Hey, I'm currently looking at buying a delay pedal, specifically for that "Bloc Party" sound plus some slapback echo, reverse sounds and simple looping.

I was looking to buy either a DD-6 or DD-7, but reading some of the threads on here, doesn't seem likes its a good idea, because of tone sucking.

At the minute, on GAK the DD-6/7 are £99ish so I'm considering buying that tonight.

There's a lot of recommendations for the EH Stereo MemoryMan Hazarai/ Deluxe Memory Man, however, I have no need for Chorus, plus confused between them.

Could someone offer some tips and comparisons between the BOSS's and the EH (or others?)

My price range is £100 - £200.
My "Rig":

Fender American Telecaster
Boss OD-2
EHX Small Clone
EHX SMM avec HAZARAI
I'm not sure how the price matches up, but check out the Line 6 DL-4. That thing does EVERYTHING and it's arguably the best thing Line 6 has ever produced (in my opinion, anyway).

Oh, just to mention, I can get the Bloc Party sound with my $20 Behringer Delay. It was cheap, so I bought it, and it's not half bad. Obviously you have more money, so get something better, but I thought I'd throw it out there.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
Last edited by Sid McCall at Jun 1, 2008,
I got the DD6 for Christmas and I have nothing but good things to say about it. It's a seriously amazing pedal and I haven't noticed any tone sucking. I actually use it to get that "Bloc Party" sound and it works wonders. The looping function, while short, is fun to play with and the Warp function is great for really strange effects. Not to mention the reverse.

I have heard that the Memory Man line is a lot better, but its a lot more expensive. If you can afford one and you like the features, go for it, but I honestly think the DD-6 is a great buy.
^ Yeah, I hate Line 6 but that delay is pretty much the best one on the market. You can do everything with it, and what's more, it doesn't f*ck with your tone.
the storm is not the weather

Quote by XaosKnight
i just found out that unofficial tabs are illeagal. so does this mean its a sin for me to learn guitar that way. i think i may just quit guitar cuz its not gonna be fun any more
I've tried the DL-4 and didn't really like it for its delay features, however, for looping it's brilliant. Then again, it was a used unit, so could of been broken. The "chorus" effect on it was a bit of a joke.

In regards to the EH memoryman, which one would be best to go for, harazai/deluxe? The price difference isn't really an issue, at the moment, it's only looking between £40 - £60 difference (between the BOSS's and EH's) and I'm prepared to pay that for something better.
My "Rig":

Boss OD-2
EHX Small Clone
EHX SMM avec HAZARAI
i read somewhere that the Deluxe is better because it is analog delay and the one with Hazarai is Digital.
EHX Users Guild Member

B52 AT100 & AT412 Cab
Fender MIM Satin Strat
EHX Russian Big Muff
EHX Memory Man w/ Hazarai
EHX Holy Grail
Dan Electro EQ
Ibanez Weeping Demon Wah
Quote by Master Bait Her
i read somewhere that the Deluxe is better because it is analog delay and the one with Hazarai is Digital.

Just because the DMM is analog does not mean that it's better than the Hazarai.

Digital and Analog delays are both used for different things--one is not better than the other.
Co-Founder of the Orange Revolution Club

-Esp/Ltd Ec-1000 w/ BKP Mules
-2-channel Titan
-Oversized Bogner 2x12 Cabinet
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-T.C. Electronic Nova Delay
-Larrivee D-03R
Quote by Master Bait Her

Not necessarily true. Analogue and digital delays have different features. It all depends wht the TS wants.

Analogue: warmer, less crisp, better oscillation.
Digital: clearer, more delay time, better looping

That is a quick over-view of the differences.
Well, I've just been looking at the TC Nova Delay. I'm too indecisive. Looks pretty good though, versatile.

I want a pedal where I can easily select delay times, no tone sucking and "delay spillover". The option of presets isn't a big deal, obviously it's easier, but not important. The "oscilliation" is sort of important, I didn't mention it in the my original post, but I wouldn't mind a delay pedal that can pull off those wierd sounds well.
My "Rig":

Boss OD-2
EHX Small Clone
EHX SMM avec HAZARAI
I'm not sure if the Nova Delay can do that whole oscillation thing, but I know that you can control whether or not you want delay spillover. It's really not that hard to use, but it does take some time to figure out what does what.

Also, you may notice that it'll cut a bit of your treble out, but it's not that noticable.

-2-channel Titan
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-Larrivee D-03R
To Jimskee - I guess I need to find out about whether the Nova Delay can do the oscilliation, because it's definately something I want to use a delay for. I've been playing around with the delay on my synth and it's quite fun.

Just looked at your sig, any chance you can quickly try it for me?
My "Rig":

Boss OD-2
EHX Small Clone
EHX SMM avec HAZARAI
lol, thing is, i have no clue how to do it.

-2-channel Titan
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-Larrivee D-03R
Quote by Jinskee
lol, thing is, i have no clue how to do it.

Based on what I do with my synth's delay and any other vst, whack the feedback to full, with delay time set as needed. Play, then mess with delay time.

At least I think I do that..
My "Rig":

Boss OD-2
EHX Small Clone
EHX SMM avec HAZARAI
lol, i tried it

it works.

-2-channel Titan
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-Larrivee D-03R
Marshall Echohead Digital Delay. 7 modes, metal casing, true bypass.
MARSHALL JVM 210H
PEAVEY JSX
KRANK 412
MESA 412
FENDER STRATS
DIMARZIO
CELESTION