I'm running through my Pod X3 Live, and the sound isn't "as good" as I think it should be, it's a bit muddy, and when I compare what mine sounds like to sound samples it doesn't sound as good.

Right now I got an Ibanez Rg 150 R, with the stock pickups, I was thinking about putting these in:
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Seymour-Duncan-SH4-JB-Humbucker-Pickup?sku=300035

Now I need them for cleans and good distortion, I am never going to heavier then any Metallica, and I need to play Jazz and Blues with it as well.

So would these work well? And provide my tone into my X3 with better clarity, and just not as muddy as the stock one's from my (500 dollarish 4 years ago) Ibanez.

Thanks,
Schmitty
Live Rig:
Ibanez Rg 150R w/ Duncan 59s
Marshall JCM2000 TSL60 Head
Mark IV Combo
Marshall 1960a Cab w/ Vintage 30s
Ibanez RG1570 Prestige w/ Duncan 59s
Jackson SLSMG Soloist
Currently in Ontario, Canada.

The JB is a great all-around pickup, so you should be happy with it.
Yeah it may seam like that, but honestly my tone is pretty muddy through the X3, and the only thing I can see it from is the crappy stock pickups, mind it was an old RG, and not that expensive.
Live Rig:
Mark IV Combo
Jackson SLSMG Soloist

You also might want to try lowering the amount of gain you use in your distortion patches.
Quote by mogar
You also might want to try lowering the amount of gain you use in your distortion patches.

Please don't tell me you use distortion patches on a Mark IV....
Quote by hrdcorelaxplaya
Please don't tell me you use distortion patches on a Mark IV....

Who mentioned a mark iv in this thread?
No, lol, I'm using it as a solution to setting up a home studio, I use it through Direct USB, but I listen to the sound samples of the patches, and mine sounds more muddier, just not clear, it's like slightly "dampened" if that helps, like my amp is covered in pillows and blankets and **** lmao.
Live Rig:
Mark IV Combo
Jackson SLSMG Soloist

Quote by mogar
Who mentioned a mark iv in this thread?

He did because I own one as well.
Live Rig:
Mark IV Combo
Jackson SLSMG Soloist

Quote by DSchmitty
No, lol, I'm using it as a solution to setting up a home studio, I use it through Direct USB, but I listen to the sound samples of the patches, and mine sounds more muddier, just not clear, it's like slightly "dampened" if that helps, like my amp is covered in pillows and blankets and **** lmao.

Alright, phew...

A pickup swap should help considerably, then... stock Ibanez pickups are pretty awful.
Ah, I just go by the info given in the thread. Anyway, since you use your X3 through your comp, what kind of speakers do you have? Also, if you have any sort of eq enabled in your sound card drivers, that'll affect your tone a lot.
Quote by hrdcorelaxplaya
Alright, phew...

A pickup swap should help considerably, then... stock Ibanez pickups are pretty awful.

Thanks, this is exactly what I wanted to know, if it would make it more clear and everything, thanks.
Live Rig:
Mark IV Combo
Jackson SLSMG Soloist

Quote by DSchmitty
Thanks, this is exactly what I wanted to know, if it would make it more clear and everything, thanks.

yea, what he said is right. especially if ur using any sort of effects, you need hotter pickups to cut through the distortion/effects. thats why david gilmour uses emgs. He has a crap load of effects and you couldnt rly hear the guitar otherwise.

hopefully what i said is all right.... if i'm wrong, someone please correct me
Quote by Johansensan
sir, i would like to inform you that you are now my favorite UGer. Not only did you use the word y'all, which is native to my homeland, but you correctly punctuated it using the apostrophe.

Christian Guitarists
A Weekly Devotional