I have an ibanez jetking that i am thinking about upgrading the pickups on. i like the stock ones i have in right now, but i am rly looking for something that has more of that "wow" factor like my MIA strat does.

I'm looking for humbuckers with a really beefy, rough, vintage feel. Would something like the SD 59's be good? i need something with 4 conductor wires so that i can hook them up to the coil taps.

I am willing to spend around $200 (+/-)

thanks
Quote by Johansensan
sir, i would like to inform you that you are now my favorite UGer. Not only did you use the word y'all, which is native to my homeland, but you correctly punctuated it using the apostrophe.

Christian Guitarists
A Weekly Devotional
You should check out EVERY brand of pickups.
Dissonance is Bliss

Signal Chain:
Carvin CT-4
Ibanez TS-9
Carvin Quad-X
TC Electronics G-Major
Mesa/Boogie 2:90
Ear Candy BuzzBomb

Member #4 of the Carvin Club
Quote by supe18
A duncan invader might be worth looking at as well

arent invaders rather hot??

and that sounds like a good combo... hm...
Quote by Johansensan
sir, i would like to inform you that you are now my favorite UGer. Not only did you use the word y'all, which is native to my homeland, but you correctly punctuated it using the apostrophe.

Christian Guitarists
A Weekly Devotional
WCR Darkburst
Now it's 1984
Knock knock at your front door
It's the suede denim secret police
They have come for your un-cool niece
EMG's, Seymour Duncans, (Invaders of Blackouts). they are good.
ΙΓΘΝζΑ
か゚つてへこ
Bareknuckle Mule's.

Amazing calibrated set
Quote by demoniacfashion
Is there any black people on UG?
I don't think a lot of black people play guitar anymore.

Quote by Oasis-fanatic
they all kinda went extinct after hendrix really.

Needless to say, I lol'ed.

Quote by human panda
Appart from being on UG or wanking, thats what i mostly do
Quote by Ironza

Are you kidding? You just suggested 3 very high- gain pickups.
Quote by Ironza

None of those would really give the beefy, vintage feel.

The majority of the loose, rough sound of PAF's comes from the fact that they're not wound hot at all.

All of those are good pickups, but wouldn't get him anywhere close to what he's looking for.
Now it's 1984
Knock knock at your front door
It's the suede denim secret police
They have come for your un-cool niece
yea, to be more specific, i like vintage wound pickups a lot. not rly because i play classic rock, but because i think they tend to have the cleans im looking for, and i like playing on high gain channels with them . the only exception to this rule has been my MIA noiseless pups. i love those things. however, i dont want my jet king to sound like my strat
Quote by Johansensan

Christian Guitarists
A Weekly Devotional
i use Gibson reissue '57 pickups, and they are fantastic. The sound is raw, vintage, and versatile. They're not so hot that they feed back all the time, but they sure do scream when you play hard.
Quote by Ghold125
i would look at a new amp...but +1 to the alnico II in the neck

i would too if it would make any sense. im going to be in a dorm, and i'm going to be playing through a boss ME-50 most of the time. getting a nice tube amp right before moving into a college dorm for 4 years just doesnt make any sense
Quote by Johansensan

Christian Guitarists
A Weekly Devotional
Quote by Ghold125
then it doesn't make sense to waste $200 on pickups

Yes it does... if he's looking to upgrade his tone, has $200 to spend, and a new amp is out of the question, then a pickup swap makes the most sense. Especially since stock Ibanez pickups suck.
Quote by hrdcorelaxplaya
If it were me, I'd go with an SD Pearly Gates in the bridge and an Alnico II in the neck.

That sounds like a good suggestion.