So right now I have a Fender MIM Strat (it is actually very good) and a Marshall MG10 (not sure wat its called, but it is the 10 watt.) and I am looking for all around upgrades. My style is blues, classic rock, whatever Guns N' Roses style is....think they call it heavy metal for them, but I know almost every song by them.

So I am Looking for a:

Guitar:
Amp:
Distortion Pedal:
Quote by metaldud536
Get an awesome valve amp.

+1

Vox Valvetronix are very good.

Can I have your Strat?
Quote by buckethead_jr
^And known for that bloody awesome croissant with a crown.
Man that's badass.

MINE SIG R PINK
Fender '59 Bassman,
Dimarzio preiwred Area pickguard for your Strat,
Boss BD-2 to push the amp further.

That's what I would do.
Quote by Altered_Carbon
That's some bony hipster sex, which may be the best kind.
Buy a guitar you like (I prefer IBanez Sz series)
Buy a good all-tube halfstack (I prefer Laney, i have a Lany Klipp)
For a good amp you dont need a distrosion pedal.. maybe an EQ pedal (boss GE-7) or a booster.
Quote by flipthatchicken
peavey valveking.

i think he might be looking for british voicing not american.
Quote by Here_is_no_why
Fender '59 Bassman,
Dimarzio preiwred Area pickguard for your Strat,
Boss BD-2 to push the amp further.

That's what I would do.

bassman is a good amp but i wouldnt suggest it for GnR

and you do not need a halfstack as others may say. a tube combo is more than enough most of the time, unless you're playing in a stadium without a PA system. i suggest looking into some stuff from Ceriatone, they make faithful recreations of marshall amps, you may find one with a GnR tone

Edit: i wouldnt nesicarrily buy a distortion pedal, id get a decent overdrive pedal, better for blues and classic rock.
Last edited by maiden_mexico at Jun 1, 2008,
Thanks guys keep em comin'...im goin to get somethinn to eat so ill check back in a couple hours
Quote by -February-Star-
+1

Vox Valvetronix are very good.

Can I have your Strat?

Indeed they are, but they are not valve amps.

TS, how big/loud does the amp have to be? Keep in mind that you won't need the pedal in case you get an amp with a good overdrive sound.

I'd advise you to keep your strat and buy a marshall JCM 2000 or something similar for the sound you want.

EDIT: If your strat has only single coils, consider putting a single spaced humbucker in the bridge position for a beefier rock sound.
Well I think I am looking for a new guitar more than anything else....I have had my Strat for 3 years and am lookin to upgrade that.
Peavey Valveking amps are excellent.

If you want a really nice guitar, look at some Paul Reed Smith ones. they're gorrrrrrrrgeous. in the meantime i think a good Ibanez Prestige series might fit you.

for a pedal, Danelectro Fab Tone. kicks arse.
Songs!
Something's Changed
Frost

BC Rich Mockingbird Evil Edge
Dean Palomino Vintage Sunburst
Indiana Scout Acoustic in Sparkly Blue
Kustom Arrow 16DFX, soon to be a Vox Valvetronix 50
Dimebag Custom Crybaby
Fab Tone
I think I can help you, I have a Marshall JCM2000 TSL head.
Works well for blues/classic rock and should do a decent slash tone with the right guitar.
It's 100 watts, but can be cut down to 25 with the push of a button.
Quote by Briddell
Well I think I am looking for a new guitar more than anything else....I have had my Strat for 3 years and am lookin to upgrade that.

I'd really advise you to not blow out all that money for both the amp and the guitar. I'd rather choose to buy a very good amp and keep the guitar or buy an excellent guitar and get a small valve amp.

Once again, how loud does it all have to be?
get a book on music classificating instead of saying" guns and roses style"
SUBSCRIBE!

Gibson SG faded, black hardware/ EMG81-89
peavey 6505+
GMajor Effects Processor
BBE 362 sonic maximizer
THD Hotplate
Avatar 2x12 w/ Hellatone 60/ K100
Behringer FB1010
True enough,
Like Kid Fisto said, look into some PRS guitars.
I've heard great things about the PRS SE Custom, and they look amazing!
For an amp you could try a DSL combo(you should be able to find a pretty cheap one)
But if you don't need a lot of power, I would recommend a blackheart little giant. Great 5-watt tube amp with amazing tone and their relatively cheap.
As for pedals, if you must have one, try out the ibanez tubescreamers.
(best stompbox in the world IMHO)
Quote by flipthatchicken
peavey valveking.

Word.

Quote by maiden_mexico
bassman is a good amp but i wouldnt suggest it for GnR

and you do not need a halfstack as others may say. a tube combo is more than enough most of the time, unless you're playing in a stadium without a PA system. i suggest looking into some stuff from Ceriatone, they make faithful recreations of marshall amps, you may find one with a GnR tone

Edit: i wouldnt nesicarrily buy a distortion pedal, id get a decent overdrive pedal, better for blues and classic rock.

If he buys a tube then he'll have some sweet overdrive anyways.
Quote by Briddell
Loud enough to play in a gym

If you mean the average high school gym, then I think you just need a smallish valve combo.
Quote by LPDave
and my mom then told me to masturbate more.

Quote by Toastbot

Big burly men grunting without shirts on pretty much summed up my childhood.

Quote by The Leader
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do more look like?
If you want a new guitar I would personally go for a superstrat like an Ibanez RG/S/SZ or even a Jackson if you can find one you like in your price range, I'm not familiar with them all I know is my friend has an SL1 and I love it so much....anyways then I would also get a tube combo, I'd spend about a grand -$1,200 on the guitar and $600-800 on the amp since that's about all you'll need to spend on a tubo combo that will be loud enough to fill a gymnasium with ease.

If you want a really killer amp that'll do pretty much anything, I really love my Carvin V3. I have the combo with the Celestion Vintage 30 speakers which costs a bit more, around $1,300 so if you got that you could still get a mid range Ibanez which are still really nice.
Marshall JCM 800 is what Slash used on Appetite. Guitar, Slash Signature Epiphone Les Paul. Distortion Pedal, Boss MT-2 (That right? The MetalZone anyway).
look into a used jcm2000 like everyone else said. you have a MG, and therefore you need to upgrade IMMEDIATELY!! if you get a new guitar you won't notice a fraction of tone difference if you get a new amp. new amp before guitar, always!!
10/7/07- Van Halen
3/16/08- Iron Maiden
1/9/09- AC/DC
7/8/09- Judas Priest
11/10/09- Metallica
7/3/10- Iron Maiden
7/24/10- Rush
4/15/11- Rush-

Quote by LordBishek
with a penis as small as mine, I don't have a very humorous take on the world.