it worked the first time, but not the 2nd or third

how does it work?
My Old Progressive Metal Band:
Acrasia
For fans of Between The Buried and Me, Dream Theater, Cynic.

My New Progressive Rock/Djent Band:
Wings Denied
For fans of Deftones, Tesseract, Periphery, Karnivool, Cynic.
worked the first time for me, then failed
Living is easy with eyes closed...
--------------------------

Quote by GnR_ROK
I'm surprised you returned to this thread after cheeseman owned you.
Every ninth symbol is the same. Every answer is dividable by nine.

There's nothing to see here.

*leaves*
And what is more, there's been a bloody purple nose and some bloody purple clothes that were messing up the lobby floor. It's just apartment house rules so all you 'partment fools remember : one man's ceiling is another man's floor.
I feel like I am smarter than this, but I can't help but be amazed by it. Maybe it's because I suck at math.
If morning's a bitch with open arms, night's a girl who's gone too far.

OMGWTFBBQ
Quote by Thornography
I know how it works. That one is a rip off of the real one though.

Do you have a link to it?... i remember there being a better representation on another site.
It's basic maths. All the possible answers have the same symbol. If it doesn't work, your maths sucks.
Warwick freak of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by elliott FTW
Damn you and Warwickyness

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1
looking at it now, the images repeat themselves
the variety of numbers really just try to confuse you, because there is no result that can be higher than 13...

edit: ^ya
Living is easy with eyes closed...
--------------------------

Quote by GnR_ROK
I'm surprised you returned to this thread after cheeseman owned you.
Damn, thought this was gonna be something else. I remember something along these lines a while back, where it would try to guess what TV show you were thinking of based on a limited number of questions. Anybody know anything like that?
The one with the royal sceptre and gown

Quote by leaping badger
i like drag

Member of the "I died a little inside when Steve Irwin died...RIP" club. Put in your sig to join.
Quote by gm jack
It's basic maths. All the possible answers have the same symbol. If it doesn't work, your maths sucks.

But the symbol is different each time. How does it guess which number you came out with?
Quote by 12Jim34
But the symbol is different each time. How does it guess which number you came out with?

*points to earlier response*
And what is more, there's been a bloody purple nose and some bloody purple clothes that were messing up the lobby floor. It's just apartment house rules so all you 'partment fools remember : one man's ceiling is another man's floor.
Quote by 12Jim34

The answer is always divisible by 9. Look at the symbols for 9, 18, 27 etc. Always the same symbol.
The one with the royal sceptre and gown

Quote by leaping badger
i like drag

Member of the "I died a little inside when Steve Irwin died...RIP" club. Put in your sig to join.
No matter what number you choose. It will always come down to the same symbol. I'm sure there is a mathematical equation to it but my maths is rusty.
Quote by gm jack

+1
Every optional answer can be divided by 9.
Quote by lizarday
oh yeah? well larry king the slayer guitarist owns bc rich guitars. (i think)
Ahhh yes I get it now. The symbol changes each time but only for numbers in the 9 times table.
Quote by 12Jim34

Because the answer is always a multiple of nine.
My dad showed this to me like 2 years ago, it's pretty simple to figure out, I thought.
Quote by bassmanjoe08
I learned that there are easy ways to waste your life away when all you have is a computer and a world full of people putting new and interesting things on their boners.

Wow, I've been here for a while.
the equation you do always ends up being a multiple of 9, all those numbers are given the same symbol, afterwards they change the symbol to make it seem like its different.
[/thread]
Quote by master
I figured out how it works. The symbols for each number change after every try. It's all just mathematical.

ahh didnt notice they switched, thats how they do it
dude, what about an actual solo in death metal instead of that poof from linkin park. Think of Pulse of the Maggots - Bed Of Razors

#1 MEMEBER OF THE OFFICIAL THRASH METAL FAN CLUB (PM URE FAV BANDS TO ME TO JOIN)
The maths would be:

For any 2 digits natural number:

10h+n -(h+n)="9"
10h-h+n-n="9"
9h+0="9"
9h="9"
That conclusion is correct, since any number multiplied by 9 gives a multiple of 9

Inductive reasoning FTW!!

EDIT:Oh and every multiple of 9 has the same symbol, like eveybody here said, yeah
im still a bit confused here.

How does it know what symbol it is?!? You could choose anything!

I did the same number in a row, and it dident work

EDIT!: I got it! Always a multiple of nice, the symbol changes, same symbol for each multiple of nine
Quote by roythereaper
Nice bum >.> <.<
Last edited by stratele at Jun 1, 2008,
Okay, a new magic trick:

Take any 2 digit number,and multiply it by 7. Now add all the digits from the first 2 digit number you chose. Now multiply it by 2, and add that to the previous number you had (the one you multiplied by 7).
Now divide that number by 9, and to the first number you chose (at first) substract this new one.
Now, divide the new number by the first digit of the first number you chose...

Is the answer 2?

(lol one I invented right now)