im gonna save up for a Peavey JSX head, but i dont want to get a 412 cab with it. SOOOOO im probably gonna just go with a 212, but what kind of 212 cab can i get thats good for metal?
Peavey XXX combo *upgraded screen resistors, Tung-Sol's, and 6L6's*
Schecter Syn Std. * modded, scalloped, and worn*
Schecter C-1 Elite *still sexy*
Ibanez AEL 12-string

"He who sticks his dick in peanut butter is fucking nuts"
Mesa Boogie Rectifier cab. 2x12 aren't as easy to find as the 4x12, but they are out there. I've been looking for a new head and this is the cab I'm going with. They are well known for their low-end response and are commonly used by many metal guitarists.
Quote by Article
She pulled off his left testicle and tried to swallow it, before spitting it out. A friend handed it back to Mr Jones saying "That's yours"

Wii Is For Queers! Co-Founder Of The "We Hate Wii" Club
Return to a Condition of Being...<-Band. Add plz!
Definitely the Recto 2x12, but another option would be the Marshall 1936, which are a little more common and also have a decent amount of low-end.
Ibanez RGA121 | ESP LTD H-1000
Axe-FX Standard
Mesa Boogie Recto cab, or an Earcandy Buzzbomb with either Vintage 30s, G12T-75s, or Earcandy Green Machine speakers.
Are Avatar cabs comparable to the recto 212s because Ive been looking at both and I could but a new Avatar for max 330 or so whereas a recto 212 will cost me like 400 or so...
Get yourself a Vader 2x12. You won't look back once you get one.

And have you played a JSX? Its not really a metal amp. I mean it can do high gain fine, but its pretty bright.
2008 Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Currently amp-less!

Fund My GAS
Quote by rwalby9
Get yourself a Vader 2x12. You won't look back once you get one.

And have you played a JSX? Its not really a metal amp. I mean it can do high gain fine, but its pretty bright.

yeah, i tried it this morning at GC. i compared it to a 6505, and a B-52 and it was best. i really like a searing metal sound thats bright, idk why. lol

and my price range for a 212 would be around or under $300, cause i'll be dishing out about $840 for the head. im shooting for, all together, around $1,000.
Peavey XXX combo *upgraded screen resistors, Tung-Sol's, and 6L6's*
Schecter Syn Std. * modded, scalloped, and worn*
Schecter C-1 Elite *still sexy*
Ibanez AEL 12-string

"He who sticks his dick in peanut butter is fucking nuts"
save up just a little more and get a Vader 2x12 you can get them brand new for 399.99 so probly about 450ish after shipping and all. tight articulate and big bottom end. Vader cabs are great cabs for metal