Ritchie script)
Quote by JohnnyGenzale
The best? In my opinion it's Apocalypse Now.

Really? I thought that film was sub par. It gets touted around as the greatest and I thought it was bad, bordering on terrible. I know it's all opinions, just funny how what you think is best, is one of the ones at the bottom of my list.

On topic, Fight Club is an awesome film, but trying to explain it to people is hard though.
No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
Last edited by jambi_mantra at Jun 1, 2008,
Quote by jambi_mantra
Really? I thought that film was sub par. It gets touted around as the greatest and I thought it was bad, bordering on terrible. I know it's all opinions, just funny how what you think is best, is one of the ones at the bottom of the list.

On topic, Fight Club is an awesome film, but trying to explain it to people is hard though.

your oppinion on Apocalypse now is largely condemned and you are fapped to death...

AEK Athens
Asteras Exarcheion
Prasini Thyella
Rayo Vallecano

Quote by Withakay
Absolutely loved it. The dry humor. The cleverness of the script. The excellent cast.

Other movies in similar style:
Snatch (also with Brad Pitt)
Pulp Fiction (twisted script)
Memento (this has got to be the most original idea in decades)
Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels (another great Guy Ritchie script)

I would probably add The Machinist to that list too.

Also, Christian Bale > Brad Pitt.
Quote by Hendrix=God
I would probably add The Machinist to that list too.
Thanks. I haven't seen it but I'll definitely check it out.
Fight Club is an awesome film to watch if you want to think, but Memento beats it in that catagory, as for favourite film, probably something by Kevin Smith or Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas.
"If you don't show it, I cannot grope it."

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.."
Apprentley when they were writing fight club they didn't actually decide the big plot twist (spolier safe) till about half way through writing it.
If you liked this go watch Memento as Withakay said, also one of my favourite films.
YellowGreenBlueRed

Quote by webbtje
You live in a ruler, the only child of trouser water (?); it's very fantastic, and salami!
I'm not sure if this is common knowledge or not but I didn't see it mentioned, you know the blonde guy who gets the **** kicked out of him by the main guy? (not Tyler, but I've forgotten his name)

That = Jared Leto from 30 Seconds To Mars.
Quote by CrazyDavey
I'm not sure if this is common knowledge or not but I didn't see it mentioned, you know the blonde guy who gets the **** kicked out of him by the main guy? (not Tyler, but I've forgotten his name)

Lol, I know, I only found out about a month ago in Film Studies my reaction was...
"If you don't show it, I cannot grope it."

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.."
In the book, how does it end? The version I read ends with the main character in a mental institution where he still seems to be in Tyler's plan. However, one of my friends claims the one he read ends with him dying with Tyler.
I get very tense around apples...Well, I get very tense generally. I think I've fallen into the trap of blaming fruit.

Jeff

Peavey Studio Pro 112 for sale. Anyone want it?
fight club= +1
Quote by GmacD
Chicken and waffles motha F*cka

Quote by Joey Radical
Just be a man and **** your mom.
I literally just finished watching it for the first time.

Quote by cagnius

And I agree with this. It's a brilliant film, and after all the hype I heard I had high expectations. Luckily it lived up to them. But you can sort of see it coming.

RMF

I was much further out than you thought
And not waving but drowning.
I was much too far out all my life
And not waving but drowning.
Quote by CrazyDavey

You never find out the main character's name, but I assume you mean the actor Edward Norton?

also, brilliant film, fantastic book.
Page 1 of 2