hey guys, 15 years old here and I just bought myself a Marshall JCM 800 head + marshall 2x12 cab, used. (1050$$ canadian)

I've had this cheap LTD-Kirk Hammett signature guitar for a while and I was wondering what you guys think of it and so far i think it's pretty decent. It plays pretty good and the EMG's help push my amp but I was looking at a gibson explorer before I bought the LTD.

The reason i didn't get it (a white one) was because some idiot who was testing it out smashed it against an amp and made a nice dent in the back. I thought I could get a little discount off of it for having a small dent, nothing that effected the sound.

Anyway, the guitar store owners not only decided to try and charge me full price for it but they sent it back and wanted me to wait 2 months for it. The bastards know that they're the only gibson dealers for a long way (I live out in the country) and they abuse that so i decided to stick it to them and buy a LTD since I liked the look and it sounded pretty nice when I tested it out.

Anyway, I was just wondering if I should've got the explorer... like what am I missing out on?
your not missing out on much. the explorer is nice. if metal is all you do i think you should check out the schecter hellraiser. my neighbor just got one. really nice guitars schecter makes. or you can look at the blackjack atx. eitherway i think their better then the explorer since my friend decide to go with the hellraiser over the explorer. and he spend 4 month researching lol
i personaly dont like the explorer, GH2 kinda ruined it for me
HiMyNameIsMatt
I like the look of explorer's, I just can't stand the Gibson scale.
Quote by kckyle
your not missing out on much. the explorer is nice. if metal is all you do i think you should check out the schecter hellraiser. my neighbor just got one. really nice guitars schecter makes. or you can look at the blackjack atx. eitherway i think their better then the explorer since my friend decide to go with the hellraiser over the explorer. and he spend 4 month researching lol

nah, I dont venture into metal much. The heaviest I'll probly go is some Pantera or something. 4 months, is there really that much to know about it? lol

i personaly dont like the explorer, GH2 kinda ruined it for me

Yeah GH2 killed alot of good things
well wuts ur preferred style?
in my opinion, u cant rlly go wrong with emgs. i might suggest a dean, like a caddy or something, they are good for most styles
Quote by LesPaulHer0
"in the grand scheme of things, nobody cares"

Gear:
Dean 10K Commemorative Razorback
Ibanez RG 3EX1
BC Rich Mockingbird Evil Edge
Fender Acoustic
Marshall MG250DFX
Ibanez Weeping Demon Wah
Electro Harmonix Small Clone Full Chorus
Quote by Superstrat101
nah, I dont venture into metal much. The heaviest I'll probly go is some Pantera or something. 4 months, is there really that much to know about it? lol

Yeah GH2 killed alot of good things

no not really. he just like to re compare at least 3 times a day. since he got nothing better to do. well the hellraiser isn't only for metal. you can do medicore jazz and blues on it. with the coil tap i think you can do a bit of funk? not sure about that one but hey its also cheaper then the explorer.