im looking at two amps the first is

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Randall-RX120RH-and-RX412-Half-Stack?sku=481735

the second

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Randall-RG50TC-50W-1x12-Guitar-Combo-Amp?sku=481197

i play alot of metal stuff like all that remains, lamb of god, and i need a good amp that can achieve hi gain, but at the same time i want an amp that can go over drums and bass and other guitars, the other guitarist in my band uses a 100 watt marshall and i want something that can make me be heard as good as him, im not sure if the 50 watt can do that, any help is gladly appreciated.
Definietly the second. It's a 50 W tube amp, so it's ****'n loud, and sounds so much better than the 120 W SS half-stack.
By the way, you don't need a half-stack. A combo is much more practical.
And as far as I know, that Randall can go pretty heavey.
But you should also check out those B-52 amps, I heard good things about them. People say it's a poor man's Mesa.

(I guess the other guitarist uses a Marshall MG, in which case you're going to sound superb compared to him if you buy a tube amp, or well... any amp )
Quote by saltysnail
You're going to be much louder than he is, and sound 10x better.
I'd get the rg50tc.

+1
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
Quote by rrhoads47
yea he has the mg halfstack

Seeing as how this is the case you should be so much loader than him it's not even funny, but if he's got a half stack it might even out because he'll be pushing more air than you. Either way, get the RG50TC, it'll blow his tone out of the water.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Because tube amps are (or seem) louder per watt than SS amps but because the randall only has the one speaker it won't be pushing as much air; you'll probably seem louder anyway but it won't be too big of a difference I shouldn't think.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
the randall only has the one speaker it won't be pushing as much air; you'll probably seem louder anyway but it won't be too big of a difference I shouldn't think.

I thought that too, but if the TS angles the amp upwards it will pack more of a punch I think - It'll obviously be pushing the same amout of air but it'll be pushing it in the right place
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
Quote by Yngwi3
I thought that too, but if the TS angles the amp upwards it will pack more of a punch I think - It'll obviously be pushing the same amout of air but it'll be pushing it in the right place

Even though that may be true I don't think that'll be necessary, the difference in the real power values leads me to think that the RG50TC will be able to handle it anyway.

Quote by Master Foo

Album.
Legion.