Right, i've been told that while i live at this house im never gonna be able to play without headphones, not in the garage or at low volumes in my room because aparently the walls and floors are so crap they let sound through like that.

So i need a good amp that can sound half decent with headphones on and hopefully i want it to take pedals quite well. Budget isnt a problem because if im gonna use it for 3 years until i move out then meh.

Open to any suggestions and if it makes a difference, my headphones are Sennheisser HD202s. Please dont suggest just a multi effects because then i'd have only that and wouldnt be able to hear some pedals
My metal is more br00t4lz than yours

Gear:
Squier Strat
ESP B-10 Bass
Peavey Backstage
Last edited by Taylor704 at Jun 1, 2008,
try a Vox amplug... not really good but i couldn't find anything better Beside MFX.
by the way i dont understand why you dont want Multi FX... i think the best would be a Pod X3 or a Roland Micro BR.
Quote by HUNYeti
by the way i dont understand why you dont want Multi FX... i think the best would be a Pod X3 or a Roland Micro BR.

Because then im only limited to the effects that the multi effects offers, no matter how good they sound its not the real thing its just an imitation

Gear:
Squier Strat
ESP B-10 Bass
Peavey Backstage
no, you can use your own effect true the multifx... i think the X3 has effect loop. btw the with the vox amp plug you cant use your effect... i tried.. but sounded like ****.
bump, looking for some other opinions/suggestions

Gear:
Squier Strat
ESP B-10 Bass
Peavey Backstage
get a pod, they sound great through headphones - you might need an extension lead for the headphones to get to you though.

"The mind is its own place, and in itself

Can make a Heav'n of Hell, a Hell of Heav'n"

- John Milton, Paradise Lost
Quote by metallicafan616
get a pod, they sound great through headphones - you might need an extension lead for the headphones to get to you though.

what kind of pod would you recommend if im gonna use it for about 4 years? Budget isnt a problem really im gonna make extensive use out of it

Gear:
Squier Strat
ESP B-10 Bass
Peavey Backstage
A Pod X3 would be pretty good for you (or a Boss GT-10 or whatever it is). Something like that, probably.
Quote by Lunchbox362
This thread if fail in almost every way imaniganable.
Quote by stangconv
You could get a Roland Microcube...

It has headphone out...

Yeah but it doesnt really have a wide variety of effects...

Gear:
Squier Strat
ESP B-10 Bass
Peavey Backstage
Quote by forsaknazrael
As you play guitar more and more, you discover that you don't really NEED that many effects.

Honestly, I'd be fine with a wah and some reverb, going straight into my amp.

maybe..but where i play such a wide variety of music its nice to have the effects when you need it. Its just...i dont wanna waste my money buying a load of amps and effects when i'll never really be able to play aloud at home and im just trying to get the best sound i can whilst at home.

I dont know of many amps that sound decent with headphones and would do something like an MIM Strat with effects pedals justice

Gear:
Squier Strat
ESP B-10 Bass
Peavey Backstage
Last edited by Taylor704 at Jun 3, 2008,
Seriously, you'd be surprised at how few effects it takes for most bands to play their songs.

I really think you're sweating the small stuff.
The Roland MicroCube IS the best thing you can buy at a lower budget, for amps that have headphone outputs.

Shouldn't you worry more about just playing the music you like, than sounding EXACTLY like the music like?