View poll results: Which battery amp?
marshall ms 2
1 25%
marshall ms 4
2 50%
smokey mini amp
1 25%
Voters: 4.
I'm looking for a small battery powered amp that i can put on my belt and carry around the house. I've heard of the Marshall ms2 and ms4 and wondering which is better for the price. Iv'e also heard of the smokey mini amp.

Any suggestions? Thanks UG.
Marshall mini amps blow.
I don't know about carrying on your belt around the house but the Roland Microcube is the best amp out there with the option to power via batteries.
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
The point is im not exacty looking for a great and wonderful amp. This is just for carrying around size, IS THE ISSUE, the micro cubes are good amps i'll agree but for what i'm lookin for it may not suit the purpose...
The smokey works pretty well, I like it. The MS-4 seems like it would be too big- it's more of a desktop thing I think.
Dunno'

the only microamps I know of are the little Marshall ones and some Dean Markley one..

the Dean Markley thing is alright but not really a distortion.. just a kind of overdrive kinda' sound.. doesn't sound to great with it all the way up (the overdrive)

edit: also there's some little Fender ones I heard were quite ok.
Last edited by TechnicolorType at Jun 1, 2008,
Zvex Ftw.
Quote by doggy_hat
This chick that looked like shrek ****ed me while I was passed out on xanax. I screamed when I woke up.
Quote by Roc8995
The smokey works pretty well, I like it. The MS-4 seems like it would be too big- it's more of a desktop thing I think.
It is too large for use on your belt.
I have one and run a Sansamp pedal in front on it. SOUNDS HUGE!
MARSHALL JVM 210H
PEAVEY JSX
KRANK 412
MESA 412
FENDER STRATS
DIMARZIO
CELESTION
vox amplug? not sure how they sound but u wont find anything so practical

EDIT but yeah i agree, Zvex ftw!!!
Fender Deluxe Strat HSS
Fender Standard Strat
Fender Highway 1 Tele