i was ondering because i had seen someone say how floyd roses never go out of tune...

seeing as i would not see myself using using a tremolo would a guitar stay in tune better with a hardtail or string through or wateva, cause it seems to me it would...

yh... just wondering rli
It depends on what Floyd your using, an Original always works, but the lisenced ones dont work well.
Quote by Green RATM Day

Electric - you plug it into a power outlet in the wall and the music comes from little speakers in the guitar.

Quote by The Raven
^ Bugger! You win this time Dark Ra - Hey! Thats partially my name dammit! I challenge you... to a gentleman's dual!

All My Equipment
Well the truth is Floyd Roses go out of tuning VERY easily. But it's the neck locks that keep it in tune so well. And most Floyd Rose systems come with locks, so it works out perfectly. Since they have the locks, as long as you don't mess with them, the Floyd will stay tuned longer than a fixed bridge. But if you don't use tremolo's, you could survive with a fixed bridge. If you really want more, get locks for your neck.
fair enuff

cheers

if i ever get a new guitar i'll go for a fixed and maybe buy some locking tuners and a nut lock or wateva
You may have a bit of trouble finding a guitar with a stock neck with locks minus a tremolo. I've never seen one, really. You'd probably have to buy the guitar then replace the stock neck with one with locks.

I'd give a tremolo a try if I were you. Just because you have one, doesn't mean you have to USE it. The whammy bar does come off you know. But I personally love tremolos and wouldn't buy another guitar without one.
Quote by trsc
You may have a bit of trouble finding a guitar with a stock neck with locks minus a tremolo. I've never seen one, really. You'd probably have to buy the guitar then replace the stock neck with one with locks.

I'd give a tremolo a try if I were you. Just because you have one, doesn't mean you have to USE it. The whammy bar does come off you know. But I personally love tremolos and wouldn't buy another guitar without one.

you have to at least have fine tuners if you use a locking nut.

when you tighten the nut the strings go sharp slightly so you have to retune using the fine tuners.

so having a locking nut with a normal hardtail/tune-o-matic would be pointles
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
Quote by Lemoninfluence
you have to at least have fine tuners if you use a locking nut.

when you tighten the nut the strings go sharp slightly so you have to retune using the fine tuners.

so having a locking nut with a normal hardtail/tune-o-matic would be pointles

I tune my floyd without the nuts slightly lower so when I do lock them, they'll be just about right. But then again I've been doing that a long time and know the feel for it. I rarely have to use the fine tuners, but I see your point. It would be a pain in the ass for a fixed bridge.
Quote by trsc
The whammy bar does come off you know. But I personally love tremolos and wouldn't buy another guitar without one.

yes i did realise that funnily enough...

and yeah it would be OK to have one but urely they cost more money and are a biatch to tune?
Quote by wooftang999
but urely they cost more money and are a biatch to tune?

Yeah they cost a little more, but it's worth it to me. It opens up a lot more effects and options to stylize your music. As for tuning, it is a big pain the first few times until you get the motion down.