yes my first gig. im 16. been playing guitar since i was 10. its gunna be great because its at a talent show thing at a music camp...lol NOT but anyway the 'set' is:

all the small things-blink 182
search & destroy-red hot chili peppers (with beavis and butthead ending)
and then if they clap for a while, were gunna play the first couple lines of freebird, (me playing the slide solo) and then be like "just kidding, we dont get paid enough to play the whole thing," or something weird like that.

any suggestions for the first gig?
some classic like a bit of Led Zeppelin (Black Dog or Immigrant song), or Nirvana Teen Spirit should be plenty easy enuff.
never mess with the crowd when playing freebird!

you will get shot
Gear

Jarrett Custom Les Paul
Epiphone Les Paul
Ibanez Artcore AS73
Get someone to tape you, so you can later watch and listen to yourself and see what things you've done wrong or right. its a good way to see how you move and look on stage.
Quote by philm87
some classic like a bit of Led Zeppelin (Black Dog or Immigrant song), or Nirvana Teen Spirit should be plenty easy enuff.

we were gunna play smells like teen spirit too, but then we found out there was kinda a time limit.

Quote by josh15742
never mess with the crowd when playing freebird!

you will get shot

haha too bad. thats a risk im willing to take
Last edited by AJS19 at Jun 1, 2008,
Quote by Just_Matt
Get someone to tape you, so you can later watch and listen to yourself and see what things you've done wrong or right. its a good way to see how you move and look on stage.
and it's sweet youtube publicity
you just witnessed the heart-stopping, door-locking, history makin, pants-droppin, earth-shakin, body quakin, lip-quivering, body-tickilin, love-makin fang
haha we are gunna switch the order round starting off saying "you might remember this song as the last encore on Guitar Hero 2" and then playing the free bird lick and the bassist is then gunna playing the a string 3rd fret repeatedy, and then the drummer is gunna clap his sticks, 1 -2, 1 -2 -3 - 4(when we play the downbeat of all the small things) and then play that. and then well say a few words and then play search and destroy and finish with the hilarious beavis and butthead ending!