Page 1 of 2
I'm looking at buying an ibanez guitar, its my 18th this year and i'm going to halves with my family,

i'm not too sure on what model i want but i've only ever heard good things about this company and there is a shop near me that can get whichever model i want to either try and/or buy,

the only problem i have is that i'm too sure on which trems are good and which ones i should avoid, so this is were you all come in,

if anybody owns or has experince of these guitars with trems can you please give me a brief insight into your own views on the quality and usabiltiy of them?

thanks in advance,

Tom
theres a user here who made an entire website (or blog) about ibnz trems... lemme see if i can find him...

but just in short: avoid Edge III, love the Edge Pro
Last edited by just17n8 at Jun 1, 2008,
Quote by just17n8
theres a user here who made an entire website (or blog) about ibnz trems... lemme see if i can find him...

but just in short: avoid Edge III, Love the Edge Pro

This
edge 2 = shoite
edge 3 = shoit-er
edge pro = better then teh floyds
edge lo pro = super nice
synchronizi = rather nice and a joy to use
zr = not my favoirite but is to others. like marmite.
edge zero = quite good
Edge Pros are great, but ZR's are AMAZING. You can snap a string on a ZR bridge guitar and all the other strings will still be perfectly in tune.
Signature? What's a signature?

Quote by WlCmToTheJungle
the house burnt down
pics coming soon!
<.<
>,>

Quote by metalscott76
No!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Best theory lesson EVER!
i love my edge pro

but my brothers edge III is a pile of balls

thats the way it goes
Quote by Shred Head
You have an atrocious sense of humour!

Quote by StrayCatBlues
You win 100 hilarity points.

Spend them wisely.

Quote by GrisKy
you're a funny, funny man, chimp in a tux... funny indeed.
but the edge III is on all the stadard RG's so does that rule them out?
Edge III is not that bad. Its very smooth. The people here are just jumping on the Edge III sucks bandwagon. Its not that bad, but supposedly it can wear out quick.
If your trem is made out of a crappy alloy its going to be crap. The knife edges will wear out quickly and you'll fine nothing will stay in tune.

Hence don't by an edge 3. There on Ibanez low end guitars for a reason.
My Gear

Guitar
DEAN Razorback Shards
Wesley crappy cheap thing

Amps
Cheap Crappy Freedom Practice AMP 15watts
VOX AD50 Valtronix
Quote by nyandres
Edge III is not that bad. Its very smooth. The people here are just jumping on the Edge III sucks bandwagon. Its not that bad, but supposedly it can wear out quick.

technically you're right... if you know how to handle a floyd and swap parts when needed the EIII might not be as ****ty as it is... but the TS sound like a Floyd first time user
ok, so what are the most ffordable guitars with either the ZR of the Edge Pro?
Or the Ibanez S320.

You could go second hand for an Ibanez RG550, they have awesome trems.
dude, RG550/RG570/RG750/RG770 ... original edge or lo pro, original wizard neck, a dream to play, and cheap! jsut make sure you get a good one, since they'll be 2nd hand.
Gear

'07 Ibanez RG1570MRB Prestige
'97 Ibanez RGR570 - V7/Dimarzio Fast Track/ Dimarzio PAF Pro
Westfield SG Copy
Westfield Strat Copy
Falcon Acoustic
Peavey Valveking 212
Roland Microcube
Unbranded 15W Starter Amp
Did you ever own a guitar with a double locking tremolo? No doubt the Edge Pro and ZR are fantastic, but if you won't need them anyway, there's no point of buying a guitar with said trems.

I know I'll get flamed by everybody in this thread, but for me, double locking trems are just expensive, complicated toys that ruin my sustain, nothing more.
They do keep you in tune regardless wether its subtle vibrato or metal dive bombing. I have a Wilkinson equipped guitar with locking tuners and while the simplicity and classic feel are nice its still goes out of tune slightly after a while. Once the strings are stretched on my Edge's I never retune.

In case threadstarter missed my link: https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=860258
ok cheers custom custom but i'm looking more at the S series now, but good luck with that mate
dont even think about buying an ibanez that has edge III. Mine lasted a week, luckily guitar center takes guitars back within thirty days.
MyGear
Schecter Hellraiser (EMG 85/81 + 18v mod)
LTD SC-207 with EMG 707
Peavey 6505 Head
Some random Peavey 4x12 slant cab
Boss Chorus Ensemble + Boss DD-3 + Dunlop Crybaby Wah + Boss NS2
Quote by CustomCustom

just so i don't highjack i posted in that thread. so go check it
Quote by metaldud536
...I mean if indians stood naked in front of me, i couldn't tell if they're hispanic or native american. unless they put on clothes

At first he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
I love you, man. No homo

But then, he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
I love you even more now. Slightly homo
my edge is fine, i told my mom everyone says they wear out after a while, she just said get the trem replaced or get a new guitar lol, so no worrys xD
you've bought 18 ibanez guitars this year?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
BUMP

I'm looking at buying an ibanez guitar, its my 18th this year and i'm going to halves with my family,

i'm not too sure on what model i want but i've only ever heard good things about this company and there is a shop near me that can get whichever model i want to either try and/or buy,

the only problem i have is that i'm too sure on which trems are good and which ones i should avoid, so this is were you all come in,

if anybody owns or has experince of these guitars with trems can you please give me a brief insight into your own views on the quality and usabiltiy of them?

thanks in advance,

Tom

i'm also looking at Washburn X-series guitars as well, any comments on these too?

chhers,

Me
GO for a s470 if your looking for a cheap ibanez with great playability and a good trem.
My Gear

Guitar
DEAN Razorback Shards
Wesley crappy cheap thing

Amps
Cheap Crappy Freedom Practice AMP 15watts
VOX AD50 Valtronix
Quote by Tom Horn
BUMP

thanks in advance,

Tom

i'm also looking at Washburn X-series guitars as well, any comments on these too?

chhers,

Me

We need a price range, as ibanezes go from £150 - £2000

but if you read through the thread, you'll see a list of good trems, and bad trems.
Gear

'07 Ibanez RG1570MRB Prestige
'97 Ibanez RGR570 - V7/Dimarzio Fast Track/ Dimarzio PAF Pro
Westfield SG Copy
Westfield Strat Copy
Falcon Acoustic
Peavey Valveking 212
Roland Microcube
Unbranded 15W Starter Amp
I've read it a few times, but nobody has really given me their experiences with them in much detail, just "yes good" or "no bad" ...

i'd say no more than about £500
Quote by Dave_Mc
you've bought 18 ibanez guitars this year?

i think he means it's his 18th birthday

TS, if you did get something with an edge 3 keep in mind that those can be swapped out for an OFR down the line
Quote by pedaler466
Shreadhead22 had nothing helpful to say to me. He just immediatly started being a prick.

Quote by Yngwi3
Shredhead's advice is the best in the thread.

-Mesa Roadster
-Mesa 4x12
-'93 Gibby LP studio
-535q
-CE5/DD-220
-TS9dx
-EB volume
-Shure Wireless
^ I know that, it was just a joke.

washburns are nice guitars. x40pro is probably the one to look at with a similar spec to ibanezes. it's just a matter of trying it to see if you like it.

for around £500 your best bet with ibanez is probably an rg1570, with a pickup swap as and when you can afford it (assuming you don't happen to love the stock pickups, which is admittedly unlikely...).
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
^ I know that, it was just a joke.

washburns are nice guitars. x40pro is probably the one to look at with a similar spec to ibanezes. it's just a matter of trying it to see if you like it.

for around £500 your best bet with ibanez is probably an rg1570, with a pickup swap as and when you can afford it (assuming you don't happen to love the stock pickups, which is admittedly unlikely...).

ok cool

thanks mate, yeah i was looking at the X40ProE earlier, i'll see which i can get hold of to try

anybody else? i really appreciate your time
^ just make sure it's the x40PRO E... machinehead is selling some bog standard x40s with emgs, i don't think those have as nice trems as the pros (could be wrong though).
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
yeah, i'd seen those, cheeky buggers,

the ones on the washbrun site are string thru arent they?
Page 1 of 2