Well its technically a list of suggestions , but its also nice to see people's opinions of the list
Liberation Minister of the UK Price War Army. PM Felkara to join

Quote by Teh Traineez0rz
You idiot....you set your hair on fire for a dollar.

Did you buy some intelligence afterwards??
Wow, Pulling Teeth by Cliff Burton? How could you miss that and I love the bass lines in The Light That Blinds.

EDIT: I just looked at the greatest rock keyboardists and Janne Warmen (Children of Bodom) is 97th!!!!!! That totally disgusts me. I hate those lists.

AND apparently to those lists, The lead guitarist ,Phill Grosso, from As I Lay Dying is better than KIRK HAMMETTT!?!?!? These lists just piss me off more and more.
Last edited by Gregray88 at Jun 1, 2008,
100 greatest rock basslines? there are 130, i lost interest after seeing that. if they can't count properly then how can they compile a list of the best properly
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
I think after this relentless adding for the last 10 mins, that Dan is the coolest looking. Goddamn welsh people and my great etc etc etc etc etc granddad is welsh.
Another one bites the dust, eh?
It's fun but it's not exactly 'great'
Well at least roundabout is up high
Quote by mynamesedson
I asked my son he said nothing but he just asked me he wants a psyachatrist (spelling?) Because he heard voices calling out his name. What a freak.

Control your life through insanity.

Igneuspentheism
Not my list particularly--but I was surprised and really happy that Bruce Thomas made the list of 20 best bass line creators.

I've always loved Bruce's melodic Motown like twists on the pub rock / new wave bass line. He's one of my favourite bass players, but I think Max (indie-bassist) and I are the only two people on the bass forum that ever talk about him.
Quote by Gregray88
Wow, Pulling Teeth by Cliff Burton? How could you miss that and I love the bass lines in The Light That Blinds.

EDIT: I just looked at the greatest rock keyboardists and Janne Warmen (Children of Bodom) is 97th!!!!!! That totally disgusts me. I hate those lists.

AND apparently to those lists, The lead guitarist ,Phill Grosso, from As I Lay Dying is better than KIRK HAMMETTT!?!?!? These lists just piss me off more and more.

Kurt Cobain always beats a lot of really great guitarists......I love Nirvana but he really wasn't too good at guitar.....
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Another one bites the dust got number one? That was the first bass line I worked out, it has like two notes in it
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
Quote by anarkee
Not my list particularly--but I was surprised and really happy that Bruce Thomas made the list of 20 best bass line creators.

I've always loved Bruce's melodic Motown like twists on the pub rock / new wave bass line. He's one of my favourite bass players, but I think Max (indie-bassist) and I are the only two people on the bass forum that ever talk about him.

I noticed that and I'm glad he's got some recognition! I think we are the only two, it's a shame, he's a fantastic player and one of my favourites too. We should start a "Bruce Thomas deserves more recognition among bass players!" thread/group .
Quote by Bumper
Looks like you had a big bowl of Downs Syndrome for breakfast.

Member of the Bass Militia, PM Nutter_101 to join

Lover of Ashdown? Join the Ashdown Army!
How Hysteria by Muse didn't get in there is beyond me!

Also, I'm not a bass player and I've never looked at the tab but Another One Bites The dust seems insanely easy!
Guitars:
Ibanez GRG170DX
A crap little half-size starter guitar

Pedals:
Digitech RP90

Amps:
Roland Cube 30X
A cheap 10W
Okay, so out of all of Rage's 4 albums of basslines, they pick Take The Power Back?

Ugh.
Quote by Marcel Veltman
Being a rather mediocre musician myself, I'm all on the hand of Haanz.

Guitar:
MIM '09 Fender Telecaster
Laney VC15-110 Old English White '10
Freshman FOP1DN Acoustic

Bass:
Ibanez SRX590
Laney RB4
Tech21 SansAmp BassDriver DI
Boss ODB-3
Complexity wasn't the only criteria that they used for this list. If you take into account everything the editors did, its hard to come up with something bigger than Another One Bites the Dust. Everyone knows it. My grandma in India knows it. You think she knows Roundabout or Money? Sure they are more complex, but Another One Bites the Dust is the most famous, even if it was derived from good times.

And +1 to the Timmy C comment.

EDIT: Take a look at the list of Rock's Best Bass Guitarists. That list should cause some controversy.
These types of lists fascinate me, like those top 100 songs of a decade that VH1 or Rolling Stone are so overly fond of. I always look at those and I think--damn, did I completely sleep through the 1980s in some sort of bewildered haze?

There is so much to argue about on that list--I agree with some of the artists but not the songs in some cases. And in the case of #92, I just don't get the inclusion of Beach Boys song, even if it was from Pet Sounds. And #42 makes me laugh, because the Doors didn't have a bassist.

And Indie you start the Bruce Thomas is underrated group and I'll join up forthwith.
this makes me laugh.
where was hysteria? tommy the cat? happy birthday?
we need our own list... not basslines you should know, but 100 greatest basslines!

anyone agree?
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom