Hey!

After getting told to get a new amp (rather than my sucky MG30) ive come here to ask..WHAT!

All valve please, im open to head or combo (Will be gigging so enough power) and if head i have a cab waiting in the wings.

VERSATILITY is the key word...i play anything from The Levellers to Cradle Of Filth..so i need high gain but the ability to clean up somewhat, but the gain is the most important part.

Cheers!

PC
Quote by konigstiger
PCSpeaker is right,

Damn right I am.

Bugera 333xl > Crybaby Wah > Marshall Guv'Nor > Boss SD1 > J&D Les Paul / Vintage Lemon Drop / Modded HSH Squier / Vintage Warp / Standard Squier Strat /Tanglewood Acoustic!
Get a valve king 212 combo from peavy. call me partial, but mine rocks, and with 100 watts of all tube power, you'll have more than enough juice for the stage.
Quote by cowboy_bill
Get a valve king 212 combo from peavy. call me partial, but mine rocks, and with 100 watts of all tube power, you'll have more than enough juice for the stage.

Lots and lots of gain?
Quote by konigstiger
PCSpeaker is right,

Damn right I am.

Bugera 333xl > Crybaby Wah > Marshall Guv'Nor > Boss SD1 > J&D Les Paul / Vintage Lemon Drop / Modded HSH Squier / Vintage Warp / Standard Squier Strat /Tanglewood Acoustic!
valve king is nice but not overly amounts of gain, i have borrowed my friends VK 212 for a week and it can get a nice thrashy tone but you would need an OD to get in black.death territory
Quote by mcrfobtai
B-52
5150 or 6505

Are they £400?
Quote by konigstiger
PCSpeaker is right,

Damn right I am.

Randall RG50T
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Well, here's some clips of both the randall and the valveking. Just to show you the voicing of each of these amps. I personally like the VK more because of the Class A/AB pot on the amp that lets you dial in a nice smooth lead tone. Plus I like the smoother voicing of the VK compared to the Randall. Either way, they are both good heads that can be had online for under the TS's budget.

randall
http://youtube.com/watch?v=SxR-SlOXnMY&feature=related

VK
http://youtube.com/watch?v=nBI9kDcNe1s