Alright, So I've Been Searching All Over The Place Trying To Find Out Exactly What The Bassist From Alice In Chains Used To Make His Bass Sound So Good, And What Bass He Played.

Can Anyone Help Me Out?

I'm Looking For Like, What Amps He Used, What Pedals, What Bass(es) He Played.
From Google:

Mike Inez -
Basses: Warwick, Fender Fretless, Alvarez Acoustic, Stuart Spector Custom Made Bass, acoustic Alvarez
Amps: Ampeg Head and Cabinets
Miscellaneous: Dean Markley Strings

Mike Starr -
Basses: Spector
Miscellaneous: Dean Markley Strings
I've Made You A Drawing of a Giraffe Fucking an Elephant. Notice How His Moustache Looks Just Like Mine.

Your Mother's Got a Penis
Last edited by faultyy at Jun 1, 2008,
You Don't Have To Type Like This. It's Actually Very Annoying, And Makes It Less Likely For You To Get The Help You So Rightfully Deserve.
In the bass chat:

<Jon> take the quote of me out your sig plx
<Jon> i hate seeing what i said around lol

Leader of the Bass Militia PM to join!

And now on BANDCAMP!

Officially the funniest member of the Bass Forum.
Quote by Nutter_101
You Don't Have To Type Like This. It's Actually Very Annoying, And Makes It Less Likely For You To Get The Help You So Rightfully Deserve.

Plus One. lol

Nah, try wikipedia-ing him. But I must agree, he has a great sound, and very talented. When I saw them at a concert he mostly played the fender.
Governor of the Jersey Rocks group
PM me to join
Inez's tone is pretty rad, but Mike Starr played on the classic albums. Like the intro to "Would".
Last edited by Sly Taco at Jun 2, 2008,
Quote by Sly Taco
F*ck yea, its like the quintessential bass line from the 90's. Man I miss those days.

Anarkee starts to fill out Sly Taco's OAP bass player's membership card

You're starting to sound like Rick and I, lol...
Quote by Sly Taco
Saw AIC at Lollapalooza '93!!!
Damn i'm old.

Lol--I missed them in '93 but saw the '92 fest with the Chili Peppers, Ministry, Soundgarden and Pearl Jam. I still have the T shirt to prove it. Yes, I have a T shirt older than some of the people in this forum. THAT'S old.

And I went back and listened to Would tonight. I had forgotten how great that intro is..
I wanted to go to '92 so bad(was only 14). I'm so jealous. I saw Rage, Babes in Toyland, Fishbone, Dinasour Jr., Primus, AIC, and on the second stage a little band called Tool. Cheers to 90's music!!!

Oh, I still have the tour shirt too!!
Last edited by Sly Taco at Jun 6, 2008,
Quote by Sly Taco
I wanted to go to '92 so bad(was only 14). I'm so jealous. I saw Rage, Babes in Toyland, Fishbone, Dinasour Jr., Primus, AIC, and on the second stage a little band called Tool. Cheers to 90's music!!!

Oh, I still have the tour shirt too!!

The hatred begins now, that reads like possibly my favourite gig EVER!!!

Damn me only being 4 at the time and living in the UK, sucks, sucks suck

especially that Primus or indeed any Claypool project havent played here in over 10 years!!!
Quote by the humanity
I'm just joking Moog. you know nothing can tear our friendship apart, not even the fact we are miles apart, I am right there beside you, yelling, "Chug it, ya little wimp!"