I'm thinking of buying this guitar. From what I can see there's very little different between this and the one higher up level S470. They both have mahogany body, wizard II neck, ZR bridge, pickup and shape.
The extra single coil on the S470 will just be like a scratch to my eyes anyway (i'm a H-H nerd). And of course there neck inlay on the S470. Can these the only reason for the 100 USD price gap between them?

I love the weathered black (from my last RG321) but it would be a real shame if there is any different in build quality between these S guitars.

Edit: (removed this line because both have 22 frets)
G͔͓̅e͎͉̟̽ͬ͐̎̃͐ͨͅå͈͖͕̹̤̟̐̏͋ͅr̩͕̫̰̗s̹̳̼ͥ̒̍̄̅ͥ̚:

ESP Standard Eclipse I CTM VW
ESP LTD Deluxe H-1001
ESP LTD Deluxe Viper-1000 STBC
ESP Edwards E-EX-100STD
Warmoth Paulcaster "Tiger"
Tanglewood TW170 AS
Vox Tonelab ST
Blackstar HT-1R

Last edited by hminh87 at Jun 1, 2008,
i have the s7320 (which is similar) and its wonderful - although i warn you the hums are no as crisp as they might be. as for the frets - depends on what u play - if your a classic rocker you dont need the 24 but if you like dragonforce, then the lack of the 23 and 24 might choke you a bit
Quote by JoelTheShredder
does the s470 have 24 frets ?

I think my S470DXQM only has 22 frets?

Let me go check

Edit: yep, 22.

I wouldn't swap this for anything though, the quilted maple blue moonburst finish is simply stunning, and with the matching headstock and reflective silver 'Ibanez' too.

I wanted to buy the perfect guitar (for me). I went through loads and loads looking for it, when i found this i knew it was the one, so i didn't mind spending the extra bit of cash. Although i didn't consider the S320, i had to choose bewtween S470 or S470 dxqm. i was totally skint for the rest of the month since i paid for it right after pay day, but it was worth it
Last edited by rich420 at Jun 1, 2008,
Oj...Both have 22 frets >.< I kicked my own ass.

I already have a pair of Seymour Duncan JB/Jazz to replace the INF1/2 anyway.

The main thing I don't know between them is the build quality... My last RG321 was very well built and was at lower price class, but still...

ESP LTD Deluxe H-1001
ESP Edwards E-EX-100STD
Tanglewood TW170 AS
Vox Tonelab ST
Blackstar HT-1R

all S series guitars have only 22 frets... no 24 frets, unless its an SV prestige which is a new input to the Ibanez family... On the other hand I can't help you out because am kinda in the same shoes, am torn between the S520ex and the S60exQM... they are both exact same models but with minor changes (pickups are different, but according to many people here in UG they suck, even though they are emg design) the only major difference is the QM finish on the S620 which in my opinion is amazing. but am stuck making a hard decision... should i pay $200 more just for the finish !!!!!!! i figure that’s insane u know, that’s y am going for the S520EX and the extra money for some Seymour Duncan pups
i hope i could help u
Yeah, man. If it was for eyes-candy I would go for the S620. But with that price I would rather go for a Schecter C-1 Plus instead xD

ESP LTD Deluxe H-1001
ESP Edwards E-EX-100STD
Tanglewood TW170 AS
Vox Tonelab ST
Blackstar HT-1R

ive read that they use the better quality mahogany on higher S models

lowest model = lowest quality
Inspired by Ibanez RGA321F Prestige, Gibson Les Paul Standard