Page 1 of 2
Ive been playing for a couple of months and i wanna learn a good metal song. Im really into children of bodom atm and an easy song from them would be great but i know alexi's solos are waaaaaayyyyy too fast =P

so any recomendations would be great and an easy COB song would rock
Cheers metal heads!
Yoda i be!

Quote by lzrdsixsix6
its so much funner doing it with friends tho...........like masturbation

Quote by GrayFoxz
With your post, the pit has its rightful name - the pit, the most lowest place on earth, after a 100 feet of earth and 200 feet of sh|t .
Necrophagist - Only Ash Remains.

Oh, wait...

Easy metal song? A lot of thrash, Kreator, Slayer, Sepultura.
R.I.P. Charles Michael "Evil Chuck" Schuldiner
B. May 13 1967 - D. December 13 2001

Quote by eggsandham2
cuz ppl hate how power metal they are cuz they think its "gay" or w.e, which is immature and dirogitory
iv Benn playing since Christmas i started with an acoustic guitar and now i own a fender squire strati caster,and with your gear slayer raining blood should be a good song i learned it in a half an hour,but another easy one is lamb of god now you've got something to die fore, or if you want it close your eyes easy try arieals by system of a down. and trust me i no
also i dont mind thrash or any other sub metal genre just give me surrgestions =)
Yoda i be!

Quote by lzrdsixsix6

Quote by GrayFoxz
With your post, the pit has its rightful name - the pit, the most lowest place on earth, after a 100 feet of earth and 200 feet of sh|t .
bed of razors should be good for you, even the solo. even if you can't really do it now, it's a good starting point for getting into soloing technique

then try out silent night, bodom night. i think the hatebreeder album is the best place to start out for learning children of bodom because the solos are simpler than the newer stuff in that it doesn't involve stuff like tapping and other things you shouldn't learn before getting basic shred down. for example, i think on hatebreeder almost all of the arpeggios you'll find are the standard major and minor shapes.
Quote by archerygenious
Jesus Christ since when is the Pit a ****ing courtroom...

Like melodic, black, death, symphonic, and/or avant-garde metal? Want to collaborate? Message me!
Last edited by vIsIbleNoIsE at Jun 1, 2008,
Kreator - Betrayer

Slayer - Angel of Death (the breakdown may take some time, but beyond that it's easy)

Sepultura - Dead Embryonic Cells

Quote by eggsandham2
cuz ppl hate how power metal they are cuz they think its "gay" or w.e, which is immature and dirogitory
Quote by vIsIbleNoIsE
bed of razors should be good for you, even the solo. even if you can't really do it now, it's a good starting point for getting into soloing technique

i can solo ok its just alot of COB solos are too fast for me =(
Yoda i be!

Quote by lzrdsixsix6

Quote by GrayFoxz
Vinnum Sabbati - Behemoth
Necrolust, Deathcrush, Chainsaw Guts**** - Mayhem
War - Burzum
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.
Seek and destroy is pretty easy and sounds cool.
Just dont expect to play the solo any soon :P
Quote by Reincaster
I once got shocked by a spider amp.

I got powers like spiderman did, except I model everyone else's powers poorly.

Quote by shredhead22
why not, i started using the zakk wylde boomers and now every third note i hit is a pinch harmonic

iron maiden - the trooper, alot of maiden songs should be pretty easy for you.

blind guardian - run for the night.

death - evil dead, very easy and catchy.
Quote by Karl Sanders
its like a four finger, diminished thingy
Funeral Thirst from the Black Dahlia Murder, its got a simple solo and simple riffs ans such
I want to go as far to the edge without going over. Out on the edge, you can see all kinds of different things.
Your not going to find many easy COB songs. I'd recommend something like "The L:eper Affinity" by Opeth. A lot of parts, but a fairly simple song, at least for me.
DETHKLOK IS TEH ROXORZ!!!
Quote by Slaytanic1993
Necrophagist - Only Ash Remains.

yeah, that intro was my first riff lmao

but seriously, if you're a total beginner, you can't go wrong with Metallica's 'For Whom The Bell Tolls' has some really essential techniques in there, and isn't too hard either. Or if you're bored of people suggesting Metallica, try some black metal, most of it is pretty easy, Gorgoroth are a fave BM band of mine, and all the guitar work is pretty easy.

Also, I've never rated Alexi as a great guitar player, I've just never really got what people see in CoB, could someone suggest me some songs which have cool solos by him so I can see what all the fuss is about?
Quote by \m/Gaz
yeah, that intro was my first riff lmao

but seriously, if you're a total beginner, you can't go wrong with Metallica's 'For Whom The Bell Tolls' has some really essential techniques in there, and isn't too hard either. Or if you're bored of people suggesting Metallica, try some black metal, most of it is pretty easy, Gorgoroth are a fave BM band of mine, and all the guitar work is pretty easy.

Also, I've never rated Alexi as a great guitar player, I've just never really got what people see in CoB, could someone suggest me some songs which have cool solos by him so I can see what all the fuss is about?

Downfall, Silent Night Bodom Night, and Bed Of Razors are all really good songs by Bodom in my opinion.
Quote by Senor Kristian
Viking fact no. 1: Viking helmets did not have horn.
Viking fact no. 2: Vikings tobogganed on their shields into battle.
Viking fact no. 3: Vikings drank mead.
Viking fact no. 4: One of your ancestors are likely to have been raped by a viking.
Quote by The Virtuoso
Downfall, Silent Night Bodom Night, and Bed Of Razors are all really good songs by Bodom in my opinion.

just listened to those 3 songs on youtube, still can't see what's so amazing about them tbh, Bed of Razors was really boring, silent night bodom night was... bland, and Downfall was really really predictable, they just use those notes where you always know exactly what's gunna come next. Downfall did have a pretty good solo though, but nothing I haven't seen before, nothing unique in his playing. After seeing that I consider him a better guitarist than I did, but still very overrated. And if any of you fanboys flame me for expressing my opinion, you can **** off
Quote by \m/Gaz
just listened to those 3 songs on youtube, still can't see what's so amazing about them tbh, Bed of Razors was really boring, silent night bodom night was... bland, and Downfall was really really predictable, they just use those notes where you always know exactly what's gunna come next. Downfall did have a pretty good solo though, but nothing I haven't seen before, nothing unique in his playing. After seeing that I consider him a better guitarist than I did, but still very overrated. And if any of you fanboys flame me for expressing my opinion, you can **** off

Lol, it's okay, it's your opinion. I won't get all butthurt over it. Perhaps you might like this.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=2iLIhLv8LuY
Quote by Senor Kristian
Viking fact no. 4: One of your ancestors are likely to have been raped by a viking.
Quote by psychedelic14
Death - Crystal Mountain

Probably their easiest song.
evil dead is the easiest, besides the solo there are only two riffs through the entire song.
Quote by Karl Sanders
its like a four finger, diminished thingy
^No, it's summer by Vivaldi. Still I think it's really cool.
Quote by Senor Kristian
Mortician, make sure you change your strings to industrial wire first though.
Quote by Steve08
Acid probably makes you feel less like a hedonistic raver piece of trash, too.

Try some early Metallica, from the albums Kill 'Em All, Ride the Lightning, and Master of Puppets. Everything else is either too hard or too gay.
Quote by ch715dallat
Crytsal Mountain - Death
Bleak or Deliverance - Opeth
Mordecai - BTBAM

Mordecai is really hard to play, isn't it?
Last edited by Kastrator at Jun 1, 2008,
Quote by Riffmast
Mortician, make sure you change your strings to industrial wire first though.

Industrial barbed wire, for extra br00t4lz.

Quote by eggsandham2
+1 to Deathcrush. I wake up and go all the way to the basement just to play that song with the volume all the way up. I also like to play it in Guitar Center and other guitar stores at high volumes.
If you see me in the pit, know that I'm only there because the metal forum is moving slowly.
Quote by Sn^ke

i think nebarskan is a cool guy, eh wears a nile and doesnt afraid of anything

Quote by stanleybach
Aren't you proud to wear that Nile? You don't afraid of anything man!
Megadeth-Symphony of Destruction(minus the solo)
Obituary-Slowly We Rot
Exodus-Pirahna
Metallica-Motorbreath or Whiplash
Quote by flinny-tar
i can solo ok its just alot of COB solos are too fast for me =(

play the song called "chromatics and scales" by "your metronome". That'll make you get fast.

Nearly any Metallica or thrash song is easy. Work on making sure every time you pick you do alternate picking. you can learn economy and sweep later. alternate is the way to go when you start out. Learn Creeping Death, Fade to Black, Master of Puppets (for some good left-hand workout if you're really beginner), Harvester of Sorrow (for building up them power chord transitions for beginners), Hit the Lights, etc.
Also, Death's Evil Dead and Crystal Mountain are both relatively easy.

Any song you learn, just make sure to play it at a tempo where you consistently get every note right and do not strain yourself or go off the tempo. AND ALWAYS USE A METRONOME!!!

EDIT:

Vivaldi Winter (1) owns Vivaldi Summer. So much more grim and epic.

Quote by The Virtuoso
Yes, you sir win the internet!

Quote by saphrax
To put it crudely, every hole is a goal.

Last edited by bootyguard at Jun 2, 2008,
Venom - Buried Alive
Quote by Ultraussie
I want to try that while playing the opening riff to "Tempting Time".

0-0-0-13-0-0-0-0-13 or something like that alalalala but It;s so heavy and off time and awesome and you could not f**k anyone to it.

Quote by Ingested
burzum IS nazi. well, varg is.
slayer - dead skin mask
kreator - any song
Ibanez XPT707 Xiphos
Schecter C-7 Loomis FR

Mesa Boogie Mark III blue dot Coliseum

Mesa Traditional 4x12 v30's x EVM 12l's

THE SEVEN STRING LEGION
dead bury their dead by arch enemy is quite simple and sounds pretty cool
EATEN... My one desire, my only wish is to be--
EATEN

How do you start learning how to solo? I'm too broke for lessons and I have no idea what an arpeggio is.
I get very tense around apples...Well, I get very tense generally. I think I've fallen into the trap of blaming fruit.

Jeff

Peavey Studio Pro 112 for sale. Anyone want it?
An arpeggio is the notes of a chord played individually. Learn the blues scale and the major and minor scale, mess around with those, there you have most solos.
soloing is all about scales. deffinetely start learning music theory, easiest to start with is pentatonic scale and just try and solo over that, then either go major/minor or blues and then learn the one you didn't learn first after. By the way i say major/minor in the same section because the note positions are basically the same for them except they are in different order. For example, C Major has no flats and no sharps as does A minor.

Quote by The Virtuoso

Quote by saphrax
To put it crudely, every hole is a goal.

Quote by bootyguard
play the song called "chromatics and scales" by "your metronome". That'll make you get fast.

Nearly any Metallica or thrash song is easy. Work on making sure every time you pick you do alternate picking. you can learn economy and sweep later. alternate is the way to go when you start out. Learn Creeping Death, Fade to Black, Master of Puppets (for some good left-hand workout if you're really beginner), Harvester of Sorrow (for building up them power chord transitions for beginners), Hit the Lights, etc.
Also, Death's Evil Dead and Crystal Mountain are both relatively easy.

Any song you learn, just make sure to play it at a tempo where you consistently get every note right and do not strain yourself or go off the tempo. AND ALWAYS USE A METRONOME!!!

EDIT:

Vivaldi Winter (1) owns Vivaldi Summer. So much more grim and epic.l

Quote by Senor Kristian
Page 1 of 2