Has anyone read Trick of the Mind or one of his books where he reveals his trick to remembering a large list of random items within a few seconds? I would like to know because I have an exam tomorrow and am having trouble remembering all of my equations.
I already know the story one where you make a story of the things you have to remember but unfortunately it doesn't work well with equations.
you have to memorize equations for exams, damn that's sort of a waste of time, I've never had to do that, even in advanced physics we where allowed to have an index card with relevant equations on it.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Quote by CorvetteRick
Library? New/used bookstore?

I know the equations, its just a couple of them that I forget and have to refer back to my notes to refresh my memory.
in all seriousness, write them on your hand before going into the exam.

in between the fingers or something

copy onto paper when you get it

rub off of fingers
Quote by lukephillips000
in all seriousness, write them on your hand before going into the exam.

in between the fingers or something

copy onto paper when you get it

rub off of fingers

Good idea, my mates brother for one of his exams wrote loads of notes on tiny bits of paper and placed them on his lap then just ate them when he was done
I have derrens book and i can tell you that you need tp practice those techniques. You cant use those techniques if you have an exam tommorrow.

You should buy the book anyway. Very nice to read.
I saw that show, doubt it would work though.

And tbh, with physics and stuff, there's only a select number of equations you need to learn, a lot of them are combinations of other equations. If you can remember / work out where the equation came from it could help you remember
FALKIRK

We'll win something someday

Quote by Minkaro
Falkirk is the home of runners up.

Check out my Tunes
Quote by heidewolf
I have derrens book and i can tell you that you need tp practice those techniques. You cant use those techniques if you have an exam tommorrow.

You should buy the book anyway. Very nice to read.

I'm buying all of his books when my exams are over and I have time to read them Shame I can't use any techniques for the equations. Ahh well, at least the story method will work for ethics on Tuesday

Quote by Random88
I saw that show, doubt it would work though.

And tbh, with physics and stuff, there's only a select number of equations you need to learn, a lot of them are combinations of other equations. If you can remember / work out where the equation came from it could help you remember

I'm doing AS level maths. There aren't that many to be honest, I'm just so stressed in case I forget them.
who says making stories doesn't work? for my chemistry final (or something) a couple of my friends made up stupid little sentences to remember some equations and they actually helped me. like one of mine was something along the lines of Boyle's equation was Psub1 Vsub1 = 2sub2 Vsub2 and the sentence was Boyle Pimps Vehicles or something..but they really can help if you make it something easy to remember.

or just cheat your bloody a** off. either way works, really.
...why?
Quote by david_safc

I'm doing AS level maths. There aren't that many to be honest, I'm just so stressed in case I forget them.

Don't you get a formula booklet with practically every formula and identity you will need? We did for ours.
Quote by Felkara
Dude, you just made the most intelligent post in this entire thread. Congrats.
What exam? Is it M1?
CYMRU

Quote by apothecarrie
I cut my tongue with a spoon.

Andrew Wk Party Tip 11Be Awesomer!

Woo
What unit of AS maths? Stats you really do get everything you need in the booklet.

EDIT: actually forget that, i assume since I've already done that so will you have if you're doing it...

mechanics i didn't do so dunnay know...
Its C2, I don't have a clue which ones you get because I lost my copy of the booklet lol.
Quote by david_safc
Its C2, I don't have a clue which ones you get because I lost my copy of the booklet lol.

I believe you'll get all the formulae you need.
Quote by Felkara
Dude, you just made the most intelligent post in this entire thread. Congrats.
Quote by The Overlord
I believe you'll get all the formulae you need.

You'll need to learn trig identities i think, and how to convert radians to degrees and vice versa, and the rules on trig graphs....

I think so anyway, f**k knows I just forgot it all as soon as i walked out of the exam.
write them on ur shirt / t-shirt and wear a jumper over the top

you can look on your sleeve or at the bottom when an invigilator isnt looking

,--.-'-,--.
\ /-~-\ /
/ )' a a `( \
( ( ,---. ) )
THIS WAS MEANT TO BE A PIG
\ `(_o_o_)' /
\ `-' /
| |---| |
[_] [_]
Quote by CorvetteRick
Library? New/used bookstore?

Yes, the trick to remembering a large list of random items within a few seconds is to go read all the books at the library/bookstore. It just takes a moment.