2. Ps1
2. Sega Dreamcast

3. Nintendo Gamecube
3. Ps2
3. X-Box

4. Nintendo Wii
4. Ps3
4. X-box 360

EDIT: damnit, can only have 10 options - scrap the first section then; we all know the SNES would win

EDIT 2: due to limited poll options, i am aware that not EVERY console is on the poll, just the most popular!!
Last edited by fender_696 at Jun 1, 2008,
i refuse to answer these questions as there is no option for the original nes.

FAIL.
Remember through sounds
Remember through smells
Remember through colors
Remember through towns
-Modest Mouse, "Novocaine Stain"
why can you only have 10 lol?
edit: oh you just added a poll.
and what happened to the old series like the sega genesis and the nes

and I'd say

ps1
gamecube
and xbox 360
I picked PS1, Gamecube, and Wii.
Quote by SteveHouse
Also you're off topic. This thread is about Reva eating snowmen.
I actually like the xbox 360 more than the ps3. A lot of people are saying that the ps3 is better because it's faster, but then again a lot of people said the ps2 was better than the xbox, despite being slower, so it isn't all about speed.

The xbox 360 controller is great, a properly-sized version of the old one (which while being awesome, was too big), but the ps3 controller is still mostly unchanged since the ps1, which is super weak. The new triggers are cool, but everything else seems identical to the ps2 controller, which was identical to the rumble ps1 controller (apart from having 2-stage pressure-sensitive buttons).

The ps3 is relying too heavily on graphics for its games to be good, whereas the xbox 360 has, for me so far, had more enjoyable games, with graphics that aren't quite as good but still do the job. The xbox 360 has a cool new colour scheme, while (quite typically) the pc3 is almost the same colour as the ps2. I know people will say "if it ain't broke, don't fix it," but to be honest the ps2 was never that great to begin with, it could have done with some more drastic changes.
Quote by TheQuailman
NIN! - TEN! - DOOOOO!!!

All the way, yeah. Seriously, anyone who would not want a wii is out of his/her mind.

Anybody who says they don't want one is a liaaarrr
Quote by SteveHouse
Also you're off topic. This thread is about Reva eating snowmen.
1. Sega Megadrive
2. Ps1
3. Ps2
4. X-box 360 (would maybe be PS3, I want one but haven't played on one yet. My little brother has a 360 though and it's alright.
Quote by TheQuailman
NIN! - TEN! - DOOOOO!!!

All the way, yeah. Seriously, anyone who would not want a wii is out of his/her mind.

Nintendo all the way.

Except for the Virtual Boy...

I'm sorry I even had that.
When a man lies he murders some part of the world
These are the pale deaths which men miscall their lives
All this I cannot bear to witness any longer
Cannot the kingdom of salvation take me home?
There should be Sega Saturn instead of Dreamcast - it's other generation.
"That was it, a nick. Now happily paid for. [...] It was decided that it was so far away in time and influence that...well, you only get caught when you're successful. That's the game". Robert Plant
N64
Gamecube.
Probably 360.
Is it still a God Complex if I really am God?

America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
I picked them all, and there's nothing you can do about it!

*evil laugh*

*runs away*
Quote by filthandfury
I picked them all, and there's nothing you can do about it!

*evil laugh*

*runs away*

That doesn't actually mess with the results. Since everything is affected the same, it just shifts everything along one and the results are counted from 1, not 0.

America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
NES
Master System
Sega Saturn
PS1
PS2
"If you don't show it, I cannot grope it."

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.."
Quote by Meths
That doesn't actually mess with the results. Since everything is affected the same, it just shifts everything along one and the results are counted from 1, not 0.

I know
I only ever played N64 for a short time, but Mario kart 64, 1080 and Mortal Kombat were amazing.

PS2, no question, probably the best of all time. My massive old one has just gone bust as well

I went for 360, even though I've hardly ever played it, but the PS3 and Wii are quite bad really.
Quote by Robbie n strat
In the changing rooms we'd all jump around so our dicks and balls bounced all over the place, which we found hilarious.

Little children should be felt, not heard.
Quote by NoLaurelTree000
i refuse to answer these questions as there is no option for the original nes.

FAIL.

+45743734
SNES was cooler though
Every form of control over another person is a crime

AEK Athens
Asteras Exarcheion
Prasini Thyella
Rayo Vallecano

RED MILITIA-Vamos a Vencer
I went for playsation in every generation.

The only one I'm not sure of is PS3, but I think it'll probably be the best in the end if it isn't now.
Dreamcast for Shenmue, Soul Calibur and Rez.
Xbox for Halo, OTOGI, Ninja Gaiden and Jade Empire.
360 for GTA4, Mass Effect, Halo 3, Bioshock, Oblivion and Orange Box, and also for Xbox Live, which is just great craic!
N64 - Zelda, Mario, Goldeneye. Nuff said.
X-box - First console to feature online play, had some amazing games (Halo anyone? )
Wii - Its just fun
Quote by alaskan_ninja
Everyone is trying a comeback now. Metallica, Smashing Pumpkins, Rage, and now bin Laden? Come on. Give it a rest..

haha
Quote by IDon'tLoveYou
N64 - Zelda, Mario, Goldeneye. Nuff said.
X-box - First console to feature online play, had some amazing games (Halo anyone? )
Wii - Its just fun
The Dreamcast was the 1st console with online play.
N64
PS2
Wii

For sure. I've never seen anything great about the Xbox-en, just the Halos. Xbox Live is nice though, I haven't seen the other console's online networks work as well. I really loved those old huge controllers for the first Xbox though. Too bad they got rid of those.

Quote by freedoms_stain

I would be willing to bet that the PC was the first with online play. I could be wrong though.
Quote by lespaul#1
Indie stands for Industrial I think, like Marilyn Manson.

Ibanez RG2EX2 (Dimarzio Breed in bridge)
Epiphone Les Paul 100
Laney LV300T
Line 6 Toneport GX

The Falling Object Model
Quote by freedoms_stain

Shame there was fuck all to play on it then.

Quote by FLNagle
For sure. I've never seen anything great about the Xbox-en, just the Halos. Xbox Live is nice though, I haven't seen the other console's online networks work as well. I really loved those old huge controllers for the first Xbox though. Too bad they got rid of those.

1)The Halo Trilogy is awful. Well not awful, just woefully mediocre. The only reason it's popular is because the original was the first big online console FPS. It's massively inferior to many other shooters on the console.
2)Xbox Live is gimp, paying to play online = evil and unnecessary, especially from Microsoft, owned by the world's 3rd richest man.
3)The old controllers for the Xbox were awful.

The 360 currently has the best games library of any next-gen console which is why I own one.

I'd have a PS3 too if I had enough money though. And the 360 is not without problems.

Oscar Wilde
Quote by FLNagle
I would be willing to bet that the PC was the first with online play. I could be wrong though.
I'd be willing to bet the PC isn't a console.
Quote by Cyberbob
360 for GTA4, Mass Effect, Halo 3, Bioshock, Oblivion and Orange Box, and also for Xbox Live, which is just great craic!

You do realise that only 1 of those games is an exclusive.

"Overall this is the most balanced generation of all time, with it all coming down to what you personally want as a gamer. The Wii, a yappy little bastard, good with kids but a bit tiring in the long run. The PS3, the big black labrador, slow but faithfully bringing in your slippers every morning. Or the 360, a good all-rounder that only occasionally pisses itself and dies"

Much respect if you can tell me the source. All people with over 100 posts in the Gaming Thread are instantly excluded
Quote by Grundy0

"Overall this is the most balanced generation of all time, with it all coming down to what you personally want as a gamer. The Wii, a yappy little bastard, good with kids but a bit tiring in the long run. The PS3, the big black labrador, slow but faithfully bringing in your slippers every morning. Or the 360, a good all-rounder that only occasionally pisses itself and dies"

Much respect if you can tell me the source. All people with over 100 posts in the Gaming Thread are instantly excluded
Is it related to the new (and freakin awesome) avatar?
Quote by Grundy0

Zero Punctuation! That man is a fucking legend.

Oscar Wilde
Quote by freedoms_stain
Is it related to the new (and freakin awesome) avatar?

Sssh

Quote by Meths
Zero Punctuation! That man is a fucking legend.

Well I guess that you get alot of respect, not that you didn't have it already.
Quote by freedoms_stain

Ah **** i forgot about that.

Ok then. The first properly successful online playing console (the dreamcast burnt and died to be fair)
Quote by alaskan_ninja
Everyone is trying a comeback now. Metallica, Smashing Pumpkins, Rage, and now bin Laden? Come on. Give it a rest..

haha
Nintendo 64 was and is the best games console! I love my 360 though
Quote by Kensai
IF YOU TYPE WITH BIG LETTERS YOUR POINT WILL COME ACROSS EASIER!

Seriously wtf was that?
Gran Turismo. Probably the only real reason I'll play a console.
Oh, plus Final Fantasy VII.

So I voted PS1, PS2, and I might buy a PS3 just for GT5!
[Founder of the Ibanez S players club.] Pm Me to Join
Page 1 of 2