Page 1 of 2
What would you do differently than other guitar stores?

Personally i'd like to host guitar comps every 12 months or so, giving away prizes and stuff. Or maybe a huge jam session and stay open all night.
Also, if the store was big enough, there could be a recording studio in the back.

Anyway, how would you run your store?
i'd do exactly what guitar center is doing. the corporate execs are making money, and i'm too lazy to come up with my own business plan.
I'd steal everything for myself.
Gear:
Epiphone G-400 Ebony
Line-6 UberMetal, EchoPark
Boss RC-2 Loop Station
Traynor YCV50Blue, Bass Mate 25, Guitar Mate 15
try to sell as many brands as possible, and have at least one of each guitar in the catalogue in the shop, i dunno about in america but in britain they have to order in guitars for you to try sometimes.
"Swim in a lake of death, eaten by crocodiles!"

Gear:
Jackson RR3
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Stagg C 442
Randall RG100G3 plus combo
Roland Cube 30X
TS9 Tubescreamer
man if i had a geetar shop i would get in many different instruments ,instead of one good guitar and and lots of cheaper ones i would have a broader price range and such
if i had it running succesfully iwould try to host big events battle of the bands or atleast get involved
and i would order in copys of every catalogue i could find
the amount of times ive gone to a music shop and they havent had any catalogues is just stupid
Quote by dan ramP
try to sell as many brands as possible, and have at least one of each guitar in the catalogue in the shop, i dunno about in america but in britain they have to order in guitars for you to try sometimes.
There must be literally tens of thousands of guitar models out there, no shop in the world could stock one of each.
Set up jam sessions for people to try stuff out.
More singular compartment rooms.
It'd have more in it than GAK (not only guitars too).
Computers with equipment so customers can record what things sound like and compare more easily through headphones.
Staff who know what they're on about.
There's only one thing we can do to thwart the plot of these albino shape-shifting lizard BITCHES!
I'd make it a boutique and high-end guitar/amp shop.

Guitars: Vigier, Suhr, Anderson, PRS, McNaught, Vintage Gibsons and Fenders, Framus
Amps: Fuchs, Divided by 13, Two-Rock, Dr. Z, Hughes and Kettner, Bogner, Diezel, Egnater, Framus
Dissonance is Bliss

Signal Chain:
Carvin CT-4
Ibanez TS-9
Carvin Quad-X
TC Electronics G-Major
Mesa/Boogie 2:90
Ear Candy BuzzBomb

Member #4 of the Carvin Club
i'd sell guitars if I had a guitar shop, but i'd also try to have the biggest effects range ever
I would sell a larger variety of amps (orange, laney,traynor, etc) in other words i would sell everything tht my guitar center doesnt sell
Quote by kaptink
I would rub my dick all over the merchandise.

You don't need to own the store to do that.
two and a half men.
Make it a metal elitist haven and assault any non metal folk who dare enter. Then I can keep my shop pure, today my shop, tomorrow the world.
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
yea man, who ever doesnt like pantera or think they suck doesnt like metal, end of discussion, they changed the freakin world n made history, so don't be sayin they suck, have respect, same goes for machine head n lamb of god cuz their good too
I'd sell GOOD stuff.
My gear:
-Ibanez JS 6000 Custom w/ 11-48 gauge
-Ibanez FGM 400BB w/ 10-46 gauge
-Peavey 6505 2x12 Combo
-MXR Phase 90
-Boss DD-6 Digital Delay
-Morley Wah/Volume Pro Series II
-Boss CS-3 Compression Sustainer
-Gator G-Bus 8
-Xotic BB Preamp
I would serve free snacks and hunks of cheese to the people who come in on a regular basis.
■■■
'member The Pit of 10'? oH, I 'member!

╚═ ▼▲▼▲▼═╝
I'd burn it down and collect the insurance. lol it's the perfect plan!
two and a half men.
I would allow girls to get guitars in exchange for a certain time period during which I can request sexual favors as much as I want.
Mmmm, coffee

Quote by the_poison125
Fear your ass...

Quote by hazzmatazz
Quote by Våd Hamster
Sharing is caring. *holds out hands*
*inserts penis?*
Quote by Doodleface

Guitars: Vigier, Suhr, Anderson, PRS, McNaught, Vintage Gibsons and Fenders, Framus
Amps: Fuchs, Divided by 13, Two-Rock, Dr. Z, Hughes and Kettner, Bogner, Diezel, Egnater, Framus

enjoy your 3 customers a year.
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
Quote by Doodleface

I would go to this guy's shop every day instead, and play a Custom Shop stratocaster through a Two-Rock.
Quote by RocksAwakening5
I would serve free snacks and hunks of cheese to the people who come in on a regular basis.
Cheese and guitars just don't splice man.
Id have a strict pay2play policy... I mean i dont want some 12 year old kid with his dirty old hands to make hideous noise on one of my guitars. £2.50 per 10min session. I'd host guitar competions every 2months. My music shop will offer lessons for various types of instruments. A guitar/amp technician where you can bring your guitar in, and he'll sort everything out for you for a fee.

I'd also have another section where I would keep the expensive/godly guitars (High end Gibsons, some Fender models, high-end Ibanezes, and custom made Deans, with some PRSs, Crafters, and some ESPs). Only serious guitarists will be allowed to try out any of the guitars in this section, £5 pay2play per 10min session. Upstairs is where i'll keep my Amps, Accessories, Music books, DVDs etc.
Ibanez RG350DX
Randall RH150G3
Harley Benton Cab (Shut up.)
Roland Cube 60
Dunlop Wah Wah Pedal.

mmmmm

Guitar fund - £300/???
Help me out guise!!1!
Quote by Lemoninfluence
enjoy your 3 customers a year.
Oh, he'd get loads of customers, doing alot of "trying" but not very much "buying".

Could make a living off cheap stringss and picks
quick question. does guitarcenter even sell esp guitars? mine doesnt at all, and the website doesnt have any listed
schecter hellraiser son
Quote by DimebagJosho
Id have a strict pay2play policy... I mean i dont want some 12 year old kid with his dirty old hands to make hideous noise on one of my guitars. £2.50 per 10min session. I'd host guitar competions every 2months. My music shop will offer lessons for various types of instruments. A guitar/amp technician where you can bring your guitar in, and he'll sort everything out for you for a fee.

I'd also have another section where I would keep the expensive/godly guitars (High end Gibsons, some Fender models, high-end Ibanezes, and custom made Deans, with some PRSs, Crafters, and some ESPs). Only serious guitarists will be allowed to try out any of the guitars in this section, £5 pay2play per 10min session. Upstairs is where i'll keep my Amps, Accessories, Music books, DVDs etc.

why would I pay to see whether I want to buy a guitar? unless the money I spend trying guitars out is taken off the price of the good in the end. and even then, I might not like any stuff in your shop.

I personally am walking out the second you ask me for money to try out a guitar I might not even like.

Quote by freedoms_stain
Oh, he'd get loads of customers, doing alot of "trying" but not very much "buying".

Could make a living off cheap stringss and picks

I'm going by customers=people who buy stuff.
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
Quote by saphrax
I'd let people play Stairway.

even better, make playing stairway mandatory!
opening night, first 20 costumers get a gift card or something
Quote by NGD1313
Well I don't know about solos but how about that Smoke on the Water riff. It's like...impossible.

THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE

I'm Jake. I'm a musician, philosopher, and exhibitionist.
Quote by DimebagJosho

I hope you're not expecting customers.

Edit: Define "serious guitarist."
Quote by freedoms_stain
Cheese and guitars just don't splice man.

O RLY?

Founder of the "Foundation to replace Jacob's stolen phone foundation of America" PM me to contribute to this noble cause, no donation is too small, or large for that matter
Page 1 of 2