I want to get a good amp. cause i just use my uncle's when he lets me get his sg out. I want to get an amp that is good for AC/DC style, but I also want enough left for distortion and my own guitar. What is a good amp I can get?

PS. I only have 3,000 dollars for the guitar, amp, and distortion, but idk if i'll get distortion.
ONLY $3000
Man you're going to be pushed

Traynor YCV/Orange Rocker (or others - idk about US prices)/Marshall- no need for a distortion pedal.
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
Last edited by Yngwi3 at Jun 1, 2008,
1000 on an SG standard (i'm bad with prices)
And 2000 on some ceriatone marshall clone?
Or something like that?

^Oh yeah, oranges are pretty sweet too.
If you can find a used budda superdrive, that'd be pretty sweet too.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
id suggest a les paul style guitar, it is much more versitile than an sg and can still get a decent acdc tone, most of it comes from the amp anyway. Gibson Les Pauls are very overpriced, so why not an ESP Eclipse II (~$1000) then get a Ceriatone 2x12 Combo amp JTM45 (~$1500) then spent 500 on pedals , an acoustic to practice on when you're bored, or a 2nd electric with floyd rose (floyd rose is better for a persons second guitar because it isnt very reliable, but you can do cool stuff with it)
marshall clone will get you preety close. Orange Tiny terror is good too.

Blackhear LG the cheapest ($300)
damn only 3000. that sucks. now i feel really poor. angus young used plexi marshalls, JTM45s, JTM50s, and JMP50s. don't get an SG just to get young's sound, his SG was extremly modded.
don't drink and drive, smoke and fly. actually, do both, if that's what you want. i won't care.
My money's on the TS being in Australia here guys...and not just because he plays AC/DC
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Spend more on the amp than the guitar.
Quote by Pookie6

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Quote by Yngwi3

+1.

Get a Ceriatone Marshall Clone, such as a JTM45 or a Plexi clone, or an Orange Rocker, and some sort of SG guitar, being either a Gibson or an '80s Japanese lawsuit one.
Quote by jxljxl
Fais wins at life

The obscenely young leader of the Laney Cult

Member of the EHX Guild
Quote by rhcp_freak
'80s Japanese lawsuit one.

I'd kill for one of those.

As people were saying, Amp>Guitar. And like people said, Plexi Clone or JTM45.
Quote by Yngwi3

ehhh not ALWAYS true. Usually id say that if you have a really cheap guitar with barbwire strings and an action that is higher than your pick with a warped neck, buy a good guitar. I would say that if you have a TERRIBLE guitar, spend 2/3 of your money on that, then save up again for a great amp.
My Gear:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster
Epiphone Sheraton II
Fender Blues Deluxe Reissue
Teese RMC Picture Wah
MXR Carbon Copy
Keeley Modded TS9
Korg Pitchblack
Schecter Omen 6
Dean Performer Acoustic

Quote by WlCmToTheJungle
ehhh not ALWAYS true. Usually id say that if you have a really cheap guitar with barbwire strings and an action that is higher than your pick with a warped neck, buy a good guitar. I would say that if you have a TERRIBLE guitar, spend 2/3 of your money on that, then save up again for a great amp.

Very true, I'm just speaking about this particular situation
Quote by Pookie6

Quote by uk.mace

Quote by WlCmToTheJungle

Then again, you'll still be able to get a good guitar after spending most of your monies on an amp.

If anything, a half-decent guitar would feel much better than playing the guitar you just described.
Quote by jxljxl
Fais wins at life

The obscenely young leader of the Laney Cult

Member of the EHX Guild
Quote by mercedesisbenz
I'm pretty sure you don't need a 3000 dollar rig.

Everyone needs a $3000 rig!
Dean Icon PZ
Line 6 Variax 700
Dean V-Wing
Dean ML 79 SilverBurst
MXR M 108
H2O Chorus/Echo
Valve Junior (V3 Head/Cab and Combo)
VHT Special 6
Phonic 620 Power Pod PA
Wampler Super Plextortion
Line 6 Pod HD
I like that response

I have bad GAS for a Quickrod...
--

How do you say "I'm okay" to an answering machine?

--