Im starting a band (limited to people in my school taking music GCSE) and we dont have a bassist. I dont want to make anyone play an instrument they dont want to.

We will probarbly have 2 electric guitarists.

So I was wondering if it would be possible to get a pedal (under £100 preferably) that would make my guitar sound like a bass, but still keep the original signal eg as if a guitarist and a bassist, each in standard tuning, both play a bottom E.

thx in advance
There are pitch shifters that can drop you an octave down, but it won't have the same dynamic as a bass guitar. You're better off playing a bass guitar than trying to emulate a bass guitar...
Washburn D-12
Ibanez RG
Ibanez RG 7321
Epiphone Les Paul / EMG 81 85
Fender MIM Ash Stratocaster
Digitech Whammy
Small Stone Phaser
Boss SD-1-Modded
Boss MT-2-Modded
Boss CE-5
Boss DD-3-Modded
ISP Decimator
B-52 AT-212
You should find a bassist. Guitars with octave pedals sound kind of weird to me
Gear:
Epiphone G-400 Ebony
Line-6 UberMetal, EchoPark
Boss RC-2 Loop Station
Traynor YCV50Blue, Bass Mate 25, Guitar Mate 15
I don't know much about effects but, in order to make a guitar sound like a bass you'll need one of those octave pedal things. If what you're saying is a pedal in which you can play something and it'll sound as if it's being played in both guitar and bass, I'm not sure. However, you might be able to do something with a harmonizer... I'm really not sure but maybe there's a harmonizer pedal that goes a full octave down. Sorry if it doesn't help much... just trying..
an octave shifter should do the trick. it wont sound that good compared to a real bass however
i have a digitech synth wah and on some of the settings u can get it 2 sound like a bass, but the octave pedal would be better than that, and even better, dont try to make ur guitar sound like something its not.
OK so i should spend £100 on a bass and maybe play bass instead of guitar or mess around and make a backing track or whatever

thanks everyone
Yes... If you want bass guitar in your songs.. just use a bass guitar.

But you'll need a bass amp as well. BAD idea to run a bass through a guitar amp.
Washburn D-12
Ibanez RG
Ibanez RG 7321
Epiphone Les Paul / EMG 81 85
Fender MIM Ash Stratocaster
Digitech Whammy
Small Stone Phaser
Boss SD-1-Modded
Boss MT-2-Modded
Boss CE-5
Boss DD-3-Modded
ISP Decimator
B-52 AT-212
Also, put epicly heavy strings on there. Should help emulate the bass sound.
Quote by Diet_coke_head
I love taking a nice dip of some horse shit, so good.
my digitech pedal has a pretty cool bass preset which sounds good if u fiddle around with the settings a bit
although it may not be cheap an Electro Harmonix POG is capable of shifting you up and down several octaves. Jack White uses one for Seven Nation Army although before he used a Digitech Whammy. In addition to moving up and down octaves the POG is capable of many other interesting guitar tones annd effects.
Yeah, you can buy a cheap used bass guitar for $120-150 bucks.
MARSHALL JVM 210H
PEAVEY JSX
KRANK 412
MESA 412
FENDER STRATS
DIMARZIO
CELESTION
POG=love
Whammy is cool takes a while to get used to.
Epiphone Les Paul w/ Dimebucker
Fender Strat w/ Texas Specials
DD-3
TS-9
Crybaby from Hell
Electro-Harmonix Big Muff
BF-3
HBE Psilocybe
CH-1
Digidelay
Digitech Whammy
Mesa Triple Recto
Marshall 1936 2x12
I don't recall perfectly, but is there a way you can get your pianist/keyboardist to play the bass notes? I think Manzarek did that with the Doors, since they were minus a bassist. Although, they might have had a studio/session bassist...
Two electric guitars and drums is a feasible setup, if the drummer holds the beat on his own and the two guitarists arn't overlapping each other's frequencies and parts excessivly. If you just want to throw a bass line into a song on occassion, then you can pick up a Micro POG.
Quote by XxGibsonSGxX
I don't recall perfectly, but is there a way you can get your pianist/keyboardist to play the bass notes? I think Manzarek did that with the Doors, since they were minus a bassist. Although, they might have had a studio/session bassist...

Yup your right. The doors had no bassist.

Just buy a used Fender Strat bass or w/e. They are pretty solid for a beginner bass. If they sound bad just replace pick ups or get a better amp.