i like classic rock and i am thinkin of buying this, i want to play with distortion and clean.
i read a review on this amp which sounds good but i dont think it allows for chunky riffs or lots of distortion.
However i really need a new amp and my choices have boiled down to two, either buy the laney vc30 now or wait for the peavey windsor combo to be shipped to the uk.
Do you think the laney would suit me and is it a good amp or should i wait for the peavey amp which is also a 100 pounds cheaper and 10lbs lighter in weight if this matters.
BTW i know the laney amp is 21kg, is this suitable to play in my bedroom or is it massive, iam new to all this.
thanks
If you're in the UK, get the Laney VC30. You wont get ANY cleans out of the Windsor, yet you could use an OD to boost the amp gain in the Laney. I use an LPB-1 to boost my Laney's drive, mainly for solos. I tried playing rhythm with it, and it sounded fairly chunky.

Also, wrong forum, you want GG&A. There's also a thread for Laney stuff in there too.
Quote by jxljxl
Fais wins at life

The obscenely young leader of the Laney Cult

Member of the EHX Guild
Quote by rhcp_freak
If you're in the UK, get the Laney VC30. You wont get ANY cleans out of the Windsor, yet you could use an OD to boost the amp gain in the Laney. I use an LPB-1 to boost my Laney's drive, mainly for solos. I tried playing rhythm with it, and it sounded fairly chunky.

Also, wrong forum, you want GG&A. There's also a thread for Laney stuff in there too.

this

depending on your guitar it can get verrrry crunchy, marshall styley. not chuggy, but deffo crunchy
Get off this damn forum and play your damn guitar.
That Les Paul looks nice, the P90's should do nicely for Classic Rock.
Quote by jxljxl
Fais wins at life

The obscenely young leader of the Laney Cult

Member of the EHX Guild
GO for it. You should always spend more on your amp than your guitar. But its hard to resist sometimes.

Well done. Good choice.
My Gear

Guitar
DEAN Razorback Shards
Wesley crappy cheap thing

Amps
Cheap Crappy Freedom Practice AMP 15watts
VOX AD50 Valtronix
I bought that guitar off eBay, just put some D'Addarios on today and man it's nice. I don't even play guitar that much but it's hard to put it down.
Quote by skilly1
i like classic rock and i am thinkin of buying this, i want to play with distortion and clean.
i read a review on this amp which sounds good but i dont think it allows for chunky riffs or lots of distortion.
However i really need a new amp and my choices have boiled down to two, either buy the laney vc30 now or wait for the peavey windsor combo to be shipped to the uk.
Do you think the laney would suit me and is it a good amp or should i wait for the peavey amp which is also a 100 pounds cheaper and 10lbs lighter in weight if this matters.
BTW i know the laney amp is 21kg, is this suitable to play in my bedroom or is it massive, iam new to all this.
thanks

i own a laney LC 50 and i personally prefer the od on mine than on the VC30. anyways the VC30 has a nice tone for a more classic rock sound while the LC50 is more aggressive. the amp has 30 watts of all tube power so it's loud enough to play gigs with power to spear. the windsor is a bad amp imo i was expecting much more quality.regarding if it's loud to play in ur room the answer is....yes. i usually keep mine at 1 on the volume knob and it's already loud. when i practice with my band i never keep it above 3.5 and in gigs the loudest i've pushed it was a 7 plus i had mics in front of it cus it was a large gig, if not i usually keep it around 4. a friend of mine owns a VC30 and usually plays gigs at 5 but at times even less cus it's too much.
i just ordered the LP and the VC30,
Question
i am guessing i can play the amp in my room with a low volume for practicing or will the lowest volume be very loud?
should be fine between 1 and 3ish
My Gear

Guitar
DEAN Razorback Shards
Wesley crappy cheap thing

Amps
Cheap Crappy Freedom Practice AMP 15watts
VOX AD50 Valtronix