i have bought a cort evl-k4 and i now understood that this **** part called floyd rose is more trouble to me than its worth. i never use it and i doubt i will use it from now on. nearest alternative hard tail guitar is ibanez rg321 i think should i trade my guitar with it? i can find a z4 maybe but when i can i want to get something different. so what do you say? should i go for it? is that ibanez better than my cort i really need to know this... i play metal and have a roland micro cube i like my guitar but starting to hate this floyd rose...
it IS important. btw there are two rg321 i saw. one is rg321-mh and one is rg321ex and i will try to find a rg321ex cos its better what you say?
the rg321mh has mahogany body with passive IBZ INF pickups and bolt on neck.
the rgr321ex has basswood body and EMG designed humbuckers.
exactly. rg321ex is more expensive and seems better. i want to play metal so which one is good?
and also arent they making the rg321ex one cos there is no @ ibanez website
well it depends. i have only the RG321MH. it can do metal and other styles. i've tried the rgr321ex at the store and i didn't like the EMG designed pickups. why not go for a guitar with active EMGs?
havent got much money and my amp is a roland cube...i have a cort and i just want to trade something with it head-to-head. the only difference is the wood and the pickups which is in fact a big difference... i might change the bridge of the ibanez. what can i put instead of stock ones? how much would it cost.?
Last edited by blind.quardian at Jun 1, 2008,
it depends on the tone your after, but an amp is a better improvement than a pickup. normally, they sell for about 100$. but you can get marked down prices at MF or other online stores.
oh, and IMO, mahogany is better than basswood. you can change the pickups and everything, but not the wood of your guitar.
Quote by blind.quardian
i have bought a cort evl-k4 and i now understood that this **** part called floyd rose is more trouble to me than its worth. i never use it and i doubt i will use it from now on. i play metal and have a roland micro cube i like my guitar but starting to hate this floyd rose...

You don't need a new guitar if the Floyd is the only thing you dislike about your Cort.

They make several devices that will lock the floyd in place and keep it from moving at all, essentially making it a fixed bridge.

Some I've seen are very simple to install also and very inexpensive.

Do a search for blocked tremolo or blocked floyd and you'll be on the right track.
ok i will look into that but changing the guitar seemed like a good alternative. it makes variety anyway i will search that too...
Quote by blind.quardian
changing the guitar seemed like a good alternative. it makes variety

Why get a new guitar when you like the one you have?

It's just the mind telling you something new is gonna be better, but it's not always the case.

Look here for another alternative,

http://www.fretnotguitarrepair.com/blocktremolo.htm