hey UG!

i was just surfing around and found that gear list of john mayer. since a lot of ppl like his tone (including me) i thought you guys might be interested in seeing it. the list is pretty old i guess but the cool thing is that he posted his settings for a hot rod deluxe!

John' s gear list

Hot Rod Settings: Treble 6, Bass 9, Mid 4, Reverb 5, Presence 6, Bright setting off

well maybe that helped some ppl. if not... sorry
Guitars:

Fender Mexican HSS Strat (Sunburst, Maple Neck)
- /w custom handwound John Mayer pickups - thx cord!

Amp:
Hughes & Kettner Matrix 100 Combo (practice amp)
Fender '73 Twin Reverb (main amp)

boss bd-2 (keeley modded)
is it just me or does any else find settings pointless? (not attacking the thread starter) i mean its not like thast the settings he always uses for every song, i guess it gives an idea of how to get certain sounds if you need em, but no more so then just tinkering with your amp a bit
Quote by stephen_rettie
is it just me or does any else find settings pointless? (not attacking the thread starter) i mean its not like thast the settings he always uses for every song, i guess it gives an idea of how to get certain sounds if you need em, but no more so then just tinkering with your amp a bit

you're right. but as u said it may give some ppl an idea and helps them :/

Quote by acdcrocks0323
That must be pretty old because he now uses Two Rock amps which are very $$$$ pricey.

if u look carefully u will find his two-rock in the list.
Guitars:

Fender Mexican HSS Strat (Sunburst, Maple Neck)
- /w custom handwound John Mayer pickups - thx cord!

Amp:
Hughes & Kettner Matrix 100 Combo (practice amp)
Fender '73 Twin Reverb (main amp)

boss bd-2 (keeley modded)