Notefication
notice:[/B] some of this info may be similar to another thread seen lst night. This is due to posting the thread multiple times and having to delete this. This new thyread is for people who didn't see the similar one yesterday.

At this current time I use my uncle's squier fender, and when he's around, sometimes we get his Gibson SG out. Every year I get another $3,000. This year I will use That money to buy myself a guitar. I'm thinking about a Gibson SG. Does any one hav a different suggestion.
Amp, playing style?
'89 MIJ Fender Strat
Rivera S-120
'60s PEPCO Model 211 5w head
'60s Paul (Pepco) 1x12 tube amp
'60s Harmony H303a 1x10 tube amp
i remember your thread. you put it in the acoustic forum.

what's your playing style and what's your current amp/gear?
that's a lot of money. Personally i have a Jackson SL2H Soloist and it is my favorite that i have ever played. i got it on Ebay barely used and almost new for $950 cheaper than the original cost, but i would be careful doing that kind of stuff. it has amazing action and feel, but remember the downsides to floyd roses. they are a pain to tune, but once that is done, it last a long time. it all just depends on your playing style though. i would not recommend this for a rythym player. it is more of a lead guitar. idk, you might even be able to go custom with that money...mmm maybe not but i don't know. the mustaine deans are pretty sweet to but i haven't tried them out yet.
My current amp is a crate, and now i'm thinkin about an sg- 3 (1500 dollars) so wat do u think if i like playing AC/DC songs
Thats a very impressive budget. Leaves a lot of options.

Seeing as how you play AC/DC style rock, I'd have to recommend an SG standard. That'll leave about 1500 left for a very nice amp to replace your Crate.
and as for me gettin a SG, just so everone knows, that's what Angus Young is AC/DC uses and i play MOSTLY AC/DC style.
SG Standard my friend. or the 61 Reissue. thet're both good guitars. either one of those + a marshall stack = AC/DC.
Quote by The Boss SG
my uncle's amp is a crate mx12or, is that good for an sg guitar or to play AC/DC

I used to have that amp. Granted, it's not a bad amp, but since you have the funds I'd have to recommend an upgrade. You can score an H&K Switchblade combo for ~1500 new or off of eBay for ~1000.
Quote by leviticus_22953

Bah, just a Standard with a signature and a different bridge and bridge p-up. Not really worth the extra $500 considering you can get an Angus Young p-up for $144. They should've made a sig guitar out of his black one with the lightning bolt inlays
Quote by mogar
I used to have that amp. Granted, it's not a bad amp, but since you have the funds I'd have to recommend an upgrade. You can score an H&K Switchblade combo for ~1500 new or off of eBay for ~1000.

+1 for someone smart here lol. yeah hughes and kettner switchblade is an all around the best versatility amp out there. not to mention the tones are superb.

btw as for ebaying you can find one for around 850. a 1x12 combo of course.
Quote by kckyle
+1 for someone smart here lol. yeah hughes and kettner switchblade is an all around the best versatility amp out there. not to mention the tones are superb.

btw as for ebaying you can find one for around 850. a 1x12 combo of course.

lol, thanks . The ~$1000 is just a ballpark considering the shipping fees involved.
Quote by mogar
lol, thanks . The ~$1000 is just a ballpark considering the shipping fees involved.

definitely consider these amps are HEAVY. so the shipping+insurance= at least around 50-70 bucks
For $3000, you could buy yourself a nice guitar, and a great amp as well.
If I were you, i would spend 2000 on an amp and 1000 on a niec guitar
Obviously, if you already have a great amp then go ahead and get a guitar.
But, if you have $3000 to spend, I suggest looking into PRS, or getting a custom
done by carvin, instead of getting an SG.
Gear:
Fender CP Jazzmaster
Schecter PT Custom w/ Dimarzio crunch lab/liquifire
Marshall JCM2000 DSL+Orange 4x12
Orange Tiny Terror+Mesa Electra Dyne 2x12
Boss TU-2/NS-2/DD-6
Maxon OD808

MY BAND!
Gibsons are so OVERATED and OVERPRICED. You can get something just as nice for much less. I understand you love AC/DC. But dont buy an SG based on that. Buy an ESP, a Marshall Half stack, and play some METAL.
Guitars:
ESP KH602 (Skull and Cross Bone inlays, Floyd, EMG 81's)
Hamer Slammer W/ Floyd Rose Trem.
Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plus Top

Pedals:
Dunlop Original Cry Baby Wah
BOSS ML-2
MXR EVH Phase 90

Amps:
Marshall MG 250 DFX
Quote by mnoel2008
Gibsons are so OVERATED and OVERPRICED. You can get something just as nice for much less. I understand you love AC/DC. But dont buy an SG based on that. Buy an ESP, a Marshall Half stack, and play some METAL.

I don't want to sound mean, but that's a narrow-minded response. The TS said that he sometimes gets to play his uncle's SG, so that means he likes how they feel/play enough to get one of his own. The AC/DC statement was just him saying the style of music he plays.
Quote by leviticus_22953
try the SG Standard. and since you'll have excess $1500, i suggest getting a tube amp. or maybe the SG 61 reissue

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Gibson-SG-61-Reissue-Electric-Guitar?sku=518935

sg standard is not 1500 bucks. you could buy a new one for like 1300 in a store. 1000 for a floor model. less for used... damn what's wrong with used?
i'd personally buy a les paul standard if i were you. but the number 1 question is what music do you play. this is impossible if you dont say anything.
Jackson RR5 ivory w/ EMG 81/85
Jackson DX6 w/ SD Distortion & Dimarzio Super Distortion
Fender Starcaster Sunburst
Mesa/Boogie DC-3
Johnson JT50 Mirage
Ibanez TS-9
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Boss CE-5

ISP Decimator
Boss DD-6
Korg Pitchblack
Dude, He does not like ****ing metal didnt you hear he loves ****IN ANGUS!
Quote by Bamitchell
So you have possible wang cancer and your on drugs? PWNT.

"Money Can't Buy Life" - Bob Marley
I think i'll get the angus signature sg for $2,309. Does anyone hav anything better befor i do?!
Quote by The Boss SG
I think i'll get the angus signature sg for $2,309. Does anyone hav anything better befor i do?!

Waste of money.

http://www.zzounds.com/item--GIBSG61

Much better choice.

or

http://www.zzounds.com/item--GIBSGSTD
How long have you been playing (hopefully I didn't miss a post where you said that already)?
Yeah seems a bit extreme to spend 3000$ if this is your first guitar.
Quote by Brunnis Jetrel, Eve-Search Forums
oh the good old days of launching strawberries at point blank range into people's faces with a ballista... brings back mammaries

Quote by SkyValley
Kick your OWN ass before he has a chance to get to it.

Clicky --->