Since there seem to be a lot of threads dedicated to people looking for help with research/math etc, I think it is a good idea to just put all of that in one thread. So ask away, and we'll do our best to help out
Quote by Zardokk
Everybody must get stoned! (If they are me.)
What exactly happens with the division of 0?
Quote by Teh Forest King
A kid took a fetal pig during pig dissection, put a napkin on it as a cape, wrote "super pig" on it, then threw it out the window onto the greenhouse below, yelling "super pig, blast off!". He failed the pig lab
Quote by Just Andrew
What exactly happens with the division of 0?

Oh shi-
Quote by Zardokk
Everybody must get stoned! (If they are me.)
There have been a few of these before. And, school's finishing for most of the UG community, so I doubt this will last much longer than a few pages.
Done before

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=601337

and it failed.

EDIT:https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=454462
And this one.

I doubt this thread will go anywhere. Be nice if it did, all neat and tidy and whatnot. Not that people know how to use the searchbar...
Quote by SteveHouse
Also you're off topic. This thread is about Reva eating snowmen.
Last edited by RevaM1ssP1ss at Jun 1, 2008,
Im suppose to make a program using random number generator... and i picked radioactive decay simulation and after days of not sleeping and researching i have relly given up... I decided i might as well give the pit a go...

Ok well.. what value do i put as a random number ?

Decay constant ? half life? initial number of nuclide?

i askd my jerk lab supervisor and all he gave me was r= rand(seed) and when r is less than some number a decay occurs...

Not only do i not know what the seed means.. i dont know what he means by when r is less than some number.. what is that some number...

. ok now i found out that the 'some number' must be less than the decay constant
does anyone have any ideas...

Thanks
Maybe we should try it when a large part of the UG community is attending school, right now we can only help kids on summer school....
A Mexican is running towards the U.S. - Mexican border at 15 feet per second, while at the same time a bullet from a U.S. Border Patrol agent is screaming towards his head at 3,200 feet per second. At what time will they meet?
Quote by RU Experienced?
A Mexican is running towards the U.S. - Mexican border at 15 feet per second, while at the same time a bullet from a U.S. Border Patrol agent is screaming towards his head at 3,200 feet per second. At what time will they meet?

At the time of his death.
Quote by RU Experienced?

they dont... the agent missed
well i put in a real problem... a real question.. and everyone just ignores it..

i mean im not trying to be like rude or anything.. but isnt this thread suppose to help people not make fun of stupid little things...

I can see why the last one failed... nothing is being taken seriously...
Quote by UrMomsMom
well i put in a real problem... a real question.. and everyone just ignores it..

i mean im not trying to be like rude or anything.. but isnt this thread suppose to help people not make fun of stupid little things...

I can see why the last one failed... nothing is being taken seriously...

I read through your problem, but I couldn't help and figured I wouldn't post a useless response (as I'm aware this one is) like "sorry dude, I have no idea how to help you." Try looking up the formula you're supposed to be using in your text book or online and see if you can figure it out.
Quote by UrMomsMom
Im suppose to make a program using random number generator... and i picked radioactive decay simulation and after days of not sleeping and researching i have relly given up... I decided i might as well give the pit a go...

Ok well.. what value do i put as a random number ?

Decay constant ? half life? initial number of nuclide?

i askd my jerk lab supervisor and all he gave me was r= rand(seed) and when r is less than some number a decay occurs...

Not only do i not know what the seed means.. i dont know what he means by when r is less than some number.. what is that some number...

. ok now i found out that the 'some number' must be less than the decay constant
does anyone have any ideas...

Thanks

divide by zero???

nah tbh i hvent a clue... the only thing i know about random numbers is my calculator can do it if i press 2nd funtion and 7.... U can make pretty fun games out of it sometimes....
^ok I'll try

First , what are you using to make the program???

Second, I think it would be easier if you make the initial number of nucleotide random

the "seed" it's a number the computer uses to generate a "random" number

It uses a certain algorithm to produce that number if you run the program using the same seed the computer would generate the same "random" number.

You should put as seed something like the current time (hourminsec)
Quote by Ostinattos
^ok I'll try

First , what are you using to make the program???

Second, I think it would be easier if you make the initial number of nucleotide random

the "seed" it's a number the computer uses to generate a "random" number

It uses a certain algorithm to produce that number if you run the program using the same seed the computer would generate the same "random" number.

You should put as seed something like the current time (hourminsec)

Im using octave which is using METLAB

Initial nuclide random.. i see.. so what do i do with the value of decay constant ? just work it out from the formula?

the thing is... decay occers evry random number less than decay constant ? it doesnt make sense...

can you give example of what to put in the seed like what numbers ? do i jus pud rand(19000020020) or something like that ?

thanks for trying to help btw... i relly appreciate it
mmm...

Check for a Matlab tutorial on that one , Octave is an opensource version of matlab.

For the random number generator I think I have one I used for Probability , I'll check..
Quote by Ostinattos
mmm...

Check for a Matlab tutorial on that one , Octave is an opensource version of matlab.

For the random number generator I think I have one I used for Probability , I'll check..

do you think maybe... both the decay constant and the initial nuclide are random ? this whole thing doesnt make sense...
No , choose one, or it might get messy.

If you choose the decay constant random it would be like you were modelling different elements each time you run the program

If you choose the initial nuclide random, the element would be the same.

edit :Look

Radioactive decay free program
i guess you're right... il make it so that.. the user is only going to input the half life and the random initial nuclide... then plot the graph of the function and show it... and thats it...
ive given up completely beyond that...

im very grateful for your help...
What do i do to focus?

I have to do a history summative that's amazingly boring and due tomorrow but I keep getting distracted by UG and Warcraft.

I can't leave this room because if I do my mom will yell at me for not getting anything done in the 5 hours I've been in here.
ok guys, explain this to me:

6x + 7 = 3x - 6 how did i get there?? we're not supposed to do this "flow diagram" thing. it's pretty messed up really.
This is rather simple, really.
You have to simplify it so that you have your Xs on one side and your numbers without an X on the other.

So, you'd go like this

6x + 7 = 3x-6
6X + 13= 3x
13 = -3x
X= -13/3