i have been using my bros equipment for to long, i want to get a rig for SRV as well as hendrix, cream and thin lizzy.
but the more i try to decide the more choices there become

i have looked at vibro and superchamp xd's

Blackhearts

blues juniors

and this http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/RAT-HOT-ROD-TWEED-VALVE-ELECTRIC-GUITAR-AMPLIFIER-AMP_W0QQitemZ350063440292QQihZ022QQcategoryZ10171QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
the guys says its like mesa boogie without the gain but he seems to think it will be to loud for bedroom even though it has a 5.8 watt option.

also looked at pedals such as tubescreamers.

so yeh any help would be greatly admired.
any sugestions as well as long as they dont go it to silly money by the way im in Uk
Last edited by stewart91 at Jun 1, 2008,
i would get a fender amp if your into the lighter stuff. or a marshall dsl combo amp. im sure their cheaper there in uk since thats where they're made.
not too much into the vox Valvetronix just seems like marketing techniques to me thanks for the imput though
Check out the Epi VJ. If you get an EQ and scoop the mids a little bit, you'll get a pretty good SRV sound.
FOR AWESOME HANDWOUND PICKUPS, CONTACT CorduroyEW
BOOBS
Quote by ratmblink123
Good for you. Have a cookie.

But really... there's no cookie. And if there was, you wouldn't get one.
thanks for imput so far but will 15 and 30 watt valve amps be to loud for bedrooms
I had a valvetronix ad30vt and sold it for a superchamp xd. I get better cleans and even more usefull overdrive souns with it. the effects are more tweakable on the vox but the fender's work very well for what they come with. Check out youtube, they are getting great srv and hendrix tone out of it.
"Make my funk the P-Funk, I want my funk uncut"
Quote by jambi_mantra
James, are you God?

Fender Highway One Tele
1985 Encore 335
Takamine EG523sc
Laney VC15
Vox V847
MXR M-108
EHX Q-Tron+, Big Muff Pi, POG
MI Audio Crunch Box
Yamaha DTXplorer DrumKit
Quote by stewart91
thanks for imput so far but will 15 and 30 watt valve amps be to loud for bedrooms

No one says you "have" to crank a tube amp for it to sound good. I got a 60 watt 212 sitting next to me and it doesn't bother anyone in the next room unless I want it to. Just don't go crazy with the volume pot and you'll be able to rock out without waking people up.
What's your price range?
Mmmm, coffee

Quote by the_poison125
Fear your ass...

Quote by hazzmatazz
Quote by Våd Hamster
Sharing is caring. *holds out hands*
*inserts penis?*
Laney VC15 + Pedals.

It sounds good at low volumes.
"Make my funk the P-Funk, I want my funk uncut"
Quote by jambi_mantra
James, are you God?

Fender Highway One Tele
1985 Encore 335
Takamine EG523sc
Laney VC15
Vox V847
MXR M-108
EHX Q-Tron+, Big Muff Pi, POG
MI Audio Crunch Box
Yamaha DTXplorer DrumKit
To tell you the truth, a VK has been really good for me so far.

Edit: The 112 isnt too loud, but it can if you want it to.

^
He's laughing at YOU.
You better click that bastard.

Ibanez RG370DX
Peavey Valveking 112 (w/ Bad Monkey and GE-7 EQ)
Last edited by MakeItWitChu at Jun 1, 2008,