Ive been thinking about customizing my Mexican Strat and was pondering on the idea of putting a Seymour Duncan Invader where my Humbucker is right now. My question is, I do not have a lot of experience with customizing so would this be difficult to do? Also, is an Invader worth the price or should I leave it the way it is?
Fan of the Ottawa Senators

Quote by apak
My G string keeps slipping when i bend it.
Any suggestions?
Changing a pickup is actually really easy if you could have somebody show you. Take it to a guitar place and they'll show you how.

And whether an invader is worth it is dependent on whether your amp is any good or not. If you have a good amp, go for it. If your amp is ****, then go buy a new amp and worry about pickups later.
Quote by rebelmidget
I do believe you just used Blink 182 and hard rock in the same sentence. It would seem you're rather confused.
I have a quote in my signature! And it makes fun of blink-182! I'm cool now!

[Obligatory link to my band's MySpace]
im not 'worried' about pickups, but im just wondering if like the change from the Strat stock pickups to an Invader will be worth the price? Also how much do you think a guitar repair place would charge for something like that?
Fan of the Ottawa Senators

Quote by apak
My G string keeps slipping when i bend it.
Any suggestions?
Depends on what you play...
If you play metal,punk,punk rock or anything that has to do with great distortion....go for it.
I play punk and punk rock...with a VK 212...it can sure kick some a*s.
I've put it into a squire...
It rocks
1. You're surfing the internet.
2. You're browsing through the UG forums.
3. You're reading now.
5. You didn't notice that there was no #4.
6. You just checked it.
7. Now you're having a lil smile.

Quote by hawk_kst
You Sir, have the best signature like ever!
Quote by shpangler
Ive been thinking about customizing my Mexican Strat and was pondering on the idea of putting a Seymour Duncan Invader where my Humbucker is right now. My question is, I do not have a lot of experience with customizing so would this be difficult to do? Also, is an Invader worth the price or should I leave it the way it is?

i love the sound of mine!!!!!!
Quote by shpangler

The invader's a pretty horrible pickup, but whether you'll get any benefit with regards to the money spent really depends on your amp.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
whats funny is i have the exact same guitar, except standard knobs and white single coils, i do have the black invader at the bridge, best choice
Quote by steven seagull
The invader's a pretty horrible pickup, but whether you'll get any benefit with regards to the money spent really depends on your amp.

It is not a horrible pickup, but realize that it is designed for high gain tones. It does those very well, but you will be resorting to your neck and middle pickups for cleans. I have the invader along with a pair of Lace Sensors, and am quite happy with the range of tones.