im learning this piece and it requires you to pick each note and vibrate them with the whammy bar

my question is what is the best way to grab the whammy bar? to have alot of control and speed

sing your whammy bar, pick notes and vibrate them gently, but very quickly. You've
be light on the whammy bar otherwise it'll just sound out of tune.
e|---------------------------------------|--------------------------------------|
B|---------------------------------------|--------------------------------------|
G|---------------------------------------|--------------------------------------|
D|-5---4--2--0-----2--4--5----4--2--0----|-1----2--4--2---5--7--8----7--8--9----|
A|---------------------------------------|--------------------------------------|
E|---------------------------------------|--------------------------------------|

e|----------------|----------------|----------------|----------------------|
B|----------------|----------------|----------------|----------------------|
G|-8---5--0--7----|-8---7--5--3----|-7---5--3--5----|-3--1--3----4----5----|
D|----------------|----------------|----------------|----------------------|
A|----------------|----------------|----------------|----------------------|
E|----------------|----------------|----------------|----------------------|
my guitar stuff:
ESP JH-600
ValveKing 112
DigiTech Whammy Pedal
Taylor 314CE
Dunlop SW-95 Slash Wah Pedal
Cordoba C7 Nylon String Acoustic Guitar
Metal muff
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster Ash
I'd hold the pick normally and place the bar between my index and middle fingers. The bar will rest on the hand, and should be "above" the pick area, so to speak. It's largely a matter of personal comfort though.
Quote by :-D
I'd hold the pick normally and place the bar between my index and middle fingers. The bar will rest on the hand, and should be "above" the pick area, so to speak. It's largely a matter of personal comfort though.

I agree
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Quote by :-D

+1
Yeah, just whats comfortable for you. Personally, when I play with trems, I hold them between my pinky and ring fingers, and pick normally, and then I just divebomb or pull up when I need to.

My things:
Bowes SLx7
Washburn WG587
Washburn X40Pro
Washburn X50
Washburn HM24
Washburn WR150
Laguna LE200s
Arietta Acoustic
First Act
Valveking 112
VHT Deliverance

Ah, Knights Of Cydonia...

As proven by Matt Bellamy hold the tip of the bar in your hand between you middle finger and pinky and use your index finger and thumb for the pick. Easy.

When you get to Hysteria you'll have fun with this technique, and New Born isn't bad for it either.
Yeah, just whats comfortable for you. Personally, when I play with trems, I hold them between my pinky and ring fingers, and pick normally, and then I just divebomb or pull up when I need to.

i was trying to look for the best way but i guess i just try to copy steve vai or satriani hand on the whammy bar they got really amazing control over it im still not sure how they do it though
my guitar stuff:
ESP JH-600
ValveKing 112
DigiTech Whammy Pedal
Taylor 314CE
Dunlop SW-95 Slash Wah Pedal
Cordoba C7 Nylon String Acoustic Guitar
Metal muff
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster Ash
Quote by stefan1988
i was trying to look for the best way but i guess i just try to copy steve vai or satriani hand on the whammy bar they got really amazing control over it im still not sure how they do it though

Haha, yeah, years of practice, thats how they do it man, years and years of practice

My things:
Bowes SLx7
Washburn WG587
Washburn X40Pro
Washburn X50
Washburn HM24
Washburn WR150
Laguna LE200s
Arietta Acoustic
First Act
Valveking 112
VHT Deliverance

I put the whammy bar under my hand and let friction hold it in place as I hold my pick with my thumb and index.
hue