I was wondering how some people felt about the BOSS ME-50. I've had my eye on it for sometime but am extremely leery when it comes to buying a multi-effect pedal. While I realize the distortion may not be the greatest, I can always buy another distortion/overdrive pedal. My main concern are the other effects ... are they worth it?

I've been wanting a bunch of different pedals, a noise-gate, a wah, a chorus, a delay, a phaser/flanger ... and it seems like this is perfect for me, as each one is in this pedal!! It doesn't have a million effects, just the basic ones that I want and the ability to modify them.

So ... does it live up to the hype, does it sound good? Or is it just another multi-effect pedal that falls short?

Thanks in advance for all the help!!
It's not the greatest thing ever tonewise, but for a lot of stuff like you want, I'd say it's a good idea. As far as multieffects go it's one of the better ones.
Some things to think about:
Do you actually need all those effects, or do you just want to try them out?
Would you be better off with, for example, a good chorus pedal for ambiance instead of a mediocre chorus, flanger, and phaser?
Is the convenience a factor?
etc etc. Hope this helps
Last edited by Roc8995 at Jun 1, 2008,
It's probably one of the better multi-effects you can buy, because it's less digital than maybe a Pod or an M-Audio. You do know you can't use the likes of a flanger, a chorus or a phaser at the same time? ONly one at a time
Gear
Fender Jaguar > effects (x9) > Orange AD5

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE EUNEIROPHRENIAC σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣
Quote by hendricks.89
I was wondering how some people felt about the BOSS ME-50. I've had my eye on it for sometime but am extremely leery when it comes to buying a multi-effect pedal. While I realize the distortion may not be the greatest, I can always buy another distortion/overdrive pedal. My main concern are the other effects ... are they worth it?

I've been wanting a bunch of different pedals, a noise-gate, a wah, a chorus, a delay, a phaser/flanger ... and it seems like this is perfect for me, as each one is in this pedal!! It doesn't have a million effects, just the basic ones that I want and the ability to modify them.

So ... does it live up to the hype, does it sound good? Or is it just another multi-effect pedal that falls short?

Thanks in advance for all the help!!

Hi !

I've got one them... they're really good if you wanna try out a bunch of FX without ruining yourself financially. And the distortion isn't that bad as people think...
But just keep two things in mind: 1) The combination of FX is limited (this applies to almost every Multi-FX), and 2) you don't have the "Full version" of the FX that are built in (there's no "Hold" mode on the delay, contrary to BOSS Delay pedals, for example), so the control of the FX is limited.

Mine died a few days ago, so I lost a lot of my FX so you might wanna keep this in mind... but fortunately enough I started buying the FX that I use the most separately (now I know what I use). But I'm really planing on buying a new one (just love the "Ring Mod").

That's all for the moment (mail me if you got more questions)...

C ya !