hi crowds

got some music for you, one of my first recordings i've done.
the song's been recorded on a G4 Apple Macintosh (i had one for a while)
using Garage Band, nice prog though.

Had some Rock in my mind while i was playing ^^
i named it fly away, maybe someone has a better idea xDD

crits are welcome

fly away
that did remind me of some old school rock. i think it might be a little better if the tempo was faster and the song was extended to keep the length about the same amount of time. the effect on the drums seemed alittle cheap to me though. and i have a feeling that the vocals, if it is indeed a song where vocals are applicable and not just something you jam too, could make or break the it.

please crit my song
Benzedrine and The Red Scare
would like to leave a comment on myspace, but i dont have an account xDD
the songs has its own flow, the bassline may need a bit of a push. good work, keep it up
I dig this tune man, the bass and rhythm are so smooth off that drum loop. It just shows what you can do without changing up drum fills, very nice. I dig the solo too but I think you could muster a little better tone out of it. It's not bad at all, but I think the tone of the drums, bass, and rhythm is nearly ideal so it makes the lead sound a little fuzzy.

Did you record the bass too? Further more where did the drums come from? I like em. Overall for a short song this is a great arrangement, keep up the work yo and post some more stuff!
Quote by supralightning
Did you record the bass too? Further more where did the drums come from? I like em. Overall for a short song this is a great arrangement, keep up the work yo and post some more stuff!

yes, with the same guitar as the rythm
i just EQed the bass line down to underline the bass tones (i dont have an electric bass >_>
The drums are loops of apples jam-packs, if ya listen close you'll hear the snare wandering from left to right and back, that's what it made interesting for me
Very nice, brilliant even, haha. I'm no bassist but you had me fooled. So i'm guessing that loop for drums came with garage band? That's coo i dont have a mac but, i've been searchin for a program to arrange drums. I've used flstudio in the past which works fine, its just time consuming for me

well, you'll either get a mac with iLife or try to get along with drum machines, hard life for musicians in the time of Vista *sarcasm*...
acousticas mixcraft is able to implement the jampacks, afaik
Last edited by deburu at Jun 3, 2008,