My bass, the Squier VM 70's Jass Bazz, has 2 pickups (one near the bridge and one halfway between the bridge and the last fret). Why do I have two? I can't switch between them... (My bass only has 3 knobs, nothing else besides the tuning knobs, strings, etc.)

Thanks
Quote by Deliriumbassist
three knobs- volume, tone, tone. You can change the tone ones for each pup in order to get the desired sound.

Sure it isn't two volumes an a master tone?
Warwick freak of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by elliott FTW
Damn you and Warwickyness

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Meh, could be. I don't know. I'm not drunk enough to be giving advice.

My squire was two volumes and a tone, so unless the VM series is different, the two big knobs are volume for individual pickups, and the smaller is a master tone.
Warwick freak of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by elliott FTW
Damn you and Warwickyness

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1
Quote by gm jack
Sure it isn't two volumes an a master tone?

I thought so too. At least on my Ibanez it is.
To Be is to Do -Socrates-
To Do is to Be -Sartre-
Do be do be do -Sinatra
Quote by gm jack
My squire was two volumes and a tone, so unless the VM series is different, the two big knobs are volume for individual pickups, and the smaller is a master tone.

They are all equal in size, as well as in color and shape, there's a pic of it on my profile if that helps.
according to the squier web site it's two volumes and a master tone. good call, jack.
UG POKER!
Quote by WyvernOmega

TL;DR: Saw a girl at Wal-Mart, she started feeling me up, I jizzed in my pants.

Shit, I'm so pathetic.

[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']I agree, tone does sound better the closer your genitals are to the ground.

Crabcore?

UNACCEPTABLE
Quote by O-52-A-50-R
Ok, so we're back where we started?

my guess is that the one closest to the front pickup is the volume for the neck pickup, the middle knob is volume for the bridge pup, and the last one is the tone. not positive tho, but i'm fairly sure you can experiment with them to figure out which is which.
UG POKER!
Quote by WyvernOmega

TL;DR: Saw a girl at Wal-Mart, she started feeling me up, I jizzed in my pants.

Shit, I'm so pathetic.

[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']I agree, tone does sound better the closer your genitals are to the ground.

Crabcore?

UNACCEPTABLE
Quote by P-Bass Pirate
my guess is that the one closest to the front pickup is the volume for the neck pickup, the middle knob is volume for the bridge pup, and the last one is the tone. not positive tho, but i'm fairly sure you can experiment with them to figure out which is which.

K, thanks
Quote by P-Bass Pirate

i have the same bass. this is correct.
Ive found on my MIM Fender Jazz that it is as Mr. P Bass Pirate Suggested. It is good to have two epically on single coil pickups because they can cancel out the hum if they are both set at the exact same level. In the end though I have found that you could spend a thousand dollars on pickups and other on-bass adaptations such as after market on bass 6 band EQ but you will never you have the control you have on your amp. I just set it all up all the way and then change my tone on the amp.
^Changing EQ and changing where the sound is picked up yield completely different results. But yeah, one closest to the neck is the neck pickup volume, middle is the bridge pickup and last is the master tone.
Turning down the first knob with the second on full will leave you with the bridge pickup only.
Turning down the second with the first knob on full will leave you with the neck pickup only.
The master tone will change the noise from a trebly, J-bass sound to something more P-bassy.

As far as I know, it's exactly the same on all standard jazz basses.
By the way, very nice looking bass. ^_^

Now, LET ME SLEEP. I have an important exam in the morning. =[
I'm a Fire, and I'll Burn.Burn.Burn.