Yes, another one. I know how much we all hate these, but so. Basically, I'm getting a new guitar and I have a Maximum of a grand to spend (£500 to you Fellow Europeans/UKers) and I seriously need a new guitar. I play anything, mainly Progressive/Post-Hardcore/Math Rock. Think Fall Of Troy and Mars Volta transfused. Very rich, energetic, raw alternative rock.

Set my eyes on two fenders. I've got the F Bug. Either a 72 Telecaster (Deluxe, Thinline or Custom). Or a Fender Jaguar. It MUST have a maple board, I think any rosewood board Fender is no Fender.

For the record, before anyone decides to say it, I friggin' hate Schechter.Shapes and sound piss me off. But I'm open to all other suggestions. I'll be playing it through a Cube 30 for 4 months until I get an Orange Tiny Terror and a Vox V12BN 2x12 cab. My main effect, I use for about 60-70% of my stuff is a Big Muff.

May consider a Gibson SG Special Faded or an Epiphone G400. (Either the normal G400, G400 Custom or G400 Custom with maestro tremolo)
Gear
Fender Jaguar > effects (x9) > Orange AD5

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE EUNEIROPHRENIAC σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣
Last edited by MoonageDaydream at Jun 3, 2008,
ESP's?

i played an ESP/LTD EC500 the other day, and it was w/o a doubt the ebst guitar i think ive ever played.

24 frets, the neck was really comfortable and the cutaway wasnt all that much fo a hindrance, contrary to popular belief
Quote by wannabe jesus
If we did tune using the 5th fret on the G string it'd be a C. At the moment it goes G B which stands for George Bush. So obviously GB doesn't want you to C the truth! To the conspiracy cave!
Esp LTD EC-1000 is under a 1000$ and it rocks... u just cant go wrong with esp in my opinion
My Gear!

Guitar:
ESP: LTD EC-1000 (Vintage Black)

Amp:
Roland Cube 30X
Behringer 10 watt amp
Quote by nizorox
Esp LTD EC-1000 is under a 1000$ and it rocks... u just cant go wrong with esp in my opinion

i prefer the 500 to the 1000

the only difference is no locking tuners on the 500, and the 500 doesnt hve abalone binding. otherwise the same guitar

and i gotta say the regular binding looks SO much better.
but at least we can agree, you cant fo wrong with ESP
Quote by wannabe jesus
If we did tune using the 5th fret on the G string it'd be a C. At the moment it goes G B which stands for George Bush. So obviously GB doesn't want you to C the truth! To the conspiracy cave!
Ibanez JEM 5, its a great guitar

AND

Mathcore rulesss
Quote by boreamor
Ah very good point. Charlie__flynn, you've out smarted me

People
should
smile
more

crit4crit on 'acoustic 1 (with piano)' here

Rate my playing skills please.
you got a wide variety, get a stratocaster. theres millions on GAK.com and £500 gives u a wide variety.the tiny terror is awesome, ive heard it.
Quote by nizorox

QFT. I got an ESP EC-1000 VHB with Duncan pickups. Beautiful guitar. Amazing sound and feel.

If you hate the abalone inlays and binding as much as I do, get the Vintage Honey Burst. It's discontinued, but I found them in stock at Geartree.com.
Mmmm, coffee

Quote by the_poison125
Fear your ass...

Quote by hazzmatazz
Quote by Våd Hamster
Sharing is caring. *holds out hands*
*inserts penis?*
EX400 Is a awesome guitar, EMG 81 and 60, Mahogony.. beautiful Guitar.

However, The EX400 is being discontinued soon, so if you want one, better get rushing.
ΙΓΘΝζΑ
か゚つてへこ
No more metalcore, editted first post.

Gonna' buy either a Fender Jaguar (Sunburst and stick on maple fretboard reverse CBS neck off Warmoth) or a 72 Tele. But which one?

The perfect example is this band - http://www.myspace.com/sixstarhotel
Gear

╠═══════╬═══════╣

╠═══════╬═══════╣
Last edited by MoonageDaydream at Jun 1, 2008,
Bump.
Gear

╠═══════╬═══════╣

╠═══════╬═══════╣
www.Carvin.com

Customize your own guitar. You can make some of the body types for that price.
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
Telecaster for that sound.. most definantly.. those Bright Cleans are a given with a Tele.. Get yourself that 72' Tele
Vox Valvetronix AD15VT
Line 6 Spider III 15W
Peavey Generation EXP Single Coils
1997 Epiphone SG Junior
2007 Ibanez RG120
right, anyone wanna' pop on the thread and bandwagon for either?
Gear

╠═══════╬═══════╣

╠═══════╬═══════╣
I have an ESP MH-1000, not really your type of guitar, but tought id join in on how AMAZING esps are
Staff Sergeant of The Megadeth Military
PM BlackicN to join

Archbishop of Zeppelinism
PM heartbreaker

Gear
Guitars
ESP LTD MH1000
Fender 50th Anniversary Strat
81 Gibson SG
Parker PM20
Amps
Fender Hotrod Deluxe
Roland Cube 60x
Anyone know if the jag suits? Or is there a better guitar?

The possibilities are...

Fender CIJ Jaguar
Fender 72 Telecaster Custom
Fender 72 Thinline Telecaster Deluxe
Epiphone G400 (Or G400 Custom, with or without maestro tremolo)
Epiphone Les Paul (Any model)
Gibson SG Special Faded
Warmoth Doublecut Les Paul
PRS SE Custom
Gear

╠═══════╬═══════╣

╠═══════╬═══════╣
Last edited by MoonageDaydream at Jun 3, 2008,
get an american standard tele. They're $1000 and effing SWEET. seriously. I mean if you like another one, go with it, but at least try an American Standard with a maple fretboard.

I have one, and it's really quick and sounds amazing (i switched to samarium noiseless pickups but it was amazing beforehand).
_______
|||||||||||||||
i see u want a maple fretboard and jags only had maple boards in the 70s, otherwise you could get one and just replace it with maple later, i have been looking at the same guitars also... tough decisions
When did I say I wanted a metal guitar?

Basically, It's between a Jaguar, A JS100, a 72 Tele, a PRS SE or an Epi SG
Gear

╠═══════╬═══════╣

╠═══════╬═══════╣
I know the Minarik Inferno is a little whacky, but it actually sounds spectacular. It has such a full resonance and frequency response.
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
carvin bolt guitar, it's their strat line and they are below $1000. the site says $629.00. i guarantee it's orgasmic

youtube video of one in action http://youtube.com/watch?v=CCRd_oW9hXU
Quote by yorkshireterror
Dunlop's got the right idea
Oh yeah, only took me a few months
Founder of the "I Support Robert Keeley Mods," if you like them too, put this in your sig!

i <3 breakdowns
Quote by MoonageDaydream
When did I say I wanted a metal guitar?

Basically, It's between a Jaguar, A JS100, a 72 Tele, a PRS SE or an Epi SG

When you said "Progressive/Post-Hardcore/Math Rock."

But anyway out of the choices you list, I'd get the PRS.
Since when does Progressive, Math Rock or Post Hardcore count as metal?
Gear

╠═══════╬═══════╣

╠═══════╬═══════╣
Quote by MoonageDaydream
Anyone know if the jag suits? Or is there a better guitar?

The possibilities are...

Fender CIJ Jaguar
Fender 72 Telecaster Custom
Fender 72 Thinline Telecaster Deluxe
Epiphone G400 (Or G400 Custom, with or without maestro tremolo)
Epiphone Les Paul (Any model)
Gibson SG Special Faded
Warmoth Doublecut Les Paul
PRS SE Custom

I actually think a jaguar would suit your style better, specially if you get an HH one.
someone correct me if im wrong, but i believe Omar Rodrigez-Lopez played/plays a jaguar.
Fender Standard American Stratocaster
Boss DS-1
Budda Budwah
Electroharmonix Small Clone
Vox AD50VT
He uses a Squier Super Sonic, a "Reverse" jaguar. Basically, it's made to right hand body shape, then flipped and all the hardware is put on etc. Not made anymore, go for about £400+ on eBay etc.

No, I'd never put the bucker's on a Jag. Would it be a better choice if I found a brilliant deal on a Gibson Sg Standard? I'd have to ship IN form US, but shipping wouldn't be more than 150 bucks. Maybe £550-570?

I'd need some more cash like, but If It's a choice between Japanese Jaguar or a US SG Standard, I'd get the SG. Anyone wanna' defer me?
Gear

╠═══════╬═══════╣

╠═══════╬═══════╣
Telecaster Thinline Deluxe...those things are friggin beautiful. Beautiful look, more beautiful tone!!
Stevie Y of the GO WINGS club. PM me with a title to join.

The following statement is false. The preceding statement is true.

Member #20 of the "Use Your Fucking Dictionary Club." PM Dæmönika to join.
How heavy can they get though?
Gear

╠═══════╬═══════╣

╠═══════╬═══════╣
Quote by MoonageDaydream
How heavy can they get though?

Never tried to play one heavy, so I can't really gauge that. If you've got the right amp, they can probably get decently heavy. How heavy are you wanting to go?
Stevie Y of the GO WINGS club. PM me with a title to join.

The following statement is false. The preceding statement is true.

Member #20 of the "Use Your Fucking Dictionary Club." PM Dæmönika to join.
Quote by MoonageDaydream
Since when does Progressive, Math Rock or Post Hardcore count as metal?

Nevermore - Progressive

Symphony X - Math Rock

The Mars Volta - Post Hardcore
http://media.www.thewhitonline.com/media/storage/paper291/news/2008/02/07/Entertainment/The-Mars.Volta.Brings.ProgMetal.Back.With.New.Release-3196038.shtml

Starting to see a pattern yet? But beyond the genre hairspliting, it's apparent that you like technical music and metal guitars were designed for technical music.
As heavy as TMV

I still like the sound of the Sg Standard. or is a G400 easier and better option if I upgrade pups etc (Probably to SD 59 and JB)
Gear

╠═══════╬═══════╣

╠═══════╬═══════╣
Washburn WI200 Pro - £200 - Duncan '59/Custom Custom (which is far better than the JB in my opinion) - Buzz Feiten Tuning System - VCC Coil split - Grover Tuners - Way better than the G400.

Washburn X50 Pro - £300 - Basically the same, but sexier. Still uber cheap.

Both of these are amazing deals.
Quote by utsapp89