I mean like Guns N roses, Black sabbath, Ozzy, Iron Maiden, Van Halen, Metallica or what model of wah is best. thanks a ton.
Last edited by guitar1212god at Jun 2, 2008,
Dude, I would definitely go for Jim Dunlop wah pedals. Slash, Zakk Wylde, Dimebag and Van Halen all have their own Dunlop endorsed wah pedals. I recently got one and it's pretty good and u get all sorts of different options with them.
No company is best for anything. It's specific models you should be looking at.

Slash has a signature Crybaby. It's the best sounding of all the crybaby's I've tried.
Dissonance is Bliss

Signal Chain:
Carvin CT-4
Ibanez TS-9
Carvin Quad-X
TC Electronics G-Major
Mesa/Boogie 2:90
Ear Candy BuzzBomb

Member #4 of the Carvin Club
I prefer Morley to Dunlop. I find Dunlop quite weak sounding.

Also check out Vox Wah's, they're meant to be really good. Another is the Ibanez Weeping Demon. I haven't heard this but it's one you should look at.

Avoid the Behringer Wah at all costs.

EDIT: If your looking for a specific wah sound of a favourite guitarist, research his rig and find out what he uses.
Flap it and enjoy yourself...

Xbox Live GT = The Donkey Fly
'...and those who fought on that day of honor, the day of victory shall be forever remembered as Lime Green' - Oct 31st 08
RMC is the way to go with wah pedals.
Quote by doggy_hat
This chick that looked like shrek ****ed me while I was passed out on xanax. I screamed when I woke up.
the only good dunlop(which is an extremely versatile pedal) is the 535q. its not cheap though, but well worth. i had one, then had to sell it. it was an amazing pedal though. check out morley pedals also, i have heard great things about them also
Quote by BleedDeathMetal
RMC is the way to go with wah pedals.

LISTEN TO THIS MAN

RMCs, are awesome wah pedals, but they are botique

What is your budget?
dunlop 535q would only run you $130 (assuming you're in the states). Vox wahs aren't the best for higher gain stuff, and the weeping demon should be avoided at all times.
Quote by pedaler466
Shreadhead22 had nothing helpful to say to me. He just immediatly started being a prick.

Quote by Yngwi3
Shredhead's advice is the best in the thread.

-Mesa Roadster
-Mesa 4x12
-'93 Gibby LP studio
-535q
-CE5/DD-220
-TS9dx
-EB volume
-Shure Wireless
when u guys say the dunlop 535q r u talking bout the multi-wah . plz send post a link. thanks alot
midnight murk please tell me how it is and if it would work with the bands named in the orignial post
Quote by guitar1212god
midnight murk please tell me how it is and if it would work with the bands named in the orignial post

It will....i've used one for a couple years now
Quote by pedaler466
Shreadhead22 had nothing helpful to say to me. He just immediatly started being a prick.

Quote by Yngwi3

-Mesa Roadster
-Mesa 4x12
-'93 Gibby LP studio
-535q
-CE5/DD-220
-TS9dx
-EB volume
-Shure Wireless
Last edited by shredhead22 at Jun 2, 2008,
ok thanks but just let me knwo how it works in general. like sound quality on each setting with and without distoretion etc. thanks .
The weeping demon is great... i has one

I'm not very good with a wah though
Quote by alkalineweeman
If by "clean" you mean "get a finger right up in there and do a good bit of spelunking" then i guess "at any given opportunity" is my answer.

mah hardcore band
http://monstersvsaliens.bandcamp.com/
Quote by Vandals572
The weeping demon is great... i has one

I'm not very good with a wah though

I've never liked the sweep on the WD, that was the first wah I ever bought and always regretted it. It's just felt shoddy, and the wah sweep just never seemed to cut through enough. I did like the auto-manual feature on it, but i never used the auto enough to justify keeping it. But as far as sound goes, i think the Dunlop 535 kills the WD anyday.
Quote by pedaler466

Quote by Yngwi3

-Mesa Roadster
-Mesa 4x12
-'93 Gibby LP studio
-535q
-CE5/DD-220
-TS9dx
-EB volume
-Shure Wireless