is there a method to work out where to attach a bridge to a bass so the intonation will be correct?
im going to try and install seperate single bridges for each string so i can get the string distance right.

thanks
xx
Fender Geddy Lee Jazz
Warwick Corvette $$
Rockbass Streamer Fretless
Hartke HA5000
SWR Triad

Quote by Victory2134
I happen to enjoy every mankiss from shinhoman.
Last edited by shinhoman at Jun 1, 2008,
thats risky bro, I've never tried replacing any of mine. You could always just pay someone who knows what they're doing to do it, and hopefully they would let you watch, or deal with the bridge you have
The scale length determines the placement of the bridge. To be honest, you probably shouldn't be doing this if you don't know that.

The scale length for a normal bass is 34", or double the length from the nut to the 12th fret of your bass. That's where you should place the bridge.
In the bass chat:

<Jon> take the quote of me out your sig plx
<Jon> i hate seeing what i said around lol

Leader of the Bass Militia PM to join!

And now on BANDCAMP!

Officially the funniest member of the Bass Forum.
well you'd kinda be screwed if you changed to a different style of strings, the intonation would be off again. I'd just stick to using the intonation adjusters on the bridge.... unless your bridge doesn't let you adjust intonation, then you're in a predicament
Quote by Nutter_101
The scale length determines the placement of the bridge. To be honest, you probably shouldn't be doing this if you don't know that.

The scale length for a normal bass is 34", or double the length from the nut to the 12th fret of your bass. That's where you should place the bridge.

yeah i though it might be this, i just wanted to make sure

thanks xx
Fender Geddy Lee Jazz
Warwick Corvette $$
Rockbass Streamer Fretless
Hartke HA5000
SWR Triad

Quote by Victory2134
I happen to enjoy every mankiss from shinhoman.