Wanted some opinions on the guitar I plan on getting. But wait! This isn't the obligitory "LOLZ, DO I GET A IBANEZ DINKY OR DA DEAN CUSTOME ZONE!?!" Thread!

I've found me a gem, a 1980 Peavy-T-60.

The only problem is that it's going to be shipped to me (previous owner says there is no damage), and while the 15$ to ship it back in case something goes wrong is nothing, I was wondering if anyone else had good experiences with this guitar..

Thanks.
My current ghetto setup:

Crate VC508 (Needs new speaker and pots BADLEY.)
Fender R15
Peavey T-60
Original LPB-1
BBE Sonic Maximizer (rack)
Last edited by Thelastrilo at Feb 18, 2009,
All I know from it is that it's got a near-mythical status and that it weighs like hell.

And that's not from experience, I heard it somewhere.
Quote by primusfan
It wasn't mean, it was Portuguese.

Master Saruwatari of the Pit Samurai Pm theguitarist to join

Membro do clube Português do UG.
Quote by jmag
All I know from it is that it's got a near-mythical status and that it weighs like hell.

And that's not from experience, I heard it somewhere.

Yeah, that's I've heard. I've also heard that it's american made and either maple or ash.

HELL. I'm all up for paying 200$ for an american made classic with a hardcase.
My current ghetto setup:

Crate VC508 (Needs new speaker and pots BADLEY.)
Fender R15
Peavey T-60
Original LPB-1
BBE Sonic Maximizer (rack)
For $200, it sounds like a damned good deal.
Quote by primusfan
It wasn't mean, it was Portuguese.

Master Saruwatari of the Pit Samurai Pm theguitarist to join

Membro do clube Português do UG.
Those guitars are just amazing. All of the old American made Peaveys are amazing, but the T series is just the cream of the crop.
Now it's 1984
Knock knock at your front door
It's the suede denim secret police
They have come for your un-cool niece
ive got one
they are not lying when they say they are heavy
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Better than hooked on crack, I suppose. I'd rather know my kids are safe at home beating their meat than out in the world robbing old women for their crack fix.

Quote by *sigh*
What a huge coincidence. I have a butthole also.
Youve got a helluvah Deal there, they really are Quality instruments but....

Consult your Doctor first before playing a T-Series guitar, and do not use a T-Series if you have heart and/or Back problems. common side effects of the T-Series are back pain and solos mad of Pure Win.

Quote by Tubyboulin
Youve got a helluvah Deal there, they really are Quality instruments but....

Consult your Doctor first before playing a T-Series guitar, and do not use a T-Series if you have heart and/or Back problems. common side effects of the T-Series are back pain and solos mad of Pure Win.

dude your not kidding

they are heavy...i hope you dont like to play standing up that much...good guitar, good sound, frets ez...but the weight...its like picking up a tree and strapping it on your back...but its a good guitar...
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Better than hooked on crack, I suppose. I'd rather know my kids are safe at home beating their meat than out in the world robbing old women for their crack fix.

Quote by *sigh*
What a huge coincidence. I have a butthole also.