I plan on getting the RR3 as my first guitar.

I want a good amp that I will use for practice. (Nothing mind blowing, just some decent power with great sound) About 300$ sounds right... I hear about Vox and Valveking and B-52 and Roland cubes, which sound great but I have no idea which to pick and there is absolutely no way I'm listening to them since we don't have them here in Israel.

The things I'd like to play eventually:

Dream Theater
Evergrey
Disturbed
Dragonforce (yeah right :\ )
Metallica (just to get started :P)
Queens of the stone age

Those are the bands I can think of right now.

Mostly Metal, Progressive Metal, Power Metal, etc. Some rock as well since I'm a beginner still and those might take a couple years to get started with, but you catch my drift (I hope).

Thanks!
Last edited by Mosho2 at Jun 1, 2008,
A roland cube would be a good start, stay away from the Cube 15 though. It's not near as good as the others.

A believe me, Dragonforce aren't as good as you think. Dream Theater is much harder to pull off well.
Dissonance is Bliss

Signal Chain:
Carvin CT-4
Ibanez TS-9
Carvin Quad-X
TC Electronics G-Major
Mesa/Boogie 2:90
Ear Candy BuzzBomb

Member #4 of the Carvin Club
Fender has alot of realy good small amps i have the frnder front man 2,its a realy good amp,its around 100-200 bucks and its preaty small but has a real kick ass sound
Hmm, if you want decent tone from the get-go, get the Peavey Valveking 112.
R.I.P. Charles Michael "Evil Chuck" Schuldiner
B. May 13 1967 - D. December 13 2001

Quote by eggsandham2
cuz ppl hate how power metal they are cuz they think its "gay" or w.e, which is immature and dirogitory
Quote by saitenslayer
Fender has alot of realy good small amps i have the frnder front man 2,its a realy good amp,its around 100-200 bucks and its preaty small but has a real kick ass sound

For metal?
Got on the bus with me daysavaaaa
Are you sure about getting the RR3 as your first guitar? Not only is it a V shaped guitar (hard to get to grips with at first, especially for a beginner!) and it has a Floyd Rose trem which are an unbelievable pain in the ass to deal with.
Last edited by Mwoit at Jun 1, 2008,
I totally agree with the guy above me. Floyd Rose are a pain in the ass. You would be better of with a string-thru. You don't need a Floyd to play metal. Also please don't take offence but don't you think the RR3 is a bit of a good guitar for a beginner
Quote by sashki
judging by these 'ranks', I guess you were looking at Gibson guitars.

In that case, it goes (worst --> best)
special --> studio --> standard --> custom

When Gibson calls something "special", it's special in the way a retarded kid is.
to buy a guitar which he will change in a few months would be worse. but i agree with the fr part...
Does it have any effect on the guitar if I don't use it, at least at first? I really want a V, I don't care if it's not a beginner guitar, I'll manage.
Quote by Mosho2
Does it have any effect on the guitar if I don't use it, at least at first? I really want a V, I don't care if it's not a beginner guitar, I'll manage.

Just make sure you read how to change the strings. Its not hard if you can read and follow instructions.
♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪
Quote by Mosho2

No, they're really easy to use, it's just that the first few times, restringing a floyd rose is a bitch, but if you follow instructions, you should be fine.

Roland Cube 30 gets my vote.
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
Quote by Mosho2

In that case, check out the LTD V-500, great guitar but string thru.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/ESP-LTD-V500-Electric-Guitar?sku=512895

The problem with FRs is that they are a bit annoying to maintain as opposed to regular Tune O Matic bridges. When you play metal and as a beginner, you'll be wanting to be changing tunings often jam along with your favourite bands from Metallica which some of it is E standard to say Pantera which covers a load of tunings like D standard or something. With a FR, it's gonna be ****ing annoying since you have to readjust the springs at the back etc. etc.
whats the deal with people and floyd roses, My first guitar was the DK2M and I had no problems changing strings. Just watch a few youtube videos on how to do it.

Stick a pencil under the tremolo so it doesn't move.
Unlock your locking nut.
Change one string at a time.
Tune it up to pitch after you install it.
Repeat 5 more times.
Voila.

It's really not that big a deal...

Unless you'll be changing tunings. In that case dont get a floyd.

As for the amp, Roland Cube 30.
I thought about the V-500 at first, but I like the way SD sound better. Plus the kind people of the electric forum told me not to get it :P
Quote by Mosho2
I thought about the V-500 at first, but I like the way SD sound better. Plus the kind people of the electric forum told me not to get it :P

Haha!

Jacksons rock.
Getting a 44 pounds valveking on a plane would be too much trouble I'm afraid. and it costs (take a deep breath) 1300$ here in Israel. I can get a cube 30 or a VOX AD30VT for reasonable prices (used). I see some Marshalls now as well. Which are the models for my needs?

edit: What about a Peavy bandit 112?
Last edited by Mosho2 at Jun 1, 2008,
Cube 30 for your needs.
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
Quote by Yngwi3
Cube 30 for your needs.

+1

.....\,========================]
...../ ..---.........................-----.............|]
..../_==o;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;-------.:/
....), ...(_(_) ..../
...// (..) ), ------"
..//......//
.//......//
//......//