Page 1 of 4
me too i think. ive been coming here for a long time though i cant remember clearly
Call me Jack
i was at a friends house who plays bass. he pulled up the tab to the seinfeld theme on here. i went home and looked something up later that day. found the forums the next day. thats when my life began.

or ended, depending on how you look at it.

yeah, id say thats when it ended.
Same way. Looking up some tab. Have no clue what tab it was. It took me awhile to sign up for the forums though.
I found this website on december 16th, 2006. I got my acoustic guitar the day before for a birthday present so I was willing to learn so i looked up pink floyd tabs. I signed up for the forums a month later .
"Member of the UG Pink Floyd Fan club PM stonegolem13 or nick dixon to join

love The Evil Dead films? Join my group: http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/boomstick/

Quote by pepsi1187
not to mention herbert from family guy will touch you in your sleep
i think most of us arrived to UG searching for tabs
The Pit was like god's wrath over us
ceci n'est pas un guitariste.
I was looking for tabs a couple of years ago, then I found UG. A year later I went in to the forum and found the pit.
Sworn enemy of the private investigator.
My friend told me to come here for tabs. Then he told me about the Religion thread and how pathetic it is. So I came here and am still here. No matter how hard I try I can't leave.
I used to come here just for tabs
Then after a while I noticed the reviews and articles. I think I signed up to leave a comment on an article and then ventured into the forums the same day.
"Why should we subsidise intellectual curiosity?"
-Ronald Reagan

"Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness."
-George Washington
after mxtabs.net shut down, one day I just decided to google guitar tabs to see what came up. A couple years later, I made a username, but before that, I only used the site for tabs.
An alternative to MXTabs when it went down so long ago.

Last edited by Your Mother : Today at 03:44 PM
I didn't find UG, UG found me.

Richwood Les Paul RE-135
Ibanez RG350DX
Takamine Dreadnought
Hohner Telecaster Copy
Epiphone Thunderbird-IV Pro
Crafter Cruiser bass
I was at a friends house and he was on here for tabs...
when i got my guitar, i came here looking for tabs in october 2005..
after about a year and a half I was looking at the front page, and saw the forums. I looked at all of them to begin with, but then I realised only the pit was fun. subsequently, I made a username and haven't left since! woteva my profile says, i have made more than 14 posts!! well over 2000 me thinks.
"You're a twat!"- That dude in morrisons

"You Ugly git!" - That girl in the restaurant

"You Were a Mistake!" - Mum

just a few of my fans..

i dont really remember. but i do remember that i didnt join untill like a year after i started using it for tabs.
Jesus wouldn't give you the sweat off of his balls if you were dying of thirst.
Quote by Code-E
God, you've gotta be UG's only moron!

Quote by magnum1117
that's right,you certainly are UG's only moron.

Quote by necrosis1193
Read the moron's posts, ironically enough he knows what he says.
I was looking for tabs and found this site. Then I saw the forums and joined, just to post a thread in the guitar forum about my guitar. Then I wondered into The Pit and haven't escaped for two years. I play guitar like once every 3 months now, and that usually ends up with me looking for tabs and then going back to the pit again.
We spent a lifetime on the
Beaches of Normandy in vain

Quote by poopsmith666
oooh look at me, i'm clincher, internet tough guy

Quote by theBaartMan
When Nostradamus predicted badassery, he spoke of clincher09.

<//////> ~

UG's NIN fan club
I used to use powertbs.net, but they got shut down by RIAA (the 1st time) and announced that UG had taken all their tabs without permission or crediting the powertab authors.

I wasn't really bothered, I just wanted tabs, so I jumped ship.
Googled guitar, not that epic.
...Up to the battlefield to where the spirits walk...
The magic of Google
Quote by SloppyJoseph
It doesn't fit my playing style at all so I figured it would be good for me
Quote by boreamor
I didn't find UG, UG found me.

That's a little disturbing.

The guy who got me into playing guitar used this to find tabs. I used it for chords then I found the Pit. Then my social life went downhill.
Quote by Jackal58
Nothing is stranger than being anonymous.
I can't really remember. My pre-UG days are a bit of a haze for me. I think it had to do with mxtabs closing down and looking for more Green Day tabs. Two years laer, here I am. Addicted worse than crack.
I used this site for tabs when I realized that most of the other sites were either shut down, really sucky, or just dead.

And then I found the forums, and I first joined to hold a Nirvana cover contest I spent a lot of time in the Riffs and Recordings section when I first started, and it took me awhile to use the pit regularly.
Page 1 of 4