Poll: would you want a girl to go out with you just because you play guitar?
Poll Options
View poll results: would you want a girl to go out with you just because you play guitar?
yes
64 41%
no
91 59%
Voters: 155.
Page 1 of 2
I meantt to say no. I wouldn't want a chick to go out with me becuase i can play guitar, I would want a chick to go out with me becuase she likes how i play my flute. If you get my meaning.
Guitars:
Schecter C-1+ Black Cherry FMT
2008 American Standard Stratocaster Candy Cola

AMPS:
Fender G-DEC
Fender Dyna-touch III Stage 1000
Vox Valvetronix XL AD30VTXL

Pedals:
DOD Supradistortion FX-55B (w/ Boost)
Quote by SovietSpartan
I meantt to say no. I wouldn't want a chick to go out with me becuase i can play guitar, I would want a chick to go out with me because she likes how i play my flute. If you get my meaning.

You can perform fellatio on yourself?
Quote by jake911

If I could auto-fellate , I would have said how i play with my flute. There is a slight difference. Sorry to disappoint you.
Guitars:
Schecter C-1+ Black Cherry FMT
2008 American Standard Stratocaster Candy Cola

AMPS:
Fender G-DEC
Fender Dyna-touch III Stage 1000
Vox Valvetronix XL AD30VTXL

Pedals:
DOD Supradistortion FX-55B (w/ Boost)
one night stand/friends with benefits: sure, why not.
romantic relationship: no
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
they wouldnt like me if i played guitar anyway because i would refuse to play all those lame songs that they like
Quote by Tubyboulin
Yes. id want a chick to date me just because i play guitar

yes. Im That desperate

You should also be desperate for a grammar lesson.

You knew that was coming

I was joking BTW.
Quote by noj
Go out? No.

Bone? Yes!

i second that
Ibanez VBT700 V-Blade
Ibanez RG220B
Dean Vendetta 1.0
Peavey Valveking 112
Digitech XMM Metal Master
Digitech RP80 Multi Effects
Dunlop Crybaby 535Q
Boss NS-2 Noise Suppressor
My trying to get it on with this girl who likes my writing skills, and she doesn't go "OMTGZ TEH CHORDS IS TEH MELLOWZZZ" every time I play an Emajor7th with an open high E. She also likes me personality, and the fact that i am a deranged anti-social human being...to an extent, but still. I would never go out with a girl solely based on my guitar skills, that would be horrible.
Holy ****, 50/50 split exactly.
Quote by Diet_coke_head
I love taking a nice dip of some horse shit, so good.
Quote by Graveworm
You should also be desperate for a grammar lesson.

You knew that was coming

I was joking BTW.

My french teacher, upon correcting my english translation of a sentence, told me I had the gramatical capabilities of a third grader.

I'm usually a lot better in school, though.
Quote by thankyougermany
Holy ****, 50/50 split exactly.

Still is after I voted... weird.

But I voted no.
Quote by Lunchbox362
This thread if fail in almost every way imaniganable.
No, I'm a bassist, much stronger fingers.
Quote by Deliriumbassist

My two pennies- theory. Learn it.
Skills. Get them.
Hair. Grow it to your ass.

Quote by Dempsey68
i can only keep it up for about 30 seconds before my fingers cramp up =[

Quote by Horsedick.MPEG
Sorry, but because you listen to Tool doesn't mean you're intelligent.
Quote by Kid_Thorazine
one night stand/friends with benefits: sure, why not.
romantic relationship: no

+1. A one night stand wouldn't be too bad, but a whole romantic relationship because of my guitar? Probably not, but she'd have to be mind-blowingly hot.
Quote by RoamingConflict
In Soviet Russia, GAS deals with you.

Quote by Lumiere Rouge
A reviewer on Amazon.com reviewing an album by the band "HiM", said that HiM is "fag metal".
Can someone explain to me what is this sub genre of fag metal? I have never heard it before.
The answer to the thread starters from me is no, maybe a one night stand type thing but after that i'd want nothing much more to do with them. Shallow sluts are not the kind of people i want to spend time with.

I think probably the majority of guys who play guitar and the maybe the majority of guitar playes who use these forums are playing guitar for no reason other than getting their cocks sucked.

For me its all about creating music (maybe i am even kidding myself!).

I'm a bit of a metalhead but metal guitar players are among the worst for not playing guitar for music reasons, just playing to live a rock n roll lifestyle. nothing wrong with that but don't talk to me about music if you are one of these people.

I'll also risk pissing a load of people off by suggesing that some of the famous guitar players obsessed with image like Kerry King and Dimebag Darrell are in it for the same reason, the lifestyle and ****ing women (or guys if you are in avenged sevenfold)

and don't be telling me the two aforementioned guitarists are not image obsessed, just look at themselves, the guitars they play and the limits they have put on their musical output in the face of expectation and conformity. All of this is why both have **** tone and play with zero soul in my opinion. To all fanboys of these two players, you can **** off right now. Especially the Dimebag fanboys who have inadvertantly and stupidly, collectively discredited everything they say and have helped to put a massive smear on the guy himself. I think its fair to say that dimebag is now one of the most loved but also most annoying guitar players of modern times, i am sure there are people who positively hate the guy now because of all the **** that fanboys have thrown at people bigging the guy up, something which the majority felt no need to do until he got shot. I thought he seemed a decent guy and he obviously had some skills, i'm not a fan of his stuff though.

but i digress, yeah loads of guys play to get their cocks sucked and its a shame because music could evolve and progress so much quicker without such a mentality.

edit: bit of a crude rant there that seems a bit harsh on metal guys but i just said what i felt at the time.
Last edited by Sepulturick at Jun 1, 2008,
One night? Hell yea. Long term? Negative hq.

Edit: seems my point has already been made. Some smart fellas here.
Quote by Sepulturick
The answer to the thread starters from me is no, maybe a one night stand type thing but after that i'd want nothing much more to do with them. Shallow sluts are not the kind of people i want to spend time with.

I thinkThe majority of guys who play guitar and the majority of guitar playes who use these forums are playing guitar for no reason other than getting their cocks sucked.

For me its all about creating music (maybe i am even kidding myself!).

I'm a bit of a metalhead but metal guitar players are among the worst for not playing guitar for music reasons, just playing to live a rock n roll lifestyle. nothing wrong with that but don't talk to me about music if you are one of these people.

I'll also risk pissing a load of idiots off by suggesing that some of the famous guitar players obsessed with image like Kerry King and Dimebag Darrell are in it for the same reason, the lifestyle and ****ing women (or guys if you are in avenged sevenfold).

and don't be telling me the two aforementioned guitarists are not image obsessed, just look at themselves, the guitars they play and the limits they have put on their musical output in the face of expectation and conformity. All of this is why both have **** tone and play with zero soul in my opinion. To all fanboys of these two players, you can **** off right now. Especially the Dimebag fanboys who have inadvertantly and stupidly, collectively discredited everything they say and have helped to put a massive smear on the guy himself. I think its fair to say that dimebag is now one of the most loved but also most annoying guitar players of modern times, i am sure there are people who positively hate the guy now because of all the **** that fanboys have thrown at people bigging the guy up, something which the majority felt no need to do until he got shot. I thought he seemed a decent guy and he obviously had some skills, i'm not a fan of his stuff though.

but i digress, yeah loads of guys play to get their cocks sucked and its a shame because music could evolve and progress so much quicker without such a mentality.

^ this.

Also, metalhead tends to focus more on technically than music as well, which buggers me right off. It's all "Pft that solo sucked it was only five notes in three seconds!". That and trying to out brootal each other.
Blackstar HT-5

Agile AL-2000 with Chrome Hardware
Nice post Sep

I voted no since shallowness such as clinging to someone for superficial or hero reasons won't ever last.
Quote by TheQuailman
Only intelligent answer so far.

Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
its because your good with your hands

i said no, but yes if she is insanely hot. i would try to make it work. pretty shallow of me.
Last edited by MRavioli at Jun 1, 2008,
no but it comes with the guitar playing. you can never know if they like you just for guitar even i they do.
Jackson RR5 ivory w/ EMG 81/85
Jackson DX6 w/ SD Distortion & Dimarzio Super Distortion
Fender Starcaster Sunburst
Mesa/Boogie DC-3
Johnson JT50 Mirage
Ibanez TS-9
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Boss CE-5

ISP Decimator
Boss DD-6
Korg Pitchblack
If you are in a band and somewhat known then it counts as social proof, which might help.
lol.
Scar tissue that I wish you saw
Sarcastic mister know it all
Close your eyes and I’ll kiss you ’cause
With the birds I’ll share...
Quote by jake911

hahaha i made your avatar.
Quote by Jackintehbox
Pedophilia all the way man. Go for it.

Quote by deathbat831
hahaha i thought you wrote Philidelphia all the way, i was like yeah philidelphias cool i spose

Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
I'm always too embarrassed to buy condoms. Saran wrap is cheaper, anyway.
I've yet to see anyone I know have people clinging to them because they play guitar or any instrument for that matter

It's still a really ugly person holding an instrument haha

not much you can about that.
I want chicks to bang me because im a good guitar player, no realitionship afterwards.
Gear:
Schecter c1+
Peavey Raptor exp

Vox ad30vt
If I want chicks to dig me because of my guitar, I might want to consider one hell of an upgrade in my equipment. hehehe
Quote by Sepulturick

Jeez, this was about whether you'd be using the guitar to get chicks, not how much you hate KK and Dimebag and all their fanboys (even if their fanboys are usually raging ****s.) Stay focused. Also, I would not use guitar to get chicks, I'm not that pathetic. A friend of mine tries to do it all the time and it's annoying because he doesn't get any anyway and makes up stories that everyone knows is preconceived garbage.
Gear:
Schecter 006 Elite
Dean VX
Some Memphis 3/4th Strat copy
Peavey Vypyr Tube 60w
Page 1 of 2